Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

looking for good anime.

BloodKitten

im having issues getting into new anime series, the only 2 i really liked were valkyria chronicles (since i played the game befor it), and while it pains me to admit, To Love-Ru, due to the intrensting plot of darkness episodes.

i was hoping anyone know good animes with intrensting characters that you can get attached to, i wouldent mind if there is ecchi in it so long they try and focus on good story telling.

will prefer completed anime that dosent leave on open end.

There is a ton of garbage out there too, stuff that even some seasoned veterans would recommend to you for some odd reason.
(the first anime they saw maybe?)
some good examples are under the helm of Shinichirō Watanabe

Cowboy Bebop
Macross Plus (OVA and Movie edition)
Samurai Champloo

This is going by actual character development and not some softcore and/or ermaherd souh kewl fights! animu

I'd have some more to recommend, but I'd recon just those 3 would have you busy in case you were interested in them.

Edited by Ahcruna

Random ones I enjoyed that come to mind:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Attack On Titan
Mushishi
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Read Or Die (at least the OVA)
Hellsing
anything Ghibli

Also, the Abridged versions of Dragon Ball Z / Yu-Gi-Oh / Hellsing / Attack on Titan (RIP) / Sword Art Online
were all highly entertaining if not quotable at length :D

Also also, if "from Japan" isn't a requirement, RWBY (also Dead Fantasy) and the Avatar series have some pretty great stuff.

1 hour ago, Ahcruna said:

There is a ton of garbage out there too, stuff that even some seasoned veterans would recommend to you for some odd reason.
(the first anime they saw maybe?)
some good examples are under the helm of Shinichirō Watanabe

Cowboy Bebop
Macross Plus (OVA and Movie edition)
Samurai Champloo

This is going by actual character development and not some softcore and/or ermaherd souh kewl fights! animu

I'd have some more to recommend, but I'd recon just those 3 would have you busy in case you were interested in them.

looking at macross, on kissanime site, there are alot of them, not sure wich one to start with (i think macross with 30+ episodes should be the first?)

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Random ones I enjoyed that come to mind:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Attack On Titan
Mushishi
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Read Or Die (at least the OVA)
Hellsing
anything Ghibli

Also, the Abridged versions of Dragon Ball Z / Yu-Gi-Oh / Hellsing / Attack on Titan (RIP) / Sword Art Online
were all highly entertaining if not quotable at length :D

Also also, if "from Japan" isn't a requirement, RWBY (also Dead Fantasy) and the Avatar series have some pretty great stuff.

Trigun is the best!

If you're liking the dark er series, check out Soul Eater.

44 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

looking at macross, on kissanime site, there are alot of them, not sure wich one to start with (i think macross with 30+ episodes should be the first?)

Super Dimensional Fortress: Macross is an oddball to recommend, on one hand it's really good to have the full backstory of the series (which is damn good) before going in to something like Macross Plus (which is the series crown jewel), but on the other hand some people might not appreciate the animation all that much since it's a series from 1982.

There is a movie called Macross: Do you remember love? which condenses most of the original series, but has some missing things such as the first episodes before going in to space. this is my personal favorite of the whole Macross series (thank you Sweden for not botching the dub!).

going by the story in chronological order the series goes as follows.

Macross Zero
Super Dimensional Fortress: Macross (SDF-1)
Macross: Do you remember love?
Macross Plus
Macross 7 (+OVAs and a Movie)
Macross Frontier (+2 movies)
Macross Delta (started airing not to long ago)

I intentionally left out Macross II since it isn't really part of the main series and has been put in to AU (alternate universe) status.

In the end, all I can say is that the series starts drastically changing at around Macross 7 up until Macross Delta, which isn't really to a lot of people liking unfortunately.

Edited by Ahcruna

I'd strongly recommend Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood if you haven't seen it.

It definitely fits all the requirements you listed, and on top of that it has one of the best dubs ever made incase you're not a fan of subtitles.

Seriously, go watch it right now. You'll be glad you did.

Since you liked To LOVE-Ru, I might as well put High School DxD here...

Got 3 seasons (although it´s not finished "sad face").

Got both plot and "plot". Not sure if you like the other one...

Could say it´s one of the better ones in "ecchi" genre but it´s just my opinion.

Spoiler

Please don´t look at me like that. It´s not like all I watch is "ecchi" anime. I just could not come up with anything else...

Baka...

tumblr_no3blukhig1r2gyilo1_1280.gif?w=66

54 minutes ago, Arcane_Intelligence said:

Could say it´s one of the better ones in "ecchi" genre but it´s just my opinion.

Hide contents

Please don´t look at me like that. It´s not like all I watch is "ecchi" anime. I just could not come up with anything else...

Baka...

dont do it
Highschool DxD is like ecchi to the point that it feels uncomfortable. 

Surprised no one had mentioned Deathnote yet. Less so for attachment but just for darkness and plot.

If you don't mind romance related stuff I'd also suggest Clannad and Clannad After story. I can see people saying it is slightly slow/steady pace plot-wise but you should keep at it. It can eventually tug at your emotional heart strings. Character development and story is very well done.  Completely caught me by surprise as to how much I actually cared for the characters and had become attached.

Had a similar experience with the ending of Tokyo Sonata (not an anime).

Edited by Naith

10 hours ago, Arcane_Intelligence said:

Reveal hidden contents

Baka...

ecchi is not a priority, checked it, the whole, demon, angels, and fallen angels plot seem intrensting, but the pertagonist and his goal, just kind of a turn off.

also why that orange twin tail girl reminds me chiho from princess evangile? (visual novel)

7 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

ecchi is not a priority, checked it, the whole, demon, angels, and fallen angels plot seem intrensting, but the pertagonist and his goal, just kind of a turn off.

also why that orange twin tail girl reminds me chiho from princess evangile? (visual novel)

Thought so that it wouldn´t be what you´re looking for. I probably should recommend something else...

Elfen Lied? No, I doubt it would work...

OreImo (Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai)? Maybe...

No one suggested One Punch Man yet?

Mirai Nikki? Not sure...

Plastic Memories? I didn´t cry watching it, I swear... *lies*

Charlotte? Might work...

No Game No Life? No, it´s not finished but it´s most colorful anime I have ever watched...

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? Uhmm, no...

Spoiler

Arghh! Why I can´t recommend some really good anime at all? I need to watch more anime!

3MzBGXm.gif

20 hours ago, Hortonman said:

I'd strongly recommend Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood if you haven't seen it.

It definitely fits all the requirements you listed, and on top of that it has one of the best dubs ever made incase you're not a fan of subtitles.

Seriously, go watch it right now. You'll be glad you did.

'one of the best dubs ever made' - except Al's voice is waay to feminine-sounding (I know he's voiced by a girl, but the 'young boy voiced by girl' thing only works if the voice actress is also young enough to sound more young than female).

Aldnoah.Zero is an anime with some serious plot going on.  It escalates REALLY fast and doesn't stop getting more screwy until the very end when it sort of wraps everything up, admittedly a little too abruptly for my liking.  The dub is a little off from the Japanese at times, but none of the meaning is lost so I guess it's good.

Also, Expelled from Paradise.  This 104-minute film features a female lead who undergoes significant character development (in both senses of the word character) during her quest to track down the mysterious hacker Frontier Setter.

Love story:

- Clannad & Clannad after story

- Angel Beats

- Toradora

Comedy:

- Nichijou

- Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (Daily Lives of High School Boys)

Mature comedy:

- Seitokai yakuindomo (the level of sexual puns and fetishes they know is off the charts. You have been warned)

Action:

- full metal alchemist brotherhood.

- mahou shoujo madoka magica (give it time. Don't dismiss it just because its a magical girl show)

- Gintama (some adult theme here and there)

- trigun

- cowboy bepop.

Mystery

- Steins;gate

- shiki

- higurashi

All personal recommendations as ive seen all of them.

If you like To Love-ru, you might also enjoy Love Hina. That's a guilty pleasure to some people.

8 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

'one of the best dubs ever made' - except Al's voice is waay to feminine-sounding (I know he's voiced by a girl, but the 'young boy voiced by girl' thing only works if the voice actress is also young enough to sound more young than female).

Seriously?

I never said it was perfect, and one arguably off-point voice doesn't invalidate the quality of the whole.

thank you guys, checking a few from the listed series here, they are intrensting and fun to watch.

i do have a weird request though, im kind of a fan of childhood friend love stories, anyone know anything good in that line? anything with atleast a decent story and characters.

anyway, ty very much.