Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sheev? The new OP weapon? what's up with the hype?

(PSN)CoolD2108

Question

So the sheev was addet to the sortie rotation on consoles and i've litteraly seen people selling AND buying the set for 2-600pl flat. I've had this weapon like a year ago and it was totally underpowered crap. Wasn't it even addet to the market for a long time?

Mind someone explaining why people are willing to pay 600p for this weapon? Did it get a huge buff? Did i miss something?

23 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Wasn't it even addet to the market for a long time?

Nope.

Mind someone explaining why people are willing to pay 600p for this weapon?

Cuz they're crazy.

Did it get a huge buff?

Nope.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Did i miss something?

Don't think so.

partly because it's new to many people, so they want it.
and partly due to it being a pretty good Dagger, due to applying lots of Slash Status. and whatever Elemental Status you have ofcourse.

Wasn't it even addet to the market for a long time?

no.

Sheev is really really REALLY powerful- but not OP. it's been that way since it was released too, just no one gave it the time of day back then because it wasn't part of the... sigh... meta.

PS 600 plat for it is highway robbery. Don't buy into it, it's just people trying to abuse the fact that it's a free market and hook some unlucky newbies.

Edited by Stratego89

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

So the sheev was addet to the sortie rotation on consoles and i've litteraly seen people selling AND buying the set for 2-600pl flat. I've had this weapon like a year ago and it was totally underpowered crap. Wasn't it even addet to the market for a long time?

Mind someone explaining why people are willing to pay 600p for this weapon? Did it get a huge buff? Did i miss something?

1. It's an event weapon, so impatient players will buy its parts even at high cost.

2. Covert Lethality.

Sure Karyst have more damage and its damage type, but Sheev is both a dagger and an event weapon.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Did i miss something?

Yup. And apparently, 99,99% of the players missed it too. Sheev sets enemies on fire when you ground slam. Can't tell if it's a useful thing though (aside from stunning the Bursas back in Operation False Profit).

2 minutes ago, Raniu said:

Yup. And apparently, 99,99% of the players missed it too. Sheev sets enemies on fire when you ground slam. Can't tell if it's a useful thing though (aside from stunning the Bursas back in Operation False Profit).

doesn't the heat dagger do that too?

16 minutes ago, Raniu said:

Heat Dagger, Heat Sword or Dual Heat Swords does that too though.

44 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Daggers in general suck in this game, not counting Ivara and Covert Lethality.

People sell the set for that much because it's an old event weapon and people like ripping others off.

Daggers suck? Then how do you explain the reddit post placing the Karyst at 6th most damaging melee weap in the game?

49 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Because of cheese tactics and Covert Lethality, like I said in my first post.

The Karyst numbers are not from a blind / finisher kill, they are strictly from combo and stance multipliers. While covert lethality was likely applied for the +100 Base Damage, cheese has nothing to do with those numbers. It is actually a very nice weapon, that takes to a few different build. You should try it. The Karyst is a lot of fun and quite good. 

As for the Sheev, no idea why people are using it. The Dark Dagger (For Syndi Bomb + Energy Restore) and Karyst (For above mentioned reasons) are significantly better. 

18 minutes ago, GorgonKain said:

The Karyst numbers are not from a blind / finisher kill, they are strictly from combo and stance multipliers. While covert lethality was likely applied for the +100 Base Damage, cheese has nothing to do with those numbers. It is actually a very nice weapon, that takes to a few different build. You should try it. The Karyst is a lot of fun and quite good. 

As for the Sheev, no idea why people are using it. The Dark Dagger (For Syndi Bomb + Energy Restore) and Karyst (For above mentioned reasons) are significantly better. 

Time to test them ;3

Edit: The Karyst is actually quite good, killed a lvl HG in 66 hits but a ton of other melees I have can kill in nearly a third of hits, but I have to give it to the dagger...

It has a new respect from me.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

I gotta ask sinve you guys have been refering to covert lethality quite a bit...does the 100% add multiplicative to finishers? What would bring them to where hammers are? Or- is there a reason to play daggers over lets say hammers or heavy blade weapons? (Cause i sure fancy my galatine <3)

49 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

I gotta ask sinve you guys have been refering to covert lethality quite a bit...does the 100% add multiplicative to finishers? What would bring them to where hammers are? Or- is there a reason to play daggers over lets say hammers or heavy blade weapons? (Cause i sure fancy my galatine <3)

Covert Lethality is a guaranteed kill on stealth finishers or forced finishers (Radial Blind, Sleep, Dessicate). Aside from finishers, Daggers (Karyst mainly) are very good melee weaps but nowhere near Jet Kitty or Sibear and even farther away from War or Scindo P.

Edited by RexRgisIocus

4 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Covert Lethality, as mentioned, is an instant kill on a Finisher or Stealth Finisher. Regardless of modifier it will always do lethal damage to the target. The one exception is linked Sanguine Eximus for some weird reason. 

As for the other aspect of CL, it is not "100%" anything, it is a flat +100 base damage. The thing is, it is added to the weapons' base damage, meaning elemental and other multiplicative bonus mods scale off of the new total base damage.