Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Needs a new passive

Sunfaiz

For those that don't Know/Remember 

● Ember - Energy Regeneration and damage dealt are increased when Ember suffers a Fire Proc.

I don't Know who thought this was a good Idea but I'm guessing it was the same guy that thought up frost's Passive. I've played warframe for a while now and alot of that time has been in Ember/Prime. So much so That i know what i'm talking about.

Ember is a Squishy frame, She isn't chroma of valkyr that getting hit would be shrugged off. She can't have a passive that allows her to get hurt. DE I implore you to get her another passive, she by no means OP and could use something that fits her theme and be useful.

My suggestion: After Using an Ability she gains 5%-7% energy efficiency for the next ability. Effect last 5-6 secs. This would not stay the way energy conversion does with WoF and would ware off after those 5 secs. The timer is there so that she doesn't permanently get a boost in efficiency after using one ability .This helps her as a fire spreader. You don't have to main or hell even play ember to know she has energy problems.

Even if you don't like my suggestion PLEASE GIVE HER SOMETHING ELSE 

Ember absorb the heat around her and convert it into increased power strength and efficiency.

+1% for each heatsource in a 20m radius (burning enemy, hazards burning ground)

+5% while inside the Flame blast ring(outside +1%)

Edited by Arcira

Just now, SquidTheSid said:

Honestly, you just need to flip the condition around (whenever Ember deals a Fire proc to an enemy) and the passive is no longer completely useless.

No, then it's completely ridiculous instead. She recovers energy every time she uses a power? Yeah right.

Anyway, Scott said this in response to accusations that the passives are wildly out of scale with each other:

e94d0ee65e6d647e66ef6efceaa70dff.png

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

No, then it's completely ridiculous instead. She recovers energy every time she uses a power? Yeah right.

Anyway, Scott said this in response to accusations that the passives are wildly out of scale with each other:

Final values can be tweaked so it's not horribly imbalanced, but given how we have 4 energy/s with Zenurik, I don't think a small energy regen effect (like 1/2 energy per second for 8 seconds or so) on inflicting a fire proc would break Ember. 

Just now, SquidTheSid said:

Final values can be tweaked so it's not horribly imbalanced, but given how we have 4 energy/s with Zenurik, I don't think a small energy regen effect (like 1/2 energy per second for 8 seconds or so) on inflicting a fire proc would break Ember. 

I wouldn't advise using Energy Overflow as a reference point for balance.

1 hour ago, Arcira said:

Ember absorb the heat around her and convert it into increased power strength and efficiency.

SHIP IT.

WTB
gimme.

genius.

that's enough adjectives for now.

Just give Ember 10% of the fire dot damage around her to weapon fire damage. This would help new players a lot, while changing nothing for older players with specific weapon builds(because the fire dot will be A fairly weak with status weapons or B lethal anyway with crit based one hit weapons).

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

If DE had a track record of doing that properly it wouldn't be an issue. But more often than not they release something and leave it for a year or two.

What if her fire procs (abilities and weapons) lasted forever? Anyone she procs fire status on just stands there panicking until they die. It's just crowd control, which is evidently a playstyle DE wants to be valid for Ember. I don't think it would be too powerful, but it would certainly be useful. Just that passive and World on Fire would just reduce the number of enemies shooting at you. You still take full damage, just from less sources. I don't think the answer is damage output; How many frames can output end-game damage and don't need weapons? I think a passive like having her fire procs refresh every second would be simple, but useful in all situations without leaving much room for people to call it over-powered. Maaaybe if you just ran around the room proccing until every mob was panicking, but that wouldn't be very practical in endless missions. Really, it's more like Ember's version of Equinox's Peaceful Provocation augment, without needing to charge up.

If nothing else, it would be rewarding to see a room full of party people with their hands in the air, screaming for Ember's hot, hot style. I'd take that over the present proposed passive, personally.

As it stands, you'd be stupid to even allow yourself to be fire proc'd to set off that passive. That either means you are walking into fire pits, or going into high damage cat lady streams or napalm spreads. It's a passive that will receive no use because players are smart enough to not to be hit on a good day.

Edited by R34LM

• 2 weeks later...

Also long as there is no way of constantly applying a fire proc to oneself, this passive will almost never be in use. I hope there will soon be a way of doing that otherwise I don't understand why even putting effort into developing a passives which is so hard to trigger that 99% of all players won't use it.

Edited by Poeps

All fire procs inflicted by Ember are upgraded to napalm procs

burn all the things

On 5/18/2016 at 4:41 AM, Arcira said:

but seriously this is pretty great, subtle effect but its there with synergy and theme

I wrote an indeph review/ rework idea thing you might want to take a look at,

Since Ember is my favourite frame I had too ;D

and at the end of the day I just want her to have a worthwhile passive, and even if mine isnt THE solution, it might inspire some people for own ideas etc.

Edited by ChubbysCurryMcToastKing

I liked the old idea of "Make overheat a passive." The idea being, the more powers you cast, the more Ember heats up. Not casting would cause her to begin to cool down. This would give her some light (40-50%) damage resist, reminiscent of the old Overheat without being able to make it insane with mods.