The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

syndicate melee

So i see how we have all these syndicate weapons and i know that DE is working on syndicate melees and there one thing that's been on my mind since i saw it, the conclave syndicate leaders weapons. I am currently praying for his melee  XD it looks like one of the nikanas he has is slightly longer than the other one, so im hoping that they are gonna make a katana wakazashi set out of the nikanas, maybe even branch deeper into the japanese cultural weapons like they have before with the claws, nikanas, and stars/kunai, so im hoping for the release of other weapons based off of this culture because to be honest these are my favorite so yes i am a bit biased because i personally love the way these weapons were used, but weapons like the nodachi and the wakazashi would be very nice to see in this game. does anyone know if they hinted at this at all or agree? 

I don't really want to keep my hopes up.
For all we know it could just be a bunch of lazy weapon reskins: Rakta heat dagger, Telos Boltace, etc.
Let's just hope I'm wrong.

I really wanted Arbiters to have a sword or a rapier as it kinda fits them but not a freaking tonfa.
A katar for the Veil or an edgy looking dual dagger.
Maybe a gunblade for Loka or a bigger scythe that says it's for killing and not for gardening.
New alien weapons for Suda.
A macho looking weapon for Steel Meridian that isn't a Jat Kittag.
Some robo-slave driving whips for Perrin or even a Nightwing'ish escrima sticks.

Edited by Oranji

These shouldn't be weapons that you get from Teshin. He already has awesome sibilant, skins and syndana and now you want to give me a badass weapon????   

As as for the syndicate weapons, I agree with what Oranji said. I'd love if veil got those new ninja turtles dual daggers that they showed. I want a rapier for hexis, staff/polearm/gunblade for Loka, glaive for suda, hammer/claws for meridian and something unexpected for Perrin ( since corpus don't have much melees) 

i'd be all over dual wield katana style weapons as long as they're not locked behind conclave's syndicate. For some of us playing pvp is about as enjoyable as having our teeth pulled with no anesthetic.

my predictions:

Vaykor Atterax - this whip is used to flay disobedient Grineer, s it would be ironic and appropriate for Grineer rebels like Steel Meridian to use it. Jat Kittag is already powerful and popular, and I'd rather not see a Vaykor Machete. unless it's significantly better than any other Machete.

Telos Boltace - it's happening, deal with it.

Synoid *insert name* - it'll likely be another new weapon that also has a regular version for us to try out. I'm hoping for a Halo-esque Energy Sword.

Secura Lecta - don't particularly want another Prova, and the Serro is an industrial tool, not something a typical merchant would use.

Red Veil - Rakta Heat Dagger; it's got heat, it's good for stealth and it's a dagger. its everything Red Veil like, and they already use the regular Heat Dagger for "interrogations". plus we need a really good dagger that doesn't require Covert Lethality to be good.

New Loka - Sancti Tonbo. Polearms suit they way they look, and the Tipedo got attention with the Lesion. Tonbo needs some love since it likely won't get Primed any time soon.

as for Japanese weapons, we're getting Sais, but I would also like a Wakizashi/Tanto & Nikana dual wield like what Teshin has. would also like to see some Arabic weapons appear, like Scimitars, Patas and Katars.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

45 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

my predictions:

Vaykor Atterax - this whip is used to flay disobedient Grineer, s it would be ironic and appropriate for Grineer rebels like Steel Meridian to use it. Jat Kittag is already powerful and popular, and I'd rather not see a Vaykor Machete. unless it's significantly better than any other Machete.

Telos anything but Boltace - for the love of all that's holy. Arbiter's logo is a friggen sword for crying out loud!

Synoid *insert name* - it'll likely be another new weapon that also has a regular version for us to try out. I'm hoping for a Halo-esque Energy Sword.

Secura Lecta - don't particularly want another Prova, and the Serro is an industrial tool, not something a typical merchant would use.

Red Veil - Rakta Heat Dagger; it's got heat, it's good for stealth and it's a dagger. its everything Red Veil like, and they already use the regular Heat Dagger for "interrogations". plus we need a really good dagger that doesn't require Covert Lethality to be good.

New Loka - Sancti Tonbo. Polearms suit they way they look, and the Tipedo got attention with the Lesion. Tonbo needs some love since it likely won't get Primed any time soon.

as for Japanese weapons, we're getting Sais, but I would also like a Wakizashi/Tanto & Nikana dual wield like what Teshin has. would also like to see some Arabic weapons appear, like Scimitars, Patas and Katars.

FTFY

Edited by LordOfScrugging

Upgraded existing weapons is fine honestly.

I would definitely like to see a Cephalon Melee weapon.
Judging from previous.... I'd think sort of like the Energy Sword as the guy above says, but 3 'prongs' instead of 2.

On 5/7/2016 at 7:14 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

This would be soooo hypocritical. Aren't they against torture? No matter who is doing the torturing its always gonna be wrong. I don't want cleavers since they have an augment(and a variant). I don't want machete cause no matter what you do they have the worst stances in game. The two that make the most sense, as much as you don't want it are:

Jat Kittag

-Blast hammer for a blast syndicate proc

-A hammer is basically the same thing as a gavel, which is used in court.(and they represent justice)

-Bailiff defectors wield jats and are affiliated with steel

-Justice opens enemies to finishers, and hammers have bonus finisher damage, synergy

-Doesn't have a variant

-Fits brute strength theme

-Hek For Close quarters, Marelok for sniping, and jat for cc

-Could be side graded to be more crit focused/Cc focused. QoL like more reach, bigger slam, etc

Ack and Brunt

-Red Veil are the sword and steel are the shield figuratively

-No alternate variant

-Last sigil has a shield

-Defense, sniping and close quarters

Edited by OzoneSlayer

12 minutes ago, -BE-VoltageKg said:

I've said it time and time again. As soon as MR can be obtained from pvp only, I quit instantly. Conclave sucks and always will. don't add Teshin melee please. 

Seems a little extreme - 1-2 items out of literal hundreds, less than half a percent of items, and you'll quit.

Nevermind it'll be trade-able  anyway.

1 minute ago, DarkOvion said:

Seems a little extreme - 1-2 items out of literal hundreds, less than half a percent of items, and you'll quit.

Nevermind it'll be trade-able  anyway.

did u play when syndicate primaries came out? market was 125p per weapon. and also, Even LESS players play pvp so that price goes up. would u buy 3k mastery rank for 200p or more? I don't think so, but elitists will, making that price not so unrealistic.

1 minute ago, -BE-VoltageKg said:

did u play when syndicate primaries came out? market was 125p per weapon. and also, Even LESS players play pvp so that price goes up. would u buy 3k mastery rank for 200p or more? I don't think so, but elitists will, making that price not so unrealistic.

Yes, if you were mad enough to do it at release.

Now it's 15-25p each.

Or play in a group with different Syndicates. I have all 12 Syndicate weapons, only paid in traded weapons amongst ourselves.

A little patience and it's doable, while it can be a lil slow, if you jump between regions you can generally get matches, and the daily rewards get you a load of standing.

And even then, 1 weapon, 3,000 mastery, added right now, would be 1 lot of mastery, out of 598 sources of Mastery.
This would is 0.2475% of the commonly available mastery (that's excluding 'exclusive' mastery items)
Literally, less than 1/4 of of 1% of mastery available.

Even if it got all 3 weapons (Primary, Secondary, Melee) that'd only be 9,000 Mastery, or 0.7390% of available.

Which wouldn't even be locked off to you, with Conclave, the upcoming Lunaro and Trade (which if you have some patience, would drop to 15-50 Plat inside 2-3 months)

It would be one of the weirdest 'deal breakers' ever, especially being there's already 3-5 items you can't get otherwise.

I think each Syndicate (Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, Perrin Sequence, Red Veil, New Loka, Cephalon Simaris, Conclave)  having 1-2 Primary, Secondary, Melee melee weapons each, maybe even a Sentinel each would be amazing.

49 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

I think each Syndicate (Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, Perrin Sequence, Red Veil, New Loka, Cephalon Simaris, Conclave)  having 1-2 Primary, Secondary, Melee melee weapons each, maybe even a Sentinel each would be amazing.

Another chance to get a Vaykor Tonkor sounds good to me xD

1 hour ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

Give me this, this, this, or this for a "Sancti [scythe name]" and I'll be happy.

Also, throw this in and mention something about "nature's fury" or something and I'll be glad to have a "Sancti Venka" or something as well.

So far, all Syndicate Weapons have been 'retextures' of existing weapons.

Which I'm fine with, and makes a reasonable 'upgrade' option.

Would like another Scythe though.

Possibles though:
Steel Meridian
Vaykor Hek, Vaykor Buzlok, Vaykor Grinlok, Vaykor Ignis, Vaykor Ogris, Vaykor Tonkor
Vaykor Marelock, Vaykor Kulstar, Vaykor Kraken, Vaykor Twin Grakatas, Vaykor Atomos
- , Vaykor Jat Kittag, Vaykor Atterax, Vaykor Twin Basolk, Vaykor Ack and Brunt

Arbiters of Hexis
Telos Boltor, Telos Tiberon, Telos Attica
Telos Akbolto, Telos Aklato, Telos Aklex, Telos Akzani
- , Telos Boltace, Telos Galatine, Telos Ripkas

Cephalon Suda
Synoid Simulor ,
Synoid Gammacor ,
Would honestly require new Cephalon weapons. Though some sort of beam-rifle, smart-missile pistols, a 3-bladed energy sword, and a 'Sword and Shield', with a 'Hard-Light-Shield' and underarm 'hard-light blade' would be pretty nice.

The Perrin Sequence
Secura Penta, Secura Supra, Secura Lanka, Secura Opticor,
Secura Dual Cestra, Secura Sonicor, Secura Spectra, Secura Angstrum
- , Secura Obex, Secura Gram, Secura Serro, Secura Lecta

Red Veil
Rakta Cernos ,
Rakta Ballistica ,
I'm honestly not sure, they don't seem to have a particular set pattern or theme for weapons like the others.
Possibly some of the the Ether Series, and Silent / Silenced weapons?

New Loka
Sancti Tigris, Sancti Kohm, Sancti Rubico
Sancti Castana, Sancti Akjagara, Sancti Nukor
- , Sancti Redeemer, Sancti Dual Skana, Sancti Dual Zoren

Cephalon Simaris
Simulor? ,
Would probably be the non-Synoid versions of any Cephalon weapons if we're honest.

Conclave
- , Conclave Daikyu, Conclave Panthera, Conclave Drakgoon
- , Conclave Akmagnus, Conclave Pyrana
- , Conclave Silva and Aegis, Conclave Ripkas,

3 hours ago, DarkOvion said:

So far, all Syndicate Weapons have been 'retextures' of existing weapons.

Which I'm fine with, and makes a reasonable 'upgrade' option.

Would like another Scythe though.

Possibles though:
Steel Meridian
Vaykor Hek, Vaykor Buzlok, Vaykor Grinlok, Vaykor Ignis, Vaykor Ogris, Vaykor Tonkor
Vaykor Marelock, Vaykor Kulstar, Vaykor Kraken, Vaykor Twin Grakatas, Vaykor Atomos
- , Vaykor Jat Kittag, Vaykor Atterax, Vaykor Twin Basolk, Vaykor Ack and Brunt

Arbiters of Hexis
Telos Boltor, Telos Tiberon, Telos Attica
Telos Akbolto, Telos Aklato, Telos Aklex, Telos Akzani
- , Telos Boltace, Telos Galatine, Telos Ripkas

Cephalon Suda
Synoid Simulor ,
Synoid Gammacor ,
Would honestly require new Cephalon weapons. Though some sort of beam-rifle, smart-missile pistols, a 3-bladed energy sword, and a 'Sword and Shield', with a 'Hard-Light-Shield' and underarm 'hard-light blade' would be pretty nice.

The Perrin Sequence
Secura Penta, Secura Supra, Secura Lanka, Secura Opticor,
Secura Dual Cestra, Secura Sonicor, Secura Spectra, Secura Angstrum
- , Secura Obex, Secura Gram, Secura Serro, Secura Lecta

Red Veil
Rakta Cernos ,
Rakta Ballistica ,
I'm honestly not sure, they don't seem to have a particular set pattern or theme for weapons like the others.
Possibly some of the the Ether Series, and Silent / Silenced weapons?

New Loka
Sancti Tigris, Sancti Kohm, Sancti Rubico
Sancti Castana, Sancti Akjagara, Sancti Nukor
- , Sancti Redeemer, Sancti Dual Skana, Sancti Dual Zoren

Cephalon Simaris
Simulor? ,
Would probably be the non-Synoid versions of any Cephalon weapons if we're honest.

Conclave
- , Conclave Daikyu, Conclave Panthera, Conclave Drakgoon
- , Conclave Akmagnus, Conclave Pyrana
- , Conclave Silva and Aegis, Conclave Ripkas,

Rakta Hikou/Kunai I guess

On May 7, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Oranji said:
I don't really want to keep my hopes up.
For all we know it could just be a bunch of lazy weapon reskins: Rakta heat dagger, Telos Boltace, etc.
Let's just hope I'm wrong.

I really wanted Arbiters to have a sword or a rapier as it kinda fits them but not a freaking tonfa.
A katar for the Veil or an edgy looking dual dagger.
Maybe a gunblade for Loka or a bigger scythe that says it's for killing and not for gardening.
New alien weapons for Suda.
A macho looking weapon for Steel Meridian that isn't a Jat Kittag.
Some robo-slave driving whips for Perrin or even a Nightwing'ish escrima sticks.

Telos Destreza

6 hours ago, Rounpositron said:

Sancti Redeemer

Secura Hexa (Plasma-thrust polearm)

Rakta Heat Daggers

Synoid Helixor (Glaive but more techy) (Normal version available from Simaris)

Vaykor Rastak (Gaunlet with hidden dagger)

Telos Boltace (Face it, it will happen)

Synoid Helicor is easier to say and sounds slightly better