Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding a few points in the discussions about ember

-Kryptyk-

After thinking her over, I don't think she needs a nerf.

I don't want to see her be Mag 2.0

Sure, her abilities can scale pretty well when used in conjunction, but just like all damage abilities, they will stop being effective. She does have nice CC though (Better with the augments), so that's good for her as a frame.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Just now, Drasiel said:

ah  man when you said discussion I expected actual text. >.> Guess I'll come back when I can turn my sound on.

well when there's enough to elaborate on, it's easier to kick back and listen instead of deciphering a wall of text lol and doing discussion videos is right up my alley anyway :D  

can't wait to hear feedback :D

Ember requires a lot of energy to do what she does, and without teammates to provide that energy as well as shred enemy defenses, she isn't all that amazing. 

And if it takes a team comp built around one frame to make them broken, then they aren't really broken 

4 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

Ember requires a lot of energy to do what she does, and without teammates to provide that energy as well as shred enemy defenses, she isn't all that amazing. 

And if it takes a team comp built around one frame to make them broken, then they aren't really broken 

honestly the energy drain isn't that bad.  Between usage of both 2 and 4 running, I was able to make her 4 last 32 minutes straight.  It's all about balancing energy usage with dps/cc, and considering she doesn't need a stupidly high damage stat, you could give up some of that for more efficiency.  

And it doesn't necessarily take a comp team to make anything "broken", just a bit of work in forma and learning how to mod whatever it is you're using correctly.  A comp team just means complimenting what everyone is using to maximize potential, and in a game like warframe, that is always critical.  What I mentioned was just an alternate way to play with her in a squad that's contrary to what most people are used to.  I do see where you're coming from, though - if creating a comp team maximizes potential, then claiming something as broken isn't entirely accurate.  

2 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

:facepalm:

nice constructive criticism.  I shall contemplate your thorough explanation of your viewpoints very carefully.  

11 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

nice constructive criticism.  I shall contemplate your thorough explanation of your viewpoints very carefully.

What else can you expect after naming video "Should Ember be nerfed"? Even if you are against this nerf (which isn't clear from this topic or video title at all) this discussion is completely pointless. Any sane people understands that Ember is far from being OP, there is nothing to nerf at all. People who don't see this won't listen to any arguments anyway.

7 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

What else can you expect after naming video "Should Ember be nerfed"? Even if you are against this nerf (which isn't clear from this topic or video title at all) this discussion is completely pointless. Any sane people understands that Ember is far from being OP, there is nothing to nerf at all. People who don't see this won't listen to any arguments anyway.

And the people who actually want her nerfed are probably salty about "kill stealing" and such, which is stupid. 

1 hour ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

And the people who actually want her nerfed are probably salty about "kill stealing" and such, which is stupid. 

which is what I was addressing, if you didn't pick up on that.  Kinda getting tired about seeing posts that are basically "nerf this because OP, buff that because not enough OP even though I didn't mod it, etc".  It's literally half the forums.  But hey, any chance to do a video about bae <3

1 hour ago, ograzzt said:

wait who said I was sane? :D  but yeah truth ^^

59 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

If it ain't broken don't nerf it.

that's what I've been saying over the past 2 years about various things that got nerfed... 

1 minute ago, Firefly0037 said:

which is what I was addressing, if you didn't pick up on that.  Kinda getting tired about seeing posts that are basically "nerf this because OP, buff that because not enough OP even though I didn't mod it, etc".  It's literally half the forums.  But hey, any chance to do a video about bae <3

Yeah, the really don't like the aspect of "divided communities", I hope at some point we'll all get on the same page some day.

My problem with Ember is not that she's OP (she's really not) but that she's boring. I might take her to 1hr T4 solo surv (meleeing with Naramon) to see if Firequake is even complimentary CC to melee play, and as far as DPS frames go, she's better than Ash, in that you can actually play her while her ulty is killing things and she doesn't make targets invulnerable, preventing them from being killed; but for lower level missions, I just don't see the fun of playing a frame whose abilities are autotargeting and killing things while she can pretty much sit there and do nothing. This is akin to old Mesa, except you don't even need to hold the button. A fast stun from accelerant is nice though.

2 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

my ember drains 0.86/s

The world on fire never stops having a 637 full energy, and the Zenurik lens.

I run 40 waves on defense without the need to drop any energy

11 minutes ago, Helleborr said:

My problem with Ember is not that she's OP (she's really not) but that she's boring. I might take her to 1hr T4 solo surv (meleeing with Naramon) to see if Firequake is even complimentary CC to melee play, and as far as DPS frames go, she's better than Ash, in that you can actually play her while her ulty is killing things and she doesn't make targets invulnerable, preventing them from being killed; but for lower level missions, I just don't see the fun of playing a frame whose abilities are autotargeting and killing things while she can pretty much sit there and do nothing. This is akin to old Mesa, except you don't even need to hold the button. A fast stun from accelerant is nice though.

well, it sounds like you might be viewing her kit incorrectly to be honest.  Instead of a "running around doing nothing" frame, her kit actually let's you focus on the squad more and what they're doing, provides aoe cover if part of the squad is in a sticky situation, and so forth.  It's supposed to be used to compliment gameplay and team efforts instead of being overbearing.  That means that a "boring kit" helps you focus on the traditional assault style that she encourages, which... would be a good thing?  And that style of gameplay doesn't suit everyone, so that's fine if you don't get enjoyment out of her - but that also means that she shouldn't be changed to suit the wants of people who don't enjoy her.  You won't find fun in literally every character, as every character is supposed to have a certain play style or two.

You can also focus on targets that are further out to cover more distance while her abilities take care of up close targets until the damage starts falling off, and she becomes cc.  You really can't sit around with her, even with her 4 active, considering how squishy she is and the fact that her 4 only targets so many enemies at once.  All about perspective :)

Edited by Firefly0037

I basically run 2 different builds

-First is complete CC which is, Firequake  max range max efficiency, complete cc great for any faction any situation

http://imgur.com/oybmsOl

-Second is damage build Requires a team running Corrosive Projection and basically plays as described in video again applies great cc within a moderately good range

Op made me laugh with he's witty insight into the mind of nerfers

16 minutes ago, (XB1)freakytiki3 said:

I basically run 2 different builds

-First is complete CC which is, Firequake  max range max efficiency, complete cc great for any faction any situation

http://imgur.com/oybmsOl

-Second is damage build Requires a team running Corrosive Projection and basically plays as described in video again applies great cc within a moderately good range

Op made me laugh with he's witty insight into the mind of nerfers

you know... I'm actually curious to try that cc build now.  any build different from the norm is worth trying :D 

hahaha glad I could make ya laugh <3

I'm pretty sure i haven't taken any drugs today. But...what am i reading/watching? A video refering to the question whether ember should get nerfed or not while showing that she is not op?

Firefly man, when do you see people complaining about ember being op? lmao. But i see where you're coming from. It's always like this whenever something gets buffed or QoL tweaked. So, prepare for "mag/volt is op" when the reworks are here. Shortly after embers WoF buff you could have seen multiple threads salting about ember being too stronk. But that time is long over.

4 hours ago, Firefly0037 said:

any build different from the norm is worth trying :D

I once heard range chroma is fun and good. I was (very, very) sceptical. But i gave it a try. What did i find out?

Spoiler

Nope, was NOT worth my time.

Ember is op vs Low level units or Low armor targets. Full Stop.

There is no debate she is designed to be strong against a certain level range and type of enemy. 

As regards to the video, and I quote it

"If you wanna stress something, take it to somewhere high level"
Why not go to Grineer Sorties? It will show how hard it is for Ember to perform her Massacre Strut.

29 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I once heard range chroma is fun and good. I was (very, very) sceptical. But i gave it a try. What did i find out?

Hide contents

Nope, was NOT worth my time.

Chroma's been ignored by DE for far too long now. Very frustrating when they do this as it's not the first time when they've released stuff and ignored decent/buggy feedback.

Just now, Naith said:

Chroma's been ignored by DE for far too long now. Very frustrating when they do this as it's not the first time when they've released stuff and ignored decent/buggy feedback.

Oh, you know, they've said every frame will get a rework some day.

"some day"

....still waiting for the mag rework that was already showcased in a stream 2 months ago...

Then again, they considered taking actions right after atlas got released since he was useless as :poop: back then.

Well, first off, they did nerf her. They nerfed the hell out of her. They made her prime gold colorable......that completely ruined fashion frame for me ;( 

back to your topic. I never recognized any dmg frame as OP (except ash, and equinox is balanced) they scale off at some point, and then become useless if they don't have cc 

i always had fun with ember, her looks just imprisoned me. And her abilities are fun I guess. I never gave up on her even before the buff. She isn't op though, I'd welcome a change or a rework (for her 1st mostly) but not a nerf