Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any way to turn off this stupid "sort by rating" permanently?

Troll_Logic

Question

For some unknown reason, DE has apparently turned on the "sort by rating" setting on this forum.  I can't express how incredibly stupid and annoying this is without risking a ban.

So, is there any way to set it back to "sort by date" permanently?

Thanks.

21 answers to this question

i presume you're referring to the Players Helping Players Section? and that it functions as a Q&A section now?

no, you cannot. you'll simply have to look at each Thread in complete confusion as all of the posts will be out of order because the people in charge of the Forum like being disorganized.
don't look at me like that, that is a textbook example of disorganization.

having a rating system to make posts more or less visible (without changing placement on the page) achieves that goal just fine. can make highly rated answers to questions light up like a christmas tree. all without causing disorganization.

Came here to ask the same question. Very often the "top rated" comment is answer to other comment and doesn't make much sense without context, which you need to scroll down to get.

I just want option to turn it on and off as an default.

16 hours ago, taiiat said:

i presume you're referring to the Players Helping Players Section? and that it functions as a Q&A section now?

no, you cannot. you'll simply have to look at each Thread in complete confusion as all of the posts will be out of order because the people in charge of the Forum like being disorganized.
don't look at me like that, that is a textbook example of disorganization.

having a rating system to make posts more or less visible (without changing placement on the page) achieves that goal just fine. can make highly rated answers to questions light up like a christmas tree. all without causing disorganization.

Quick, everyone bump this post so it'll be the first thing people see when entering the thread!

15 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

Yeah, not a fan of sorting by rating because the conversation gets all jumbled up and it's hard to follow the thread because of that.  Plus, you have to scroll up all the lower rated comments to find the newer replies.

Just click "Sort by Date" before scrolling down.

So we have the option to organize them now... I can't vote on any answers in this topic though. Posting to see if that changes that now.

EDIT: Nope.. apparently I can't vote in players helping players anymore.

Edited by AXCrusnik

i'm pretty sure being able to change the sorting type is new(i've never seen it before):
k1Quw2W.png

and with that existing, you don't need to outright disable the system - setting the default to sort by date for example - would pretty well solve the problem, while allowing one to change to sorting by rating.

Edited by taiiat

Being used to tools that build knowledge bases, like stackoverflow and the likes, i really appreciate … but users need to understand that the "players helping players" section is not a forum, it is a FAQ builder, where every post attempt to answer the original post without cross reference with other answers.

With respect - regardless of whether this is looked upon as a knowledgebase, FAQ or forum, all people are asking for is the ability to set the "sort by date" option as a default. I still find it a pain to have to select this for every thread I open. Just give people the choice to select date or rating by default and they can use the system as they see fit.

On 6/8/2016 at 4:57 AM, dealingtrap said:

Being used to tools that build knowledge bases, like stackoverflow and the likes, i really appreciate … but users need to understand that the "players helping players" section is not a forum, it is a FAQ builder, where every post attempt to answer the original post without cross reference with other answers.

People understand that, however this isn't a technical site for professionals.  In other words, we're not dealing with the most mature people and we're not dealing with non-emotional technical issues.

From what I've seen, people negative vote others they don't like, they vote for funny replies, and egos get in the way.  So most threads are "0" and "-1" replies.

Plus, the default sorting breaks any continuity in the thread.

I know what they are trying to do.  I just don't think it works here.