Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fairy Frame Discussion [Megathread]

hs0003

13 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

Yeah - but at least Nezha is based on something tough, not a irritating dependent creature with just enough magic to get itself in trouble all the time. There is nothing tough about a fairy - Nezha might look effeminate, but that's just a cultural thing. I've seen plenty of martial arts movies with effeminate looking males (by Western Standards) that could kick butt. Fairies... zero. And I mean FAIRIES, not an off-shoot or some TYPE of fairy. This is being called the "Fairy Frame" and it isn't based on any of those other things people keep bringing up (I wish it were... almost anything but a freaking barbie doll-house fairy).

Dragons are fearsome. Fairies are one step above bugs. They are like bugs with magic. And Oberon is not a fairy. He is a paladin. Even IF Oberon was not a Paladin, he is not a fairy, he is something else. I am not complaining about the whole class of magical beings, It's specifically this little wimpy, dependent being that was chosen over all of the actually fearsome legends they could have picked as a basis.

I'm not complaining about a "TYPE", I'm specifically talking about Fairies. Tinkerbell is not a Spriggen, for example. The frame is not a Dullahan or a Spriggan - it's a Fairy. it even turns into a little Tinkerbell flitting around, flapping it's way to victory. Oberon is not a fairy, either. He is supposed to be a Paladin - he just looks like a Druid because of bad design.

And if you have to tell someone why something is "scary" - that is not scary. "Ohhh - fairies are scary... when they aren't called fairies and you consider folk tales from other cultures and stories about other creatures that we will include in the fairy class but are never actually called fairies... So you SHOULD think of them as fearsome and scary..."

"So, I guess I shouldn't have sprayed the little bugger with this can of Raid, then???"

"Wake up, little Warframe Fairy, wake up... It isn't waking up... Maybe I shouldn't have stepped on it after it hit the ground... all those pink spark- wait... is that blood?"

Oberon is a fairy you dolt. King of the fairies in fact. Inb4 this turns out to be Titania.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Oberon is a fairy you dolt. King of the fairies in fact. Inb4 this turns out to be Titania.

FROM THE WIKI:

Have you EVER been to the WIki??? BTW. And dont call people derogatory names. Thiis a discussion, not a school yard name calling session.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Oberon

" Oberon is a paladin among Warframes. Zealous offensive powers and sacred protective skills make him a balanced warrior with both assault and supportive capabilities. Oberon came to light inUpdate 11.5."

Did you miss the word PALADIN? Read it again. Oberon is a PALADIN, not a fairy, king of fairies or wearer of pink under-tighties. I already knew this because I observed the whole design process - you probably didn't even know Warframe existed at the time.

I think you owe me an apology, because clearly I am not the "dolt" if I am correct.

Edited by magusat999

39 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

Yeah - but at least Nezha is based on something tough, not a irritating dependent creature with just enough magic to get itself in trouble all the time. There is nothing tough about a fairy - Nezha might look effeminate, but that's just a cultural thing. I've seen plenty of martial arts movies with effeminate looking males (by Western Standards) that could kick butt. Fairies... zero. And I mean FAIRIES, not an off-shoot or some TYPE of fairy. This is being called the "Fairy Frame" and it isn't based on any of those other things people keep bringing up (I wish it were... almost anything but a freaking barbie doll-house fairy).

I want to see your face when the fairy frame is finally here and so op you can't resist playing her.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

I want to see your face when the fairy frame is finally here and so op you can't resist playing him.

Oh, I'm not saying the frame wont be great to play, or a good frame. I'm just talking about conceptualizing it around a Fairy, that's all.

So we know she'll have the power to shrink , but I just wanted to ask/speculate with you all; do you think this will affect enemy accuracy ? Better yet what benefits does this provide anyway ?

mind you , I'm really excited for her && the concept of the abilities seem really cool . But I have to question it 

Her being able to shrink, I'm assuming, will make her invulnerable and yet unable to do damage a la Limbo's Banish.

Her butterfly swarm will be her first skill, dealing single target damage, while her second, third, or fourth skill wil be AoE damage.

Not sure what her fourth skill will be.  Some kind of squad buff like war cry or roar would be nice though.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Her being able to shrink, I'm assuming, will make her invulnerable and yet unable to do damage a la Limbo's Banish.

Her butterfly swarm will be her first skill for a single target damage skill and will also be a either her second, third, or fourth skill for AoE damage.

Not sure what her fourth skill will be.  Some kind of squad buff like war cry or roar would be nice though.

Nah I disagree with her not being able to do dmg while shrunk , I'm pretty sure they said she can attack at pax east && maybe some fly ability 

3 minutes ago, PrototypeXD said:

probably when shrunk it drains energy or has a timer and in that time you just float around in an archwing like state making enemies harder to hit and maybe you go faster???
I'm just spit-balling here

I would think it will be like Ivara's ult. Toggleable, but every time you attack it consumes energy.

That or it consumes energy as your are flying, based on your height.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Crimson_Judgment said:

Eh Fair enough i guess i Just want to see Zephyr Get some TLC. Moving on

Contemplating the Implications of (Pseudo?) Archwing mode such as will you have Your Archwing Weapons or Will she Have her own built in Weaponry

and Exactly how much it will tank enemy accuracy assuming they can hit her at all

because eventually enemy accuracy will scale to the point where it doesn't matter

Also wondering if the Archwing mode would Change here powers functionality or (More likely) have all her powers be castable and Functional from an Archwing prospective

i guess she will ether have the normal weapons she already had (most likely) or some build in weapons (maybe the razer butterflies &#! throwing knifes.

i guess they will get a pretty large aim penalty and you will be smaller so harder to hit. i don't thing you will take (a lot) more damage, but maybe increased stagger.

i do hope that all powers are cast able in the air and when flying/arcwinging. it would just have very little sense if they didn't.

I hope that the arcwing is a swith like equinoxs switching forms, but it will probably be toggle. 

edit: oeps

Edited by vinx909