Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats your favorite way to level up?

When leveling weapons, I do a spy circuit with Ivara.

Saturn, Aegaeon -> Scylla, Sedna -> Lex, Ceres

Depending on how much time I actually spend in each mission, I may require another run on any of them to max out a weapon.

I've been trying to go through melee weapons alphabetically and I have gained an excessive amount of tower keys, element+status mods, and enough Ivara copies to make half the server depressed. Not to mention it's significantly more fun than Draco and because of Ivaras Kleptomania, you end up with a lot of extra credits and mods.

When it comes to leveling frames, I typically play the game like I just started. Hit up earth to get the basic feel, maybe scan some pinecones and abuse some wild dogs into giving me their eggs. Once I get to level 10, usually try tier 1 void survival.

I use draco on frames or weapons that I had forma'd (or s*** weapons that I only care for MR), but for fresh weapons and frames, I tend to stick to spy or sabotage missions. Sometimes I run Excavation on Earth for about 1000 cryotic first. Use to run defense or survival, but for the affinity they give, you need to last awhile, and I like the spy/sabotage missions because I can switch it to solo and run them at my own speed.

I usually try to level up a full set at the same time (Primary, secondary, melee and Warframe). Here is the pattern I use :

Play Apollodorus to meet new players.

Go on Mimas or Cassini so I can help people farming a few Orokin cells. Also Elara on Jupiter for Neural Sensors.

Make a few syndicate and void missions solo.

Go Triton and Hieracon.

(If not already at 30, for the very last levels, I usually play Draco lately to compare what people are saying here and what is happening there :x)

Mostly Survivals and Excavations, that's where I have fun most of the time.

Edited by matto

1 hour ago, (XB1)Meier Voleran said:

Hey fellow Tenno, 

I figured I'd ask, I know Draco is a common way to level up, but I prefer to avoid it. I was wondering what are some of your favorite places to level up? 

I really like Sao on Neptune, Quick Corpus Spy that gives a good amount of resources, and recently has been a great way to re-stock on T3 Sabotage keys (and Ivara Helm and BP if you don't have them!)

Honestly, pound-for-pound Draco is still the most efficient place to grind out exp, balanced out by being really the only thing running Draco is especially good for (it's not a good location for acquiring anything else, beyond the occasional Orokin Cell). Draco also has a benefit in its popularity - everyone knows about it, so there's always an open squad.

The common strategy is to keep the weapon to level holstered while racking up exp. However, I find that if you can actually use the weapon in combat, it levels much faster (or at the very least you become more familiar with it while leveling). This when on Draco is great for weapons effective against the Grineer (I leveled my Stradavar this way), but I seek out alternatives when the weapon deals other kinds of damage, or when I'm on the hunt for more than just affinity.

If leveling just one weapon, I usually do high-level Spy missions. The runs are quick, I'm guaranteed a void key and I see some half-decent mods. If I need particular resources, I run Defense on Survival on the highest level planet on which that resource drops. For Fusion Cores and Cryotic, Hieracon (or other Excavations). If I need credits as well, any Dark Sector does fine. If the weapon I'm leveling is good for it, I'll run Exterminates and stack the stealth multiplier, since at max stacks the weapon receives 5x the normal affinity.

One last recommendation, using Banshee can really help you level non-melee weapons thanks to Sonar's damage multiplier. It makes weapons viable against enemies far beyond your weapon's level.

Hope this helps.

draco like all other intercept  gives the same xp pound for pound if you want to maximize on the bonus xp from each captured relay point.. Draco is not the best as players thinks its just more popular and round for round in a full squad Cerberus has more enemies and spawn points.

14 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Honestly, pound-for-pound Draco is still the most efficient place to grind out exp, balanced out by being really the only thing running Draco is especially good for (it's not a good location for acquiring anything else, beyond the occasional Orokin Cell). Draco also has a benefit in its popularity - everyone knows about it, so there's always an open squad.

The common strategy is to keep the weapon to level holstered while racking up exp. However, I find that if you can actually use the weapon in combat, it levels much faster (or at the very least you become more familiar with it while leveling). This when on Draco is great for weapons effective against the Grineer (I leveled my Stradavar this way), but I seek out alternatives when the weapon deals other kinds of damage, or when I'm on the hunt for more than just affinity.

If leveling just one weapon, I usually do high-level Spy missions. The runs are quick, I'm guaranteed a void key and I see some half-decent mods. If I need particular resources, I run Defense on Survival on the highest level planet on which that resource drops. For Fusion Cores and Cryotic, Hieracon (or other Excavations). If I need credits as well, any Dark Sector does fine. If the weapon I'm leveling is good for it, I'll run Exterminates and stack the stealth multiplier, since at max stacks the weapon receives 5x the normal affinity.

One last recommendation, using Banshee can really help you level non-melee weapons thanks to Sonar's damage multiplier. It makes weapons viable against enemies far beyond your weapon's level.

Hope this helps.

Oh, I'm just looking to see what other people like to do, I'm fully aware of how to run Draco and all that. I'm up to 294/319 Complete, with only a handful of Draco runs (Usually if I forma or want to phone it in for Focus). I appreciate the tips though. I'm currently running some Solo missions and know my favorites, so I was just wondering what favorite missions people have to level up for fun. 

Hieracon is my leveling spot. I like playing excavation missions and I grab some Void Keys while doing it. Also level a lot of stuff doing Void runs. Good decent xp and ducats. I like grinding more than one thing at a time so xp+keys or xp+ducats is the way to go for me.

started before more then 2 years playing warframe and found out and tried since that to play missions where i can level up whatever, get ressources balanced and have fun the same time ... there are tons of solo- and teamoriented missions in warframe to do so ^^)

after 1,5 years i was going to draco more often, not without one strong weapon which can handle the enemies there and for shure with a frame which have redirection, vitality (both on its max level) and a minimum of power carried, best suits a level 15 frame. everything else is - forgive me - STUPID and a HARRASMENT for the whole team and causes teammembers to loose the only useful way to play draco: 4 waves until the key comes ...

thats it ^^)

44 minutes ago, Avalean said:

Hieracon is my leveling spot.

Same for me. If primary weapon or frame to level, I just take strong secondary(atomos) and cheese around excavator. Usually takes 2-3runs to max out and at same time get keys.

Pantheon, Mercury, as Hushed Invisibility Loki usually gets a weapon high enough to equip Hush or Suppress. I then take Ivara to Marid, Sedna. With an affinity booster, 2 runs of Marid is usually enough to max the weapon out, 3 runs if I'm unlucky with the spawn count or composition.

Shotguns are taken to Marid immediately with Hushed Invisibility Loki.

Warframes I just take wherever. Alerts, T1 and T2 Void, and the like.

I dont really need help, and this is how I do it.

If I am leveling a frame, I do dark sector defense (Eris, akkad), with one good weapon.  5 Waves and i can usually reach level 8 or 10.  Put some Aura/Vitality/Redirection mods on it Then I do a Rotation of public draco (around 3 rounds)

If it is just recently formaed weapons, I have no problem finding a "Draco" as a buffer or EV.

I can usually max out my Daily Syndicate standings at the same time.  2-3 missions and I am done

I use Dark Sectors from time to time, good for keeping on top of other resources not found on Ceres, safe to say I have enough Alloy plate, Detonite Ampules, Circuits and Orokin cells to last me another 3 years. I still use Draco for those CBA days or times where I'm in the Void or whatever and need levels quickly.