Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Wishlist: What to expect for damage 3.0

Vidsurfer555

Here are just some of the things that i want for damage 3.0

• To be able to mix and and match my elemental combos
    • Ex: Viral and Gas in the same weapon
  • Elemental status procs Should have both a physical and statistical manifestation
    • Ex: Viral = reduces overall health + Slows down enemy movement by 30%

Guys what are your opinions? 

20 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

What I wish? For people not to call it damage 3.0

They're just changing mods.

And looking into enemy scalling, which means they are looking at how damage is dealt, which means they will look at armor, which means they will also look at the mods, which means they will look at our mods and their damage, which means they will change them accordingly which means that Damage will receive changes... for the 3.0rd time.

Spoiler

lgN0Ove.gif

Edited by Venom-Snake

I would like to see a simplified damage modifier setup.

As it stands, we can't even tell what our damage output will actually be against an armored enemy until we start shooting.

For instance: A level 50 heavy gunner. From the arsenal, you would think your 1000 corrosive damage would do 1750 against them, right? Wrong! Because at level 50, a heavy gunner has ~2232 armor, reducing that 1000 corrosive damage to ~612. You have to sit down and do some semi-complicated math to figure this out, and there's no way to show it in the arsenal, because every enemy is different.

Edit: I made a thing that shows damage modifiers as a function of corrosive procs against a level 50 heavy gunner. Best viewed in notepad, browsers will mess up the formatting.

Edit 2: DM = (1 + HM)*(1+AM) / [1 + [Armor*(1-AM)]/300] where DM = Damage Modifier, HM = Health Modifier, and AM = Armor Modifier

Source: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Armor

Edited by DeltaPhantom

39 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

And looking into enemy scalling, which means they are looking at how damage is dealt, which means they will look at armor, which means they will also look at the mods, which means they will look at our mods and their damage, which means they will change them accordingly which means that Damage will receive changes... for the 3.0rd time.

Reveal hidden contents

lgN0Ove.gif

f7FdEdG.jpg

Make weapons that have IPS only have one type of IPS on it. 

Buff many weapons.

Make all weapons line of sight, for enemies and for Tenno.

Have multishot mods add even more bullet %, but cut bullet damage %

Remove flat damage mods (Serration, etc)

Have weapon damage scale up to the same old Serration etc. amount through gaining levels.

Give weapons "attachment" slots for the abundance of useless utility mods.

More D polarity mods in general.

Something for above 100% status chance like with red crits.

Destroying enemy armor scaling.

Destroying enemy damage scaling or drastically increasing frame scaling throughout the mission.

Nerfing cheese enemies such as Napalm, Scorcher, Bombard, Sniper enemies, Bursa, Sapping Osprey.

Adding in shield gating for anything with proto shield. That means us and a small select few of enemies.

Give more frames % enemy damage scaling. Such as the old Polarize, or how Saryn procs Viral, etc.

Give enemy auras a visually observable radius, similar to Equinox pacify or something close.

Nerf the ranges on enemy auras.

Obviously look over many of the useless mods, and ones that make no sense with their trade offs.

Being able to have Gas/Viral/Corrosive/etc at the same time with the right combinations, instead of only being able to have one of X type.

Buff status procs.

Give enemies more diverse weapons that can proc statuses.

Remove Nullifiers. Replace them with more Comba/Scrambus.

Buff Focus overall across the board. Such as all Focus abilities that deal damage having a "Void" damage type. Extra damage to all enemies, especially Sentients.

Buff frame passives and relook over them.

Buff support frames other than Trinity.

Increase the base melee combo counter.

Give melee air combos so they can actually kill mid air enemies.

Buff Archwings overall.

So much to list.

remove elemental mods adding damage, it should just convert % of damage to elemental type. This way i can have a pure fire modded weapon without losing DPS

Make utility mods more enticing

Melee Weapons that benefit from  channeling build

balancing crit , pure damage and status weapon modding. Crit % should be capped and not always be the clear cut best option for damage

Wishlist? For all procs to be good at something.

Why use Impact when you can just knock them down with Blast or stun them with Fire?

Why use Puncture proc when the remaining 70% damage is going to kill you in one shot anyways, and doesn't last long at all?

Would be great if three consecutive stacks of Impact opened people up for finishers or something.

Puncture would be nice if it stacked like this: First proc, 70% damage dealt by enemy AKA 30% damage reduction (6 seconds), second proc, 70% * 70% = 49% (5 seconds), 49% * 70% = 0.343% (4 seconds). Of course, duration would have a minimum of 2 seconds, but no limit on damage reduction. This means that at one point, you could make an enemy do no damage for as long as you focus on him. 

Edited by jjpdn

I am realist so I wont say any nicely sounded things. I except more nerfs, more chaos and unbalanced antifun changes in order to keep us far from the game. PS: Optimism enabled. Some warframe stat changes, mod System overhaul, enemy scaling and so on. My opinion is still real.

What I'd like considered is the following:

1. New Categories on Damage Types, going from Physical, Elemental, Combined to Physical, Chemical, Energy.
  2. Reshuffling a few Damage types into the Categories and adding a new Damage type.
  3. Standalone Damage types, so no longer combining. New Mods to fill-in for those former combos and I took the time to come up with names, except for Archwing. (And keeps the two type limit)
  4. Diversify Damage types in dealing damage and proc'ing effects, so will need to change how effects proc on a more individualized basis.

I go into more detail here:

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

i wish legendary cores for my serration, heavy caliber, hornet strike, magnum force and primed point blank.

yeah, 5 will do it for now

True. We sunk in so many cores in those mods, they better turn into legendary cores if DE decide to remove them altogether.

Just now, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

You don't have duplicates on your sentinal weapons?

i don't use sentinel weapons at all.

they alert enemies, kill stuff i want to scan, and the attack percept uses a slot where i could put more useful stuff (guardian, sanctuary, animal instinct, medi-ray, vacuum/whatever, and the sentinel also has to survive)

My wish, for the changes to come this year.  Little salty since they have been talking about this since last summer at least.  Though I do understand something this big takes time, just wish it was here already! :D