The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor Crewman - will they give Corpus an edge?

arch111

The Opticor is actually my Main weapon of choice.. whenever I want to start up a high lvl mission, or a mission I just want to blaze through, I grab my Opticor..
It's modded for insane damage, and I've all but nullified (getit) its slow charge rate..

as much as I would love an Opticor Prime (even if that means forma'ing it all over again)
I am 99.99% sure it will never be Primed as it's not a Tenno Weapon..

and finally, if DE does actually give some crewmen an Opticor.. it would (as many have said before me) have to have unmodded charge rate...

make it slow af.

even a slow Opticor can 1-shot anything in high-end missions, so speeding it up is a no-go

I like the idea of weapon variety but I don't think they need to be categorised as new enemies.  If we look at the Combas/Scrambas  they have two movement types that determine which of those names apply, 4 helmet types that determine their powers and the prefix to their name and then I think 4 weapons that are just there and don't class them as something different in the Codex.  A similar thing could be done with Sniper Crewmen to give them a chance of having any slow firing heavy hitting Corpus rifle.  Similarly Detron Crewmen could be rebranded as Light/Scout/Recon/[whatever] Crewmen and have access to other secondaries that give high burst damage at short range such as the Cestra and regular Crewmen could have a chance at spawning with a Tetra instead of Dera.  Oh, and Prod Crewmen with a chance at having Serro?

Edited by Katinka

I think it would be fairly interesting, though I don't think the Corpus need yet another edge, they've already got Nullifiers, Combas and Bursas. all the Grineer have are Bombards and Napalms, and they aren't that tough. the Infested have only got Juggernauts that are a real challenge. if anything, other factions need a buff.

but in saying that, I think Opticor Crewman should be like Techs, larger and with more health than regular Crewman. they would have a 1 second wind-up time before firing their Opticor, and it would do about the same damage as a Ballista, so it wouldn't one shot instantly unless you were in a Sortie or whatever.

2 hours ago, Hesyol said:

They should give glaxion to some normal enemies, not just capture targets too.

dear god no, those capture targets are such a pain. I'd only agree if the Glaxions were toned down a bit for them, they are WAY more powerful than the Glaxions we have.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

dear god no, those capture targets are such a pain. I'd only agree if the Glaxions were toned down a bit for them, they are WAY more powerful than the Glaxions we have.

Yeah it should be less powerful, but slow down\freeze players

Seeing units with the Opticor and Amprex, shouldn't be a problem seeing that the Angstrum is available to the Comba/Scrambus already! Regardless of what they're armed with, I wouldn't want to be labeling Corpus units after their weapons.

I think prefixes of Prod and Detron should be replaced, the uniform color coding can stay, and why are huge guys named Techs?

Sticking with Naval Terms, since we have Crewmen already, and that is often the lowest Enlisted Rank, what about adding Midshipmen, Marines and prefix labeling by Role?

Could have prefixes ranging from Maintenance, Engineering, Security and so on, with each section having its sets of weapons. The Amprex and Glaxion, could be like the Serro or Quanta where they were originally used in maintenance duties charging batteries, maybe even welding, repairing huge ship oxygenators or cryogenically hardening materials. The Convectrix could also be another mining tool originally, that was weaponized.

The main control would be how certain weapons scale within the different roles where Maintenance and Engineering would have the lowest and slowest scaling since they have the likes of the Glaxion, Quanta and Convectrix available. Security having say Detrons, Deras, Flux Rifle and so on, could be tougher and scale better with their damage and toughness.

So Crewmen would have the weakest Corpus weapons available. Midshipmen could replace Elite Crewmen in title only, having better stats and maybe weapons too. The Corpus Eximus, Techs and current Rangers, could be relabeled Marines and given Prefixes such as Support (Supra wielders for example), Sniper and so on.

Edited by SPARTAN-187.Thanatos

1 hour ago, Genitive said:

Corpus needs more interesting units, not just more weapons to crewmen.

Agreed. However, the crewmen will allways be there. Otherwise this will be the tradefederation from Star Wars with proxies only.

And that would be so boring.

If they add a crewmen with an Opticor then the crewmen should have the model size of a Tech. The Crewmen would have to charge up the Opticor and there would be a telegraphic sound to it. Also they should add a telegraphic laser pointer to it to warn players that your being targeted.

14 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

Well there was an Opticor Crewman in the Vauban Prime trailer. Maybe DE is already making it happen.

Thats what sparked this whole thing,  and the fact that Techs have been seen with it, but never actually uses it.

I would say make it so the Opticor was used by the Corpus, but in Archwing. A highly accurate rifle that could deal some serious damage but was easily telegraphed would help in defining some of the units in Archwing. In regular play, however, it'd just be annoying and overly strong, as we've seen with the Malice Acolyte. The Corpus are already the game's middle finger to our Warframe's powers, so I'd say giving them even more units capable of melting us instantly would not be a good idea outside of a mode where you can easily dodge such projectiles, or in the very least, tank them to some degree.