The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Passives, Volt, Mag & More!

[DE]Rebecca

I know this has to have been posted before, but now that we know the upcoming fairy frame will be named Titania you guys HAVE to be ready for her and Oberon to have a mutual passive. This would be a great opportunity to make a unique mechanic! :)

I feel like Ember (along with any frame) spends the minimum of their time against enemies that deal heat damage, and she has tons of cc already built in, so unless you're afk, she's not even going to let a mob with heat damage get close to her. It would be better if it were a very low energy per second and power strength stat that stacked per ENEMY set on fire within range.
Oberon's damage type and spammy cc really only benefits fighting against Grineer, and his passive further pigeonholes him into the anti-Grineer niche. I'd thought of him as a paladin from the first time you tossed that placeholder word around. He could use a passive that increases his survivability and/or affects enemies (with procs maybe?) whenever he takes damage from them.
Aside from what you've confirmed intent to continue working on, I don't have much more feedback at the moment. For now, I'm gonna read through this thread and see what's on my fellow Tenno's minds; their insight is as good as mine.

1 hour ago, Yenrei said:

I feel like Ember (along with any frame) spends the minimum of their time against enemies that deal heat damage, and she has tons of cc already built in, so unless you're afk, she's not even going to let a mob with heat damage get close to her. It would be better if it were a very low energy per second and power strength stat that stacked per ENEMY set on fire within range.

But wouldn't that be a little op or even game changing? Because even if it is a very low energy per sec with ember you literally put the world on fire so imagine fighting the infested which fight in numbers they never stop there a lot of enemies then you will have a ton of energy per sec. How low is low maybe thats the question.

Edited by Cryostasisprotoss

4 minutes ago, Cryostasisprotoss said:

But wouldn't that be a little op or even game changing? Because even if it is a very low energy per sec with ember you literally put the world on fire so imagine fighting the infested which fight in numbers they never stop there a lot of enemies then you will have a ton of energy per sec. How low is low maybe thats the question.

well wof cancels energy regen so you'd have to pause it to recive energy 

" Limbo*: Holster Speed and Reload Speed is 50% faster while in the Rift, and movement speed increases by 10% while in the Rift. "

Hes already decently fast...not sure how more speed helps and as we have seen before people believe fast holstering should be part of all warframes and on top of that when you are i the rift waiting on enemies coming in, there is probably the one weapon you have tuned for the job(maybe the fraggor prime with extra channel)....why holster/change it?

I know people believe that, okay, hes in the rift and hes limbo....he needs a passive! :D

But how about something that goes a long with his character and lore?

Not just any buff...like he build a charge till he can do what he did in the lore: Make a massive jump to the rift maybe even at the cost of his own safety?

"If we can, we will make more changes to him by tomorrow (cue the coffee machine). His passive is really not something we believe puts him in a place we think is near final. We are considering replacing his 3 (Rift Surge) with something else."

You can say that again.

Hes gonna be a bit tricky. But he needs a passive as strategic as his character. Not just, here is a buff.... these new synergies remind me of LoL passive/ability synergies. In a good way.

Again this is unless your plan was already to just make that X3-6 damage in the rift his passive and just give him another skill.

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi

23 hours ago, TheRandomHunter said:

Overon's passive screams "Hello Bombards and Heavy Gunners, please kill me as I get an AFK flag", as movement will always be a better damage deterrent than any amount of armor. Also I don't think anyone realizes the potential of having those animals that Grineer enemies swarm at you turned against them. Oberon's current passive is gimmicky, but potentially fantastic.

that would be great, except it's not that it's Neutral wildlife, so the wild Kubrow, Kavats, and those manta ray looking things, not the Dhraks and Hyenka

I personally would like to see Passives that chance the appearance a bit. Like Ice armor(+10 % armor) on frost after ult. Or when Zephyr is in the air to change the air a bit like he controls it(harder to hit since he controls the winds around him).

Still looking forward to a better Mesa 4, than standing still.

Please do something with limbo not because I don't like him but he's just not too team friendly, I vote to make him a healer, Rift restore health and energy yay! lol but seriously is hard to target other players with his abilities ever since the movement update maybe he could make holes and or tears to the rift. He a bit difficult due to theme.

Mag passive seems odd to me that should be a mod not a passive, it just doesn't feel to useful. What if she made "Magnetic Distortion" Area where she used her powers leave a debuff for 40 secs making enemies that pass through weaker to magnetic damage?

Can Chroma's poison set do more? back when he restored stamina it was cool for melee types but now that stamina is gone theres no real desire to... go Green... lol plus on aim glide isn't a good replace I hope something better can be added.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 4:16 PM, residente said:

oberon getting passive health regeneration to allies?  You sir, are a GENIUS!!! I can get behind that :D 

Edited by xXMakuXx