Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What region do you guys find toxic players?

izzatuw

Question

19 answers to this question

I've been around most of the regions, and from what I've seen THE most toxic downright tends to be NA East- which after my years of gaming doesn't surprise me. Second up is NA West. Again- doesn't surprise me. The good old US of A at it like usual (and before someone complains about me bashing the US, I'm from there. The stereotype of rude and obnoxious people in our country is at the very least true for gamers). Europe and Oceania servers seemed really chill. I haven't tried any other servers if they exist.

I also do pub games in Asia  and I haven't seen that many toxic players. I've ran across some in trade and occasionally in game, but it's been more positive experience than negative for me. Maybe it's because of language barrier or maybe because I avoid Region Chat.

I feel like I've seen more toxic players in the forum than in game.

North America East was super toxic every time I've gone to check out various regions.

North America West is semi-toxic, but not nearly as bad as North America East.

Europe isn't all that toxic, but there are occasional flareups of toxic chat and players.  Usually this is from players with numbers and/or lots of extragrammatical symbols in their usernames.

Oceania and Asia were actually really nice, though hardly anyone spoke.  Occasionally talked a lot about butts though, which was weird.

Haven't checked out Eastern Europe/Russia yet.

South America was dead silent every time I tried checking it out.

To put it simply, all the Regions are Essentialy the human interaction-equivalent to Schrödinger's Cat. They are all both toxic and non-toxic in equal measure and you will both never meet and always meet  toxic players. For me, the folks who are "poison" usually get ignored into nothingness or get talked down by bored folks. Sall about simply ignoring them as they crop up and digging for the diamond folks buried at the bottom of the piles of whale feces.

33 minutes ago, DeMeritus said:

South America was dead silent every time I tried checking it out.

Interesting, I'm from Brazil, and I play in the SA server. It seems that you can only see the SA server chat if you change the game language to Portuguese or Spanish. I tried english and it didn't work at all. In the other servers english works without any problems but Portuguese dont work in any of them, only SA.

2 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

I've been around most of the regions, and from what I've seen THE most toxic downright tends to be NA East- which after my years of gaming doesn't surprise me. Second up is NA West. Again- doesn't surprise me. The good old US of A at it like usual (and before someone complains about me bashing the US, I'm from there. The stereotype of rude and obnoxious people in our country is at the very least true for gamers). Europe and Oceania servers seemed really chill. I haven't tried any other servers if they exist.

Yeah, I live down here in the East, it's not uh.. I don't like it here

1 minute ago, (XB1)SgtFunBun said:

Yeah, I live down here in the East, it's not uh.. I don't like it here

Yeah I've lived basically all over the US- the east is crime ridden I blame the fact that our capital- the center of our corrupt government is there for the high concentration of crime btw but at the same time IMO had much better schools in general- and the people in general felt more educated, proper, polite, and just overall "good". Over here in the west it feels like there's less crime overall but the people feel... not bad per-se, just a bit lazy I guess funny cause I'm not one to talk about being lazy. That's really what I based my opinion off of. It's nice to know that I got my impressions right.

2 hours ago, ashrah said:

in all this time i play this game i saw maybe 5 toxic players.....most ppl are chill really come to play game have fun....even if is someone toxic i really keep distance from ppl like that..

I was about to say, that it depends strongly on the time of the day, I play and what type of mission. Then I realised, that the difference in toxicity is something like 1 nasty person in 1 month and 1 nasty person in 2-3 months. So... not gonna single out an area for being sooo much more impolite than the rest of the world :)

6 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Welp, time to test this.

I don't really think it's a matter of straight-up state of the actual userbase, but more like "the higher the player count goes, the higher the toxicity amps" and by consequence the time of the week/time of the day. Not to mention the state the game is in (i.e. an update has just been released OR things are stagnating and the following version in development/cert) at any given time, the deployment of new tradable stuff/limited availability gear, Prime Access or weekend mini-events/Tac Alerts/major events.

Generally the morning and daytime hours of the week in the most populated servers can be pretty cool, while the late afternoon evenings can range from still somewhat cool to cringe-inducing. The weekends' mornings and afternoons can have some pretty bad moments, even more so in the evenings.
The first two or three weeks after the last two major updates/PAs have had their bad moments but when the hype bubbles ended up bursting and most players left for other games pretty fast and the situation returned to a mostly tolerable level. Shadow Debt was pretty terrible, tho.

On PS4, as of the last few weeks and from my personal experience:

- NAE has ranged from extremely toxic Region and Trading alike during the run of Shadow Debt (with a real peak during the last SD weekend, which actually made me ignore both channels altogether for the whole time) to beaarable. Trading still has its bad moments with very unruly players and assorted $&*^assery at some times of the day, but it's growing back to its former tolerable self. The higher concentration of unpleasantness might also be caused by the fact that a good 75% of the population from other regions (which are mostly dead) is using NAE as a hub instead of their own regions.

- NAW was way calmer than NAE during the above-mentioned timespan, now it's back to be a more chill state. The occasional special snowflakes are still there, but they're generally pretty benign.

- Europe is lethargic for most of the week, with small twitches during the weekend. Which also means it's a pretty cool place to unplug from the chaos of NAE, just don't expect to Trade or Recruit much.

- South America, Asia and Oceania. Never saw a soul there.

Draco...end of story doesn't matter which server there's always one toxic player there it sems, one reason why I avoid that node.

I know its a server question but this is the place I see it most often.

Edited by Kryshok

Yep, NA East.  But it's also the most populated, and has the greatest opportunity for gain.  NA West is great, unless it's 8pm - 1am, in which case it's potentially even worse than NA East.  South America's deserted (because they're all in NA East - case in point, most of my raids have been with a relatively static group of Brazilians I bumped into one day in NAE recruiting).  Never went into EU or Oceania.  

Spoiler

Only time I've ever been teabagged is on Draco in NAE.  To be expected, and trolling a troll isn't hard, just annoying when you're trying to relax and get something done.

10 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

and the people in general felt more educated, proper, polite, and just overall "good". Over here in the west it feels like there's less crime overall but the people feel... not bad per-se, just a bit lazy I guess

This is just how the country is.  Extremely noticeable around hot rocks that make steam.

Definitely run into less rudeness, less attitude, less childishness on the NA West server than the NA East. I started on the NA West, being from California, but moved to the East and it was a serious culture shock at the level of ignorance I've run into on the NA East server, compared to the light-hearted, fun loving attitudes and atmosphere much of the NA West server has. For that reason I stay on NA West unless it gets really dead - and even then I'll go to EU servers before suffering on NA East.

Also, there is too much foreign (to me) speaking on NA East. I go into missions and I can't communicate with the squad because they all speak French, or Spanish, or something else... Not saying "English is superior", just that it is more comfortable as an English speaker to use the NA West - or even EU servers, where I have almost never had that happen.