[DE]Rebecca

Dev Workshop: Passives, Volt, Mag & More!

Hmmm...Shock remains untouched =-/ Not much done with speed... Still forced to secondary...I have many concerns but i'll hold my judgement until tomorrow... 

Seems more like another heavy nerf to me, no more damage to shock/chainlinks/stun duration?  Shock deals 50% less damage to chained enemies with a 2 second stun. No change at all? Speed only provides 2 buffs and for 10 seconds, no synergies or longer duration? No golden lightning or name change to overload?  I will still stay positive despite this 

Edited by Wolfnrun
  • Upvote 23

4 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Nekros: Enemy death within 10 meters of Nekros regenerates a 5 Health.

My melee nekros likes this!

• Upvote 12

Oberon: All wildlife (neutral or enemy faction) within a 10 meter range of Oberon will become allies and fight for Oberon for 20 seconds.

oDqaMQU.jpg

Edited by williamsos10
  • Upvote 52

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Other players in range now get to 'opt-in' to Volt's Speed buff, by activating a pickup that Volt leaves behind on cast. This activation occurs on contact.

What if Volt is behind everyone when he casts this?  Turning around to see if Volt left behind such a pickup is horrible for movement flow, the opposite of what you want in missions you bring Volt for.  This is a big nerf to Speed.

Would suggest using roll as with Limbo, and build a key/option for being unaffected by such skills in the longer term.

Limbo*: Holster Speed and Reload Speed is 50% faster while in the Rift, and movement speed increases by 10% while in the Rift.

All frames badly need a significant buff to holster speed, with the aura being made an exilus mod.  This will encourage skilful play.

Trinity: Revive fallen allies faster from further away.

Isn't this the same as the Nekros mod?

The rest looks great.  If something doesn't quite work or is OP, please do not leave it for 2 years...

As an urgent tangent, can we have a T5 starting at level 80 whilst we're waiting for Star Map 3.0?  It's been 9 months since the announcement already... 9 months being forced to fight level 35 enemies ...

Edited by Fifield
  • Upvote 39

Ember: Receiving a Heat Status effect will regenerate energy for the duration of the Status effect (10 energy per second) and increase Power Strength by 35%

Nekros: Enemy death within 10 meters of Nekros regenerates a 5 Health

Vauban: Other Warframes within 10 meters give you 25% bonus armour.

Volt: Physical ground-travel distance between attacks causes bonus Electrical damage on next attack.

Waiting intensifies

• Upvote 2

Loki Wall-Cling Master Race!

Time for Arcane Arachne!! Well, maybe...

One question about Loki's proposed passive though: Is it added on top of his cling duration with mods like "Patagium" and "Ice Spring"? Or is it unchangeable?

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy
  • Upvote 12

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Polarize now spreads like Nova’s Molecular Prime. Targets with shields will take shield damage, while targets with armour take health damage and a permanent armour debuff. Targets will emit a piece or two of shrapnel which can be used to create synergies with Mag's other abilities

Does this mean that duration will affect the range, like it does with molecular prime?

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Oberon: All wildlife (neutral or enemy faction) within a 10 meter range of Oberon will become allies and fight for Oberon for 20 seconds.

thank you oh so very very much for giving him the most worthless passive in the game! great for fighting only agaisnt one faction and only on lower level missions, ones so easy you can sleep through them and still win.

Seriously DE how was this a good idea? I thought you guys were getting away from frames being only useful against singular factions (case in point the mag rework)

• Upvote 56

All of this sounds amazing. I look forward to full duration shooting gallery on Mesa, destrocto-Mag, and Tesla coiling-Volt.

• Upvote 1

On the Devstream where you were showcasing Volt's rework, I think Scott mentioned something about wanting to find a more interesting way to handle Volt's duration for the arc-trap effect rather than just using Duration. Any chance of getting additional details on that? Also:

1. Will Volt's shield now be subject to scaling on range? It looked larger in the rework preview than in the current live version.
  2. Will Volt's Speed be recastable or can you only drop another "opt in" point once the duration ends? I imagine this could be a major dealbreaker for a lot of players if the speed opt-in cannot be moved / replaced until the full duration is over.
  3. Will Mag's Shield Polarize be affected by Range and Duration the same way Molecular Prime is?
  4. Will Oberon's passive re-apply to targets after moving in and out of range or is it a one-and-done activation?

• Upvote 7

I would personally love to see Volt's speed ability be a channeled ability in which your speed increase is controlled by scrolling the mouse wheel. The faster you go, the more energy per second required. My idea for a new ultimate would again be a channeling ability in which Volt creates a static barrier following in his footsteps and slowly rescinds. Enemies that touch this barrier would become stunned and arc electric damage to nearby enemies. If Volt connects with the end of his electric trail it creates a closed circuit and all enemies within the trail become rapidly struck by bolts of electricity originating from the barrier and passing from one to another. Enemies that die while under this effect explode in an AoE damage burst. The faster you go, the bigger a circuit you can create. 

Edited by ToraTakeri
  • Upvote 8

Just now, Melos-mevim said:

thank you oh so very very much for giving him the most worthless passive in the game! great for fighting only agaisnt one faction and only on lower level missions, ones so easy you can sleep through them and still win.

Seriously DE how was this a good idea? I thought you guys were getting away from frames being only useful against singular factions (case in point the mag rework)

If you watched the last devstream you would've seen that they were thinking of adding more Wildlife or Companions to more factions very soon. So, it isn't a pointless passive. At least it won't be very soon.

• Upvote 7

Calling it now, increase novas passive range to 10 or 12 meters, or change it so when she gets knockdown, all enemies in a 10 meter radius are affected by an instant molecular prime.

Edited by RIOT
  • Upvote 8

17 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Then we move on to bigger Warframe reviews – this includes a detailed look at things that trivializes all content to an extreme.

67580391.jpg

• Upvote 47

i definitely feel that passives need to be universal as mentioned in the last paragraph. an example is Oberons passive. thematically it makes sense but in practice, you only would have wildlife encountering mostly grineer (if their hyekka and kubrow summoning counts) and earth and phobos. it is very limiting honestly especially since its only 20 seconds. even if the case was that you are going to add more wildlife in other tilesets/factions, you guys have promised certain wildlife many times in the past with concept art but even those still havent seen the light of day yet.

• Upvote 12

Limiting Volts' movable shield to energy consumption and to secondary and melee kinda makes me not want to use it. Players primarily use their primary ( who knew) not much gained from making it movable now. 

The passive doesn't seem very useful or interesting, but would need more context on how it works because which "attack" is the buff applied to and what kind of damage is added?

Also are enemies permanently turned Tesla  until they die? If so very good ability.

Edited by Conestt
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are also making Shooting Gallery be a permanent buff on Mesa when cast.

*And now Limbo:

If we can, we will make more changes to him by tomorrow (cue the coffee machine). His passive is really not something we believe puts him in a place we think is near final. We are considering replacing his 3 (Rift Surge) with something else. Stay tuned!

\o/

-----

1 hour ago, Fifield said:

Would suggest using roll as with Limbo,

Oh god no.

Rolling is part of traversal in Parkour Mobility 2.0. I have enough trouble with unBanishing myself when travelling as-is.

Edited by Chroia
  • Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Nyx: Enemies affected by any of Nyx's powers have a chance to lay down their weapon ( become disarmed ).

Thats not very good DE, if i use Mind Control i always try to get a Enemy with a big fat Weapon like a Bombard. Its a bad idea that i minimize my own power by disarming him. Maybe you can chage it to somtehing like this:

Enemies who was affected by any of Nyx's powers have a chance to lay down their weapon ( become disarmed ), after the powers Duration stopped.

• Upvote 35

Slightly disappointed. Passives are situational at best, useless at worst and will hardly have an impact on how I play. I actually get some use out of Rhinos passive for instance, bullet jumping into a crowd knowing they'll be CC'd. 

I don't see myself repeatedly jump slamming my melee as Hydroid, he's far too squishy.

I don't see myself getting set on fire as Ember, there's like 4 enemies in the game that have a chance to do it.

Why would I need silenced weapons as Banshee?

How often are other Warframes within 10m of you, in a game where you can travel that distance in under a second?

Sorry guys, I've liked the passives you made so far, but these are mostly meh imo.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Upvote 61