Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

need some clarity on upcoming changes if its related to U19

Strrog

Question

Greetings folks,

I have been scouting intenetz and watching devstreams and see that Warframe is about to hit with lots of new good changes.

However I am loosing track of things that will actually be introduced in U19 and what time-frame are we talking about for the release of it.

I will list some questions i really would like to clarify as it currently made me stop trading and fusing mods.

What is the confirmed change to Star chart 3.0 looks like it will be more simple? what changes are confirmed to invasions, loot tables an alerts as well as sector progression?

Any affinity changes?

Whats the state of the prime vault and new prime roll outs in general? seems like new players have to pay too much for needed frames aka (frost p )

Are there any changes for the crafting system or resource farming?

Is it confirmed that U19 or earlier will bring change to trash mods and core fusion system? possible x-mutation as well?

Any particular changes that affect Baro?

Is there a confirmed road-map for development from DE and changes for the near few months that you can have a look at?

Sorry for hard questions just tired of non consistent info from net lol, thx DE if you could clarify

1 and 3. The SC will be more linear in terms of progression. That's about as much as we know for sure. Supposedly the SC should release all vaulted primes excluding Excalibur.

2. No affinity changes 

4, 5, 6 etc.

We don't have an exact confirmation as to what is and what is not to come in U19 asides from SC3.0 and most of the things you asked about have general mentions but nothing heavy development side.

7 minutes ago, Strrog said:

like whats the point fo all these hours of dev streams still no frigin info,,, do not get it

They are there to let you know of up coming reworks, events, etc. As far as U19, for sure, we should be getting Starchart 3.0, as mentioned above. As far as I know, we will also be getting a reworked Grineer boss fight - Kela De Thaym (or however it's spelled) should be getting a rework. Not sure if it's going to be Tyl Regor's level of rework, but it is supposed to be a revamped fight (also with an updated model as far as I'm aware). They also wanted to look into changing around Serration/Hornet Strike/(Primed) Point Blank/Pressure Point, and the various multishot mods as to how they work, but no word on if that's going to be U19 or later. The idea of Damage 3.0 was also being tossed around because of the current scaling issues, but again, not sure if that's U19 or later.

Edited by Homer87

3 minutes ago, Homer87 said:

They are there to let you know of up coming reworks, events, etc. As far as U19, for sure, we should be getting Starchart 3.0, as mentioned above. As far as I know, we will also be getting a reworked Grineer boss fight - Kela De Thaym (or however it's spelled) should be getting a rework. Not sure if it's going to be Tyl Regor's level of rework, but it is supposed to be a revamped fight (also with an updated model as far as I'm aware). They also wanted to look into changing around Serration/Hornet Strike/(Primed) Point Blank/Pressure Point, and the various multishot mods as to how they work, but no word on if that's going to be U19 or later. The idea of Damage 3.0 was also being tossed around because of the current scaling issues, but again, not sure if that's U19 or later.

Mods seems to be scaling just fine? which ones in particular have scaling issues? all of them are %  based

1 hour ago, izzatuw said:

1 and 3. The SC will be more linear in terms of progression. That's about as much as we know for sure. Supposedly the SC should release all vaulted primes excluding Excalibur.

2. No affinity changes 

4, 5, 6 etc.

We don't have an exact confirmation as to what is and what is not to come in U19 asides from SC3.0 and most of the things you asked about have general mentions but nothing heavy development side.

Aw, but SC2 was my favorite. It had Link on GCN.

We have confirmation that both kavats and Kela will be coming pre-U19. But like izzatuw said, nothing is absolutely confirmed for U19 itself. In devstream 72, a live demo was shown wherein Steve navigated the star chart, and briefly talked about how dark sectors will be coming back with heavy revisions. It's a safe bet that's U19, I'd expect it in 19.5 at the absolute latest.

I expect the Mag and Volt reworks will launch with U19, however they could come earlier. According to Steve, they are being combined into a single release; by his phrasing, it's unclear whether he's referring to only Mag and Volt, or other planned reworks as well. But again, no confirmation.

Your best bet is to just sit tight and tune in for the PAX East panel livestream on the 22nd. It begins at 1pm CST. They will be showing off U19 in detail. This is just a hunch, but I think we might finally hear a little about Umbra.

Just now, Strrog said:

Mods seems to be scaling just fine? which ones in particular have scaling issues? all of them are %  based

I should have clarified better, that was my mistake - the issue wasn't necessarily with mod scaling, but with enemy scaling.

1 minute ago, Homer87 said:

I should have clarified better, that was my mistake - the issue wasn't necessarily with mod scaling, but with enemy scaling.

You had me confused for a second there. I was going to ask if you meant the planned changes to special damage mods, like Combustion Beam and Thunderbolt. According to Scott, those are getting damage scaling, as opposed to being fixed damage. Which I'm happy to hear, personally. Concealed Explosives is the only useful one, and that's only because of its effect on nullifiers, and its ability to pop and reapply all of Saryn's spores at once to create thirty million DoTs on every enemy. Man, I hope they don't nerf Concealed Explosives' proc chance to compensate for the damage buff...

1 minute ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

You had me confused for a second there. I was going to ask if you meant the planned changes to special damage mods, like Combustion Beam and Thunderbolt. According to Scott, those are getting damage scaling, as opposed to being fixed damage. Which I'm happy to hear, personally. Concealed Explosives is the only useful one, and that's only because of its effect on nullifiers, and its ability to pop and reapply all of Saryn's spores at once to create thirty million DoTs on every enemy. Man, I hope they don't nerf Concealed Explosives' proc chance to compensate for the damage buff...

while we at it the combustion beam for example gives jsut flat dmg proc on kills or does it scale with your weapon modifications as well?

1 minute ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

I'm glad those are on the list of fixes as well. I don't see why they would nerf the proc chance if they are going to just make it scale better, but that does sound like a damage 3.0 thing. I remember either Scott or Steve saying that they wanted better scaling of weapons and abilities on the frames, which is definitely a good thing.

1 minute ago, Strrog said:

while we at it the combustion beam for example gives jsut flat dmg proc on kills or does it scale with your weapon modifications as well?

As Combustion beam is now, it's flat damage regardless of mods on your weapon. Generally speaking, it's pretty good for around level 35 and under.

6 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

There are likely changes planned for all those things, but we won't know the true extent until U19 drops on the 13th

Or Sheldon does us a solid and spoils it

13th of which month?

4 hours ago, Hayabusa97 said:

I'm still trying to figure out why there is infested crap in my ship

Ordis intercepted an analysis of taming Kavats sent to Lotus that recommended only going through the trouble of taming them if there were special circumstances that put the operator or the orbiter at risk.  So naturally Ordis 'accidentally' spilled a couple containers of nano spores and reported it to Lotus, since Kavats love to chew that junk up when it forms into infested growth.

4 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

This guy looks like a CoH mini-boss; Dreck the Slag.  Who is this, anyway?

If you really want to know, its...

Spoiler

Kela.

Spoiler

And yeah, its a case of

Spoiler

Chick looks like a dude.