Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akstiletto Prime vs Aksomati.

Multicom-EN-

After seeing gameplays and watching smacktalk I feel the Akstiletto Prime needs a slight buff in crit chance (15% to 20%) and crit multiplier (2.0 to 2.5).

This alone, will make it slightly better than Aksomati and not just being the same damn thing with Prime slapped onto it. Seeing as we need Akstiletto to build Aksomati, it's only fair to buff the Akstiletto Prime.

It has practically pinpoint accuracy compared to the aksomati, not to mention the glorious status chance and the nearly doubled base damage, the buffed crit stats that it got are really just bonuses.

I love the aksomati, but even with it's massive crit stats, around 33% of it's shots completely miss the target when at max spool.

Edited by rapt0rman

Mine handles triple digit enemies just fine. Status/crit build is rather amazing. Combine with a damage amp frame like Chroma, and level 140 Gunners melt like butter (if you can nail the headshots).

Seeing? have you actually used it? Akstiletto Prime felt very different than the regular because of the fire rate alone. It feels like assault rifle skinned into dual pistols. On top of that it has double damage and status chance. Your proposed buff will make the comparison look like this

Akstiletto P vs Aksomati

36 base damage vs 18 base damage

7.0 fire rate vs 12.5 fire rate (need spool up)

20% crit chance, 2.5 x damage vs 20% crit chance, 3x damage

30% status chance vs 5% status chance

40 magazine, 400 spare, 1.1 reload time vs 70 magazine, 210 spare, 1.4 reload time

With the same crit build, AkStiletto Prime can deal higher damage because it has double damage and only 20% difference in crit damage, and on top of that also having better ammo economy, and high status chance that will also help the dps through bleed procs or corrosive. That is very far from "slightly better".

AkStiletto is strong. I hate seeing ultra-crit stats on anything, it simply makes everything non-crit obsolete. AkSomatti is very strong to, but it's damage-only, while AkStiletto is damage+very high status. I would say that AkStiletto is a bit stronger, especially against very heavy armor, but at least right now I have a reason to use both, instead of dumping a 6 forma weapon intro the trash bin.

9 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

It has practically pinpoint accuracy compared to the aksomati, not to mention the glorious status chance and the nearly doubled base damage, the buffed crit stats that it got are really just bonuses.

And as icing on that cake, it reloads as fast as Kunai. 

On 5/18/2016 at 0:49 PM, Multicom-EN- said:

After seeing gameplays and watching smacktalk I feel the Akstiletto Prime needs a slight buff in crit chance (15% to 20%) and crit multiplier (2.0 to 2.5).

This alone, will make it slightly better than Aksomati and not just being the same damn thing with Prime slapped onto it. Seeing as we need Akstiletto to build Aksomati, it's only fair to buff the Akstiletto Prime.

Granted Aksomati is definitely stronger than Akstiletto Prime if you are able to make it red crit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9HuxeposX4

But this doesn't mean it needs a buff, Aksomati has always been a weapon that sacrifices a lot of the utility Akstiletto offers for damage.

Akstiletto has better ammo economy, far superior accuracy and hence effective range, higher status and a faster reload.

Aksomati loses all of this in order to do a bit more damage.

53 minutes ago, -VV-Phantom-Phoenix said:

Granted Aksomati is definitely stronger than Akstiletto Prime if you are able to make it red crit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9HuxeposX4

But this doesn't mean it needs a buff, Aksomati has always been a weapon that sacrifices a lot of the utility Akstiletto offers for damage.

Akstiletto has better ammo economy, far superior accuracy and hence effective range, higher status and a faster reload.

Aksomati loses all of this in order to do a bit more damage.

Not true.Watch this guy in the video.He uses 1x 2x Arcane Avenger? and Novas MP.

Man i tried yesterday alot of testing between these two and i came to a complete another conclusion.

I was impressed how good a status build was on the Akstiletto prime.I tried both crit status hybrid and only status against the Aksomati.With Arcane Avenger and without.Against Grineer bombards and heavy gunners lvl 135 and against corrupted bombards and heavy gunners.

My result was the Akstiletto primes are clearly better then the Aksomati against these enemies with armor.

Edited by K0bra

38 minutes ago, K0bra said:

Not true.Watch this guy in the video.He uses 1x 2x Arcane Avenger? and Novas MP.

Man i tried yesterday alot of testing between these two and i came to a complete another conclusion.

I was impressed how good a status build was on the Akstiletto prime.I tried both crit status hybrid and only status against the Aksomati.With Arcane Avenger and without.Against Grineer bombards and heavy gunners lvl 135 and against corrupted bombards and heavy gunners.

My result was the Akstiletto primes are clearly better then the Aksomati against these enemies with armor.

Why im i "this guy", i have a name you know.  Actually it's 1 avenger set and 1 grace set (you know, so i don't end up suiciding)

Was testing even necessary? What do you think happens when 2 weapons with nearly the same damage weapons but 1 can do status. Armor scales so much that any corrosive procs are like massive amounts of damage.

Personally i run max status on my sweeper prime so he does all my corrosive procs for me. This works well because as you can see i like to use Aksomati close up do deal with that accuracy. This basically deals with the advantage that status brings to the table. 

10 minutes ago, -VV-Phantom-Phoenix said:

Why are you comparing a warframe to secondary weapons, doesn't even make sense, when have you ever shot a limbo at an enemy?

(i would bet my carrier it would be dapper as hell though)

You didnt watch Quite Shallow do you?

2 minutes ago, mael9740 said:

You didnt watch Quite Shallow do you?

Your mistake is expecting other people to watch random youtube commentators.  Not saying that Quite Shallow isn't entertaining, but don't expect 'everyone' to get the references.

Just now, achromos said:

Your mistake is expecting other people to watch random youtube commentators.  Not saying that Quite Shallow isn't entertaining, but don't expect 'everyone' to get the references.

It isnt a mistake to do references. Sorry if i wasnt quoting you favorite youtuber.

Just now, mael9740 said:

It isnt a mistake to do references. Sorry if i wasnt quoting you favorite youtuber.

No need for the (probably sarcastic) apology,  I'm just saying that it is a mistake to think that 'everyone' will get that reference.

21 minutes ago, mael9740 said:

I didnt thinked so.

F636xiP.gif

6ffabfcbac2ed5a2bece5a01e18b055e.jpg

It's "I didn't think so.".  There is no D in think, and didn't requires an apostrophe.  Not even going to begin correcting the last post, I ignored it out of politeness :3

Edited by achromos

1 minute ago, achromos said:

6ffabfcbac2ed5a2bece5a01e18b055e.jpg

It's "I didn't think so.".  There is no D in think, and didn't requires an apostrophe.  Not even going to begin correcting the last post, I ignored it out of politeness :3

Not english.

So... why do we compare Aksomati and Akstiletto Prime?
Yeah, both are secondaries. But why don't we compare Akstiletto Prime with the Vaykor Marelok then?

Both, Aksomati and Akstiletto Prime, are upgrades of the regular Akstiletto. Aksomati got the Crits and Akstiletto Prime got the Status.
The End.