Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Opinion on Lunaro?

PrVonTuckIII

So we got teasered the trailer for our new competitive PvP mode, Lunaro. Hosted by Teshin, this is a 'friendly' way for Tenno to train together. We don't know much about it, but it is a sport, and it seems that our Operator's will be vital part of it. Players will be organized into named teams.

So what do you think? Crash and burn? The new End-Game? The greatest thing WF has ever seen?

Honestly, I kinda like the idea of us all crowding around our screens in the 'championship' match, putting bets on who would win. I'm hesitant, but I look forward to it.

For those haven't seen the trailer:

Spoiler

[media]

[/media]

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

gotta alot nerve to dare say "those of you awaken who have REFUSED the blood of the conclave" and tell us its sport but wont invest in dedicated servers to make it a even playing field for everyone

how can it ever be competitive and taken seriously as a sport if u dont have serious infrastructure and systems to support it

Just now, Heatnix. said:

Gameplay wise I guess it really is of an acquired taste.

Lore wise is a disgrace lol. The system is being infested and in endless war and Teshin wants to host a Tenno Superbowl.

Is it really so incredible? This exact kind of thing happens in the real world too.

Honestly, the trailer didn't give us a lot to work with. It's nice that there'll be an alternative way to get Conclave items though, so I'm optimistic.

9 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

So we got teasered the trailer for our new competitive PvP mode, Lunaro. Hosted by Teshin, this is a 'friendly' way for Tenno to train together. We don't know much about it, but it is a sport, and it seems that our Operator's will be vital part of it. Players will be organized into named teams.

So what do you think? Crash and burn? The new End-Game? The greatest thing WF has ever seen?

Honestly, I kinda like the idea of us all crowding around our screens in the 'championship' match, putting bets on who would win. I'm hesitant, but I look forward to it.

For those haven't seen the trailer:

Reveal hidden contents

[MEDIA] https://youtu.be/pp_LJNlN2R4 [/MEDIA]

Not sure how you can have an opinion on something we don't know anything about yet other than it's an in-game "sport" and that it's coming soon!

That said, I have no objection to a "sport" game mode, I think people will probably enjoy it.  It's usually a thing that's enjoyed in MMOs anyway.

4 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

From what I got they're pretty much making Rocket League in Warframe not sure how much of a joke that was but they said it, something to do if nothing else and more content is always nice.

I honestly cant imagine that game mode for warframe tbh. So its pretty much a soccer game? Seems kinda weird for Warframe doesnt it? Unless they add a twist to it.

2 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Also, pardon my ignorance, but how do you embed videos? I keep forgetting.

["media"] (Video Link) ["/media"] without the quotes

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

I honestly cant imagine that game mode for warframe tbh. So its pretty much a soccer game? Seems kinda weird for Warframe doesnt it? Unless they add a twist to it.

the trailer really doesn't give much but if I'm taking Steve seriously here then I'd immagine maby some sort of archwing soccer or something

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Not soccer. A separate sport. But something where we can Super-Bowl around our computer screens with popcorn.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

1 minute ago, R34LM said:

I bet it'll be another Archwing. A gamemode that gets dumped in and is fun for a while but has bugs and stagnant content that'll never get updated or expanded.

Chances are that there will be some AW stuff in it, but I'll remain hopeful that DE can redeem it.

21 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

Gameplay wise I guess it really is of an acquired taste.

Lore wise is a disgrace lol. The system is being infested and in endless war and Teshin wants to host a Tenno Superbowl.

Reminds me of the mass effect 3 citadel dlc, where you can compete in a virtual arena for fun and for money, while the war is still going on

Why are some people complaining.  It's a free game mode.  Cod or rainbow six makes you buy a season pass for new game modes.  Warframe gives us so much free content don't people see that.  At least they are trying to make conclave better and not say it a lost cause.  

26 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

Is it really so incredible? This exact kind of thing happens in the real world too.

And the real world is full of normal people. In warframe- we are Tenno. We were MADE (metaphorically and semi-literally) for war- not to live normal lives. Not to think, but to act on the will of others. We don't even really have a choice. We either fight- or we do nothing.

Just make it FUN. Play Rocket League if you need an example of what De should be designing for. That is a blast even when you're losing. If they over think Lunaro and shove a whole bunch of constraints on it to appease certain players alway demanding slower game play, or punishing the losing side with no avenue for whatever cosmetic or super carrot they want, it'll burn out fast for curious PVE players.

We all play Rocket League, De. Just make it cheery, fun, and don't take it so serious for Lunaros. Tell Teshin to loosen his underwear, PVE players aren't keen on care bear insults to get them to play a PVP mode. That may sound great for the elitists in PVP wanting to sound all road warrior hardcore, but your target PVE audience is already irritated over it. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Fox670z said:

Why are some people complaining.  It's a free game mode.

It depends, really.

As long as it remains a secondary thing that isn't part of the normal game, and no content winds up being locked into it, I don't mind it really.  If they start locking specific content, like a gun or a Warframe, into it, I'll be miffed.  Simple fact is I don't want to be forced into running something DE creates just because DE created it, the way we were with Archwing.