Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fairy Frame Discussion [Megathread]

hs0003

4 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

It'd better be Titania.

Oberon was named absolutely perfectly. Titania would be a perfect thematic match.

I just hope they don't go "Nah, Titania's too obvious" and go with some weird, super-obscure name that gives no information of the frame's theme to the average player. (*cough* IVARA *cough*)

Seriously, though, I just googled "Ivara" and everything is just Warframe. I then googled "Ivara mythology" and "Ivara name" and the first results were still Warframe. That's a clear sign that the selected name is too obscure.

I got this in the 2nd page:

http://nameberry.com/babyname/Ivara

5 hours ago, Freekiku said:

"Uryna"

"Coona"

"Peida"

Please and I speak for most if not all Portuguese language speakers, Do NOT use these names cause well, they are pretty similar to some words even though slanders words the last 2 still would be pretty bad, can't elaborate without risking ban.

I always love it when people make threads like these and don't bother to provide a link for those who havent seen it yet. Here the pic for those who haven't watched the video.

6f52cefff2.jpg

Edited by Papragu

...a butterfly was seen in Japan as the personification of a person's soul; whether they be living, dying, or already dead.  Large numbers of butterflies are viewed as bad omens. When Taira no Masakado was secretly preparing for his famous revolt, there appeared in Kyoto so vast a swarm of butterflies that the people were frightened — thinking the apparition to be a portent of coming evil.

Titania would be the obvious choice and it certainly would fit.

One could go a bit more old school and reference the Morrigan: Babd, Macha, or perhaps Anand. All are appropriate. One could reach even further back (and they are sorta related) to Greco-Roman mythology and reference the Furies: Tisiphone, Alecto, and Megaera. Though, that lot are more about vengeance, madness, and destruction, but it's a theme through all these sorts of goddesses.

A more classical magical bent would be Hecate, which I rather prefer myself. Huntress and guardian of gates and crossroads.

19 hours ago, Zalvion said:

Titania 

from google:

Titania is a character in William Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream. In the play, she is the queen of the fairies. Due to Shakespeare's influence, later fiction has often used the name "Titania" for fairy queen characters.

I'd be disappointed if it's not Titania. Oberon must get his queen.

12 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

It'd better be Titania.

Oberon was named absolutely perfectly. Titania would be a perfect thematic match.

I just hope they don't go "Nah, Titania's too obvious" and go with some weird, super-obscure name that gives no information of the frame's theme to the average player. (*cough* IVARA *cough*)

Seriously, though, I just googled "Ivara" and everything is just Warframe. I then googled "Ivara mythology" and "Ivara name" and the first results were still Warframe. That's a clear sign that the selected name is too obscure.

Ivara is a "female" version of Ivar which was a nordic or something name for an archer. Thats where it came from. Besides if everything were gonna be named after deities and crap then this would just be smiteframe

49 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Ivara is a "female" version of Ivar which was a nordic or something name for an archer. Thats where it came from.

Do you expect the average WF player to be aware of that before looking at Ivara's wikia page?