Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fairy Frame Discussion [Megathread]

hs0003

40 minutes ago, Ylantron said:

nobody noticed that her butterflies look like a tiny scimitar?
Look at this

bUapexD.png

Edit: Sorry, forgot to put Butterfly in "Fairy Warframe's Razor Butterfly"

true, but i think that is more of a coincidence, both are for a large part sharp wing, so it will be hard not to make them look alike.

6 minutes ago, Wevi said:

Trashed

Well DE has been on a good streak with chroma equinox and ivara. Sorry but expect another Oberon

There's not a single thing they've said that makes the upcoming frame similar to Oberon aside of the fact that Oberon's name comes from Midsummer night's dream fairy king.

Neither the abilities nor their effects.

3 minutes ago, PrototypeXD said:

I've never seen this mod. when was this a thing?

Since U18, when Moon nodes appeared.

As for the shrinking aspect that was mentioned, I'd assume it would rather be similar to Wukong's Cloud Walker.

1 hour ago, magusat999 said:

FROM THE WIKI:

Have you EVER been to the WIki??? BTW. And dont call people derogatory names. Thiis a discussion, not a school yard name calling session.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Oberon

" Oberon is a paladin among Warframes. Zealous offensive powers and sacred protective skills make him a balanced warrior with both assault and supportive capabilities. Oberon came to light inUpdate 11.5."

Did you miss the word PALADIN? Read it again. Oberon is a PALADIN, not a fairy, king of fairies or wearer of pink under-tighties. I already knew this because I observed the whole design process - you probably didn't even know Warframe existed at the time.

I think you owe me an apology, because clearly I am not the "dolt" if I am correct.

have you ever opened a book my good sir/maddam or tried looking up the reason things are named the way they are.

here is a wiki from where our lovely paladin frame comes from.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberon

Oberon (also spelled Auberon) is a king of the fairies in medieval and Renaissance literature. He is best known as a character in William Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream, in which he is Consort to Titania, Queen of the Fairies.[1]

Did you miss the words King of the Fairies? read it again. Oberon is the king of the faries.

i think you owe (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan an apology for not conducting research 

also, if you ever look up lore about fairies, you'll find they're generally viscous, nasty little buggers that enjoy killing just for fun. Tinkerbell, much like all the other nursery rhymes, were remade to be more appealing to the masses but all the lore behind them is a much, much darker story

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

My thoughts on the fairy frame are pretty simple. I love it. I really REALLY hope it doesn't pull a soprana banshee and end up looking nothing like that beautiful concept art. I really hope people that keep bashing it for being a "fairy" and too "light" for warframe do some research and realize that fairies are generally rather brutal things outside of children's movies- and I hope that DE really gives her that brutal vibe with her abilities.

All the people arguing over Oberon being the Fairy frame... You realise there is more than one mythology concerting Fae, right?

Irish Fairies are non-winged, taller than human, elf-like creatures...

Most Medieval Fairies are depicted as the kinder, gentler Pixie-folk.

Edited by Sunseahl

1 hour ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

have you ever opened a book my good sir/maddam or tried looking up the reason things are named the way they are.

here is a wiki from where our lovely paladin frame comes from.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberon

Oberon (also spelled Auberon) is a king of the fairies in medieval and Renaissance literature. He is best known as a character in William Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream, in which he is Consort to Titania, Queen of the Fairies.[1]

Did you miss the words King of the Fairies? read it again. Oberon is the king of the faries.

i think you owe (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan an apology for not conducting research 

also, if you ever look up lore about fairies, you'll find they're generally viscous, nasty little buggers that enjoy killing just for fun. Tinkerbell, much like all the other nursery rhymes, were remade to be more appealing to the masses but all the lore behind them is a much, much darker story

This response is just inane. Nobody is talking about what is outside of Warframe. Oberon IN WARFRAME is a paladin. You are really reaching talking about all that outside reference nonsense - especially presenting it with all that "vigor" as if you think you are presenting something relevant - which you are not. IN WARFRAME - Oberon is NOT a Fairy - and I already provided the SOURCE of that. He is a Paladin. That wikipedia reference has nothing to do with Oberon, the Warframe character. Im sure there are people today that are named "Hitler", but they aren't a Nazi dictator with a funny mustache. Further, nobody identifies him - OUR OBERON - as a "fairy" in the first place, no matter where you are getting your reference from. That has nothing to do with Warframe and the Oberon character. You need to work on your research skills - all sources aren't right sources.

And the words "King of the Faries" is not in the WARFRAME Wiki, or any official description of Oberon. - so you go back and read PALADIN again. This aint no Shakespeare play, this is WARFRAME.

lastly, whether or not Oberon - the Warframe character, not the liturgical reference, is a fairy king or not - FAIRY as a character concept and reference as still off in Warframe conventions - feels soft and sparkly, not powerful and fearsome.

1 minute ago, magusat999 said:

This response is just inane. Nobody is talking about what is outside of Warframe. Oberon IN WARFRAME is a paladin. You are really reaching talking about all that outside reference nonsense - especially presenting it with all that "vigor" as if you think you are presenting something relevant - which you are not. IN WARFRAME - Oberon is NOT a Fairy - and I already provided the SOURCE of that. He is a Paladin. That wikipedia reference has nothing to do with Oberon, the Warframe character. Im sure there are people today that are named "Hitler", but they aren't a Nazi dictator with a funny mustache. Further, nobody identifies him - OUR OBERON - as a "fairy" in the first place, no matter where you are getting your reference from. That has nothing to do with Warframe and the Oberon character. You need to work on your research skills - all sources aren't right sources.

And the words "King of the Faries" is not in the WARFRAME Wiki, or any official description of Oberon. - so you go back and read PALADIN again. This aint no Shakespeare play, this is WARFRAME.

lastly, whether or not Oberon - the Warframe character, not the liturgical reference, is a fairy king or not - FAIRY as a character concept and reference as still off in Warframe conventions - feels soft and sparkly, not powerful and fearsome.

Much ado about nothing. Really. It's just another one of many warframes... if you don't like the concept there are so many others to play and there will be many, many more. With how many concepts they plan to do, I am sure there will be many ideas that many of us think are silly. Oh well... 

9 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Much ado about nothing. Really. It's just another one of many warframes... if you don't like the concept there are so many others to play and there will be many, many more. With how many concepts they plan to do, I am sure there will be many ideas that many of us think are silly. Oh well... 

Well since my thread was merged with tis one it has taken the spirit of what I was trying to express completely out. THANKS whomever it was that ruined my topic. My initial comment was a comment on the concept of it being a Fairy, and how I felt bothered by that and that only (NOT about Oberon, but the Fairy frame) My TOPIC POST, was written to let people know that I am not trying to criticize the usefulness of the frame, because I don't know that yet. I never said I hate the frame, or it wouldn't be a good frame, just that the "Fairy" concept is a bit soft for  a game that isn't My Little Pony Playhouse with Pink Sparkles.. and stuff. Yeah, so people in MY ORIGINAL THREAD, were just getting to understand that, and my thread gets dumped into this area, where people haven't had the benefit of the progression of my thread - and now it's been assumed I am disliking everything about it, which is far from the fact.

Edited by magusat999

2 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

Well since my thread was merged with tis one it has taken the spirit of what I was trying to express completely out. THANKS whomever it was that ruined my topic. My initial comment was a comment on the concept of it being a Fairy, and how I felt bothered by that and that only (NOT about Oberon, but the Fairy frame) My TOPIC POST, was written to let people know that I am not trying to criticize the usefulness of the frame, because I don't know that yet. I never said I hate the frame, or it wouldn't be a good frame, just that the "Fairy" concept is a bit soft for  a game that isn't My Little Pony Playhouse with Pink Sparkles.. and stuff. Yeah, so people in NY THREAD, were just getting to understand that, and my thread gets dumped into this area, where people haven't had the benefit of the progression of my thread - and now it's been assumed I am disliking everything about it, which is far from the fact.

I'm not sure what is "pink sparkles and pony playhouse" about a frame that has razor butterflies that cut your flesh, and is based on a mythological creature that was only very recently re-purposed into something nice -- as many people told you in your thread, "real" fairies from mythology were basically demonic creatures that trolled humans in malicious ways for their own amusement. 

I also saw the concept art and it didn't look overly "girly" or whatever seems to be at issue here... 

It seems your problem is literally that it is being referred to as a "fairy" frame, and I again refer you back to mythology, where fairies are about as cuddly and sparkly as Vay Hek in his Red onsie. 

19 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm not sure what is "pink sparkles and pony playhouse" about a frame that has razor butterflies that cut your flesh, and is based on a mythological creature that was only very recently re-purposed into something nice -- as many people told you in your thread, "real" fairies from mythology were basically demonic creatures that trolled humans in malicious ways for their own amusement. 

I also saw the concept art and it didn't look overly "girly" or whatever seems to be at issue here... 

It seems your problem is literally that it is being referred to as a "fairy" frame, and I again refer you back to mythology, where fairies are about as cuddly and sparkly as Vay Hek in his Red onsie. 

^this

someone understands real world lore and how they influence the frames we have (ex:Wukong-based on chinese Monkey King lore, Exal-loosely based on King Arthur lore, Vauban-based off of Sébastien Le Prestre de Vauban, a french engineer)

4 hours ago, magusat999 said:

FROM THE WIKI:

Have you EVER been to the WIki??? BTW. And dont call people derogatory names. Thiis a discussion, not a school yard name calling session.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Oberon

" Oberon is a paladin among Warframes. Zealous offensive powers and sacred protective skills make him a balanced warrior with both assault and supportive capabilities. Oberon came to light inUpdate 11.5."

Did you miss the word PALADIN? Read it again. Oberon is a PALADIN, not a fairy, king of fairies or wearer of pink under-tighties. I already knew this because I observed the whole design process - you probably didn't even know Warframe existed at the time.

I think you owe me an apology, because clearly I am not the "dolt" if I am correct.

Have you looked up the very thing Oberon is based off of? Why he has goat legs and why his deluxe skin looks the way it looks? How about you wiki Oberon. And no I don't mean the Warframe. I mean the very thing he's based off of. Also I've been playin his game for years, sonny, Oberon was the first frame I ever built. I do not owe you an apology. Oberon is based off of the King of the Fairies which goes by the same exact name, also known as Auberon. The frames theme is revolved around both a paladin or more specifically holy therefore representing Kingship. The other half is Druid which represents his ties to nature. Because fairy.

3 hours ago, Vapis said:

Betting My whole Trinity Prime shrine that she cost Nitain to build.

Better start collecting then :D

On side note... Imagine if ye got like 3 fairy frame and they all shrink and spam "hey listen" to ye....lol

I remember a post I made answering another and asking why do they insists on turning warframe into my little pony+ care bears I guess this answered  and speaks for itself<< welcome to the beginning of the weird and wacky.

3 hours ago, magusat999 said:

Oberon's In-game appearance still draws heavily from Fairyfolk, evoking the image of a Satyr, specifically Pan, that despite originating in greek myth was later repurposed as fairy, the Fairy version making it's appearance in a Spanish movie titled "Pan's Labyrinth". Oberon's Deluxe skin doubles down on the fairy connection further by making him resemble a Spriggan, so the WARFRAME Oberon is as much a fairy as his namesake, while the generally Holy connotation behind Paladin and primarily white color scheme, as another person mentioned is due to the fact that Kings and Kingship go hand in hand with the long-held european belief that monarchs receive their right to rule through divinity, and the European region is the same region where a majority of Fairyfolk legends originate from in the first place.

If Gold wasn't an exclusive color to Primes, Oberon's default would have a lot more of it due to the connections between Gold and Divinity, Gold and Kings, and Gold and Fairies.

Not gonna touch on Fairy = Soft & Sparkly because that dead horse has beaten enough this thread. You need to disconnect 'Fairy' from 'Pixiefolk', then disconnect "Pixiefolk", who were a bunch of kleptomaniac, snobby, and egotistical jerks, from your current idea of what a Fairy is.

4 hours ago, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

How about you wiki Oberon. And no I don't mean the Warframe.

They could Wiki the Warframe though.  I mean, if they followed their own link and bothered to scroll down to the 'Trivia' section the very first point is about the name being from the king of the fairies.

Personally, I like the idea of a razorblade-butterfly weilding space ninja and it doesn't make a difference to me if that was inspired by fairies.  Gameplay is what will determine how much I use her.

Has anyone mentioned that banshees are another of the many irish fairy types?  We've had a fairy-frame since update 7.  I don't see the problem in having another.

Yes.

Shes going to be a very good frame against low to mid tier enemies, she will be very useful in raids and will be very fun to play. Of course farming her parts will be awful, so I recommend that you start saving up that plat. If you go for a max duration build you will be able to crowd control a whole room and therefore shes going to be ok in raids as well, since she can be the carrier as well.

Oerall 9.8/10 its ok

284001__safe_parody_double-rainboom_ign.

I base this on no information at all.