The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Chroma get a legit passive?

OzoneSlayer

Come on DE. Is there a reason why equinox can change her abilities and have a real passive(equilibrium), and You choose to count Chroma changing elements as a passive? Chroma is my favorite Warframe, so I'm kind of mad that he isn't getting any love. Also his 1 and his 4 are still garbage after all this time. And you made an elemental ward augment that should have been part of the ability in the first place. Why is chroma so neglected?

I hope he gets a proper passive! Here's an idea

Elemental Flight

- Bullet jump damage has a second instance (separate from bullet jump mods) that matches the chosen element.

- Aim-glide lasts longer and his pelt wings are visible when in midair.

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

I hope he gets a proper passive! Here's an idea

Elemental Flight

- Bullet jump damage has a second instance (separate from bullet jump mods) that matches the chosen element.

- Aim-glide lasts longer and his pelt wings are visible when in midair.

I like this. Gives him more mobility which is something he doesn't offer too much of

Considering how changing elements has only 1 genuine effect on his skills (Elemental ward) the rest just change the damage of his skills with no effects

A passive like that is extremely lazy, considering equinox the frame after can change forms at will.

It's kinda baffling that Vauban is getting a quiver treatment yet Chroma, the frame who introduced the concept of same power, different effect, is getting no love and furthermore his primary trait being counted as the 'passive'.

As said before, Equinox can change the effect of her entire powerset and she gets a passive, yet Chroma doesn't.

I've said it before and got so much hate so I'll say it again and hopefully people will either agree or think a little more.

Female frames have better ability's, are more thought out and are genuinely better than their male counterparts. In this case Equinox and Chroma. Now does that mean all male frames are bottom tier? Of course not. However if you look at the top performing frames (besides the tanks) most are female. 

Another comparison is the Mag and Volt rework, Mag's rework is much better. (Though I admit I hope she gets a better passive)

Note: I do like the Volt rework myself, I am still hoping they buff the damage on his 1 and 4 and they give him a better graphic update for his abilities but that is besides the point.

Please don't take this as me being negative/upset or what have you with the female community. This is purely an observation made by me and some other people I have had pleasant discussions with. 

Edit: I please read where I state that most are female not all. (Ash, Loki, Excal) are good male dps frames.  

Edited by Cyphrus

On 5/17/2016 at 11:45 PM, Cyphrus said:

I've said it before and got so much hate so I'll say it again and hopefully people will either agree or think a little more.

Female frames have better ability's, are more thought out and are genuinely better than their male counterparts. In this case Equinox and Chroma. Now does that mean all male frames are bottom tier? Of course not. However if you look at the top performing frames (besides the tanks) most are female. 

Another comparison is the Mag and Volt rework, Mag's rework is much better. (Though I admit I hope she gets a better passive)

Note: I do like the Volt rework myself, I am still hoping they buff the damage on his 1 and 4 and they give him a better graphic update for his abilities but that is besides the point.

Please don't take this as me being negative/upset or what have you with the female community. This is purely an observation made by me and some other people I have had pleasant discussions with. 

Edit: I please read where I state that most are female not all. (Ash, Loki, Excal) are good male dps frames.  

Tf? Frames arent better or worse or have more effort because they are male or female. That's insulting to suggest. 

Yes Equinox was more thought out, because she has like 7 ( abilities, shes more thought out than the Mona Lisa for heaven's sake. 

and Chroma not thought out? His kit is INCREDIBLY thought out, they just neglected a passive. Neglected CHROMA'S passive, not because he was a male, every other male got one (or at least an idea). It's because DE doesn't really pay attention to Chroma as much as other frames in general. 

Asking for a R0 passive like Equinox has isn't a good idea, an example would be like if Chroma had a R0 Ice Spring or Flame Repellent mod passive that changed with his element selected would fit his elemental theme but aren't going to be very useful.

A far more useful passive would be a R5 Loot Detector passive, it fits dragons being associated with greed and is a useful passive.

12 hours ago, owendawgx said:

Tf? Frames arent better or worse or have more effort because they are male or female. That's insulting to suggest. 

Yes Equinox was more thought out, because she has like 7 f@#$*( abilities, shes more thought out than the Mona Lisa for heaven's sake. 

and Chroma not thought out? His kit is INCREDIBLY thought out, they just neglected a passive. Neglected CHROMA'S passive, not because he was a male, every other male got one (or at least an idea). It's because DE doesn't really pay attention to Chroma as much as other frames in general. 

Get over yourself. Please. There are so many logical fallacies in your comment my English teacher would have a heart attack, and hes still in his mid 40s.

No need to be nasty. He has a point. Many have observed it, Most dont say anything, like myself. Because it wont end well.

And Chroma is anything BUT well thought out, He holds two of the most worthless skills in the game and two of the best. He lacks a passive and needs a update to not only his 1 and 4 but also to how energy color is changed. Well thought out....jeez.

4 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

Wish Chroma's energy color only selected his starting element and then you could switch freely between the different ones, mainly because I personally dislike many of the color options to get say Ice or Electric element.

Yeah I agree with this also

Chroma does need to have a better 1st and 4th ability, they're basically useless in my experience.  Chroma lacks a real passive, it's not like selecting the energy color grants some kind of passive resistance or anything.

Part of me would like to see dual-element energy for chroma, but that's another story.  Chroma needs a good passive though.

5 minutes ago, ReshyShira said:

Chroma does need to have a better 1st and 4th ability, they're basically useless in my experience.  Chroma lacks a real passive, it's not like selecting the energy color grants some kind of passive resistance or anything.

Part of me would like to see dual-element energy for chroma, but that's another story.  Chroma needs a good passive though.

Agreed, 1st power I only use on weak enemies for the "Melting faces" joy of it. 4th power only gets limited use on Excavations to keep those excavators clear of infested on the Pluto Dark Zone map.

10 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

Agreed, 1st power I only use on weak enemies for the "Melting faces" joy of it. 4th power only gets limited use on Excavations to keep those excavators clear of infested on the Pluto Dark Zone map.

Or trying to squeeze slightly more credits out of credit farming runs.  That's about it.