Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Prime Gold PBR

hiky40

So, with the PBR update that just came out for Excal Nyx and Ember prime it has completely destroyed my Excal in colors, both in normal colors and how they look and in how the gold looks. (old)

Spoiler

57Ea1ow.png

(new)

Spoiler

UhXrPLF.png

One of the things i loved about Excal prime was the gold he had on him, it was actually shiny and had an awesome texture to it that you couldn't get on any other frame and i cant even get it back, the new gold actually completely ruins Excals head for me and his entire look for me, I'm not gonna lie i want an option to have the old gold back on him and other frames, even if it was client side.

(edit put pictures back to normal size so people can see easier)

Edited by hiky40

1 minute ago, direcyphre said:

It's entirely why I've protested all the gold changes, and even offered better solutions, because PBR turned 'gold' into 'shiny yellow'.

What we had before WAS shiny yellow.  Glow-in-the-dark yellow to be more appropriate.  After PBR, it's gold if you pick the right friggin' color.

MY only gripe with the Excal PBR was that they opted to maintain the for us the ability to color the back area (that normal excal can't color) but sacrificed the upper-chest band (that normal Excal can color) so Excalibur's entire front area will inevitably be a large swathe of a single color with flanking bands.  Some people might like this, I don't mind, but I know others will be like "WTF?"

3 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

What we had before WAS shiny yellow.  Glow-in-the-dark yellow to be more appropriate.  After PBR, it's gold if you pick the right friggin' color.

MY only gripe with the Excal PBR was that they opted to maintain the for us the ability to color the back area (that normal excal can't color) but sacrificed the upper-chest band (that normal Excal can color) so Excalibur's entire front area will inevitably be a large swathe of a single color with flanking bands.  Some people might like this, I don't mind, but I know others will be like "WTF?"

Isn't this what we voted in the DC though?

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Isn't this what we voted in the DC though?

I've been playing Fallout 4 super hardcore for the past 2 months and that will probably continue until May 13.  I might have missed that.  If we made the call, then it's totally cooler by me.

Edited by Littleman88

1 minute ago, Littleman88 said:

I've been playing Fallout 4 super hardcore for the past 2 months and that will probably continue until May 13.  I might have missed that.  If we made the call, then it's totally cooler by me.

Check the Design Council for Flash Poll: Excalibur Prime PBR. Check the first post to see what options we had.

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

Check the Design Council for Flash Poll: Excalibur Prime PBR. Check the first post to see what options we had.

Yeah, just noticed.  BOTH sucked, A just far less so because it still maintains a silhouette, where as B would have been muddy.  They really needed an option C: sacrifice the former #4 tint area as untintable and just have it match the rest of the center back.  It may be presumptuous of me to say so, but I bet C would have earned tons of votes.

1 minute ago, AntoineFlemming said:

This is why I put up an Option C and Option D pick, and tweeted it to Rebecca and Steve. And it was obviously completely ignored.

Naturally.  We don't actually influence anything unless the entire forum rallies behind the idea and a few scary people show up in front of their office.

1 minute ago, Littleman88 said:

Naturally.  We don't actually influence anything unless the entire forum rallies behind the idea and a few scary people show up in front of their office.

Well they could've at least considered them. It's not like there were only two options. Whatever. Overall, this is a pretty disappointing update all around.