Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fairy Frame Discussion [Megathread]

hs0003

Well, I, for one, am sad that resident Fairy King Oberon will have to step down. He just got a new skin! Look at that skirt. Tell me that if I coloured that purple, he wouldn't be a fairy. But anyway, I heard something about her storing razor sharp fairies in her arms and skirt, so.. Prepare your status bar. The slash procs will be unforgiving. 

On 4/23/2016 at 0:44 AM, Xianos_Chaos said:

Just watched the video on the new warframe we are getting, she is looking awesome, but I wonder what name they are gonna settle with?

I would hope it would be Titania, Queen of the Fairies.

What do you guys think? Any names you think would suit the new warframe?

Id like to go with something like "Fae" or "Faerae"

like a play on the words of fairy, faerie, and shadows

could even throw in some Norse mythology in there

3 hours ago, ThornScythe said:

You do Know there is already a frame named Zephyr Right? and it does not fly but pretty near it, it needs a rework badly after the crappy movement 2.0, yet it already exists and pretty much does what you say

Yea ik, we could rename that one to something more fitting...what's latin for "sinking stone"?

43 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyWill718 said:

So since we know that the next frame is going to be fairy-based I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread brainstorming ideas on what we think may be possible powers for the Warframe besides the shrinking ability.

There is the razor butterfly ability 

1. Flutter - channeled ability that shrinks her in size allowing free flight.
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. Death Blossom - unleashes a swarm of razorflies that stagger enemies and deals Slash damage before moving on to the next targets. With each attack, razorflies deal more damage.

How about "Crazy" - as in what level of crazy does it take to suggest putting a fairy in this type of game??? Was someone snorting the pixie dust again? An ogre, yes... A  leviathan even... a Djinn (not the Sentinel) or  a Genie... but a fairy??? Name that thing "Crazy" for that....

I was trying to hold this and wait - but I can't. I know it isn't out and we don't know that much about it yet - so I can't and won't comment on what it can and cannot do, or it's abilities or even if it has worth or not. But my issue is the idea of a Fairy in this game in the first place. A Fairy... bothers me.

It bothers me because to me it doesn't fit in with Warframe conventions. If it were a lion, an elephant, a Genie, a Vampire... maybe - but a flitty little flitting Fairy flitting around? I have read a MASSIVE amount of great ideas for frames coming from the community here - I cannot see how a Fairy rose to the top of all those great, and applicable ideas...

I thought Warframe types kind of followed the naming and type protocol of war machines in the real world - until this Fairy thing. Was there ever a tank, a jet fighter, bomber, warship, christened with a name like "Fairy". Imagine a Warship named "Fairy Princess"... boy would that strike fear in the hearts of the enemy... And the idea was not inspired by a fearsome thing. Rhino is fearful. Nova (Supernova) is a fearful thing. Inaros is inspired by a mummy. A Fairy does NOT invoke even a speck of fear. 

"If you continue to oppose us - we will send the Fairy Frame to take you out... and if that's not enough we will follow up with Pixies riding My little Ponies... Ok, stop laughing... we really will send the Fairy... oh forget it..." COME ON - can we do better than that????

And where does Fairies fit into a 17+ Mature game??? This is not Barbie's Playhouse Fantasy Frame... this is Warframe! WAR Frame! Where does a Fairy fit in that???

Who knows... maybe it will work out... but the idea of a fairy - in Warframe... is just... off. I cannot pretend to be excited about this... There I said it.

Edited by magusat999

15 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

I was trying to hold this and wait - but I can't. I know it isn't out and we don't know that much about it yet - so I can't and won't comment on what it can and cannot do, or it's abilities or even if it has worth or not. But my issue is the idea of a Fairy in this game in the first place. A Fairy... bothers me.

It bothers me because to me it doesn't fit in with Warframe conventions. If it were a lion, an elephant, a Genie, a Vampire... maybe - but a flitty little flitting Fairy flitting around? I have read a MASSIVE amount of great ideas for frames coming from the community here - I cannot see how a Fairy rose to the top of all those great, and applicable ideas...

I thought Warframe types kind of followed the naming and type protocol of war machines in the real world - until this Fairy thing. Was there ever a tank, a jet fighter, bomber, warship, christened with a name like "Fairy". Imagine a Warship named "Fairy Princess"... boy would that strike fear in the hearts of the enemy... And the idea was not inspired by a fearsome thing. Rhino is fearful. Nova (Supernova) is a fearful thing. Inaros is inspired by a mummy. A Fairy does NOT invoke even a speck of fear. 

"If you continue to oppose us - we will send the Fairy Frame to take you out... and if that's not enough we will follow up with Pixies riding My little Ponies... Ok, stop laughing... we really will send the Fairy... oh forget it..." COME ON - can we do better than that????

And where does Fairies fit into a 17+ Mature game??? This is not Barbie's Playhouse Fantasy Frame... this is Warframe! WAR Frame! Where does a Fairy fit in that???

Who knows... maybe it will work out... but the idea of a fairy - in Warframe... is just... off. I cannot pretend to be excited about this... There I said it.

Lmfao your hilarious man