Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss test: Limbo vs (nearly) every boss

Sir.X

there is this ability called invisiblity. and you playing since 2014 should know why loki is considered master race and why the listed frames are good in these situations. saying limbo is best is just your own opinion.

36 minutes ago, VoidNomade said:

Anyone arguing Pro_Limbo now, consider this:

He´s the next one on the rework list, gotcha.

There's a good rework, and there's a bad rework.

Look at DE's recent reworks.

Gotcha.

All I will say for now is that I don't consider Limbo being able to pass through lasers in Spy much of a pro. Lasers are easy to pass by with any frame once you know the vault's layout. It's not like the lasers are gonna move and shoot at you or anything. You can easily take your time figuring it out or getting the timing.

Then there is also rescue for lvl 100 sortie missions, again Limbo is not needed. Invisibility frames are better because then you outright avoid detection. And you don't even need to banish, or even protect the target. Just leg it to extraction and the target will be fine.

On 2016-06-10 at 4:00 PM, Clonmac said:

The truth is that in warframe there is very little co-op between players. Ultimately, the only form of "co-op" in this game is crowd control. The only other form of co-op this game has are a few frames that do some teammate buffing. Other than that, the benefit you receive from having other warframes on your team is simply added killing power and revivals.

I feel that, customizable as Warframe is, co-op is one of those things that players have the option to use, but never have to use. As a squad-based PvE game, co-op is one of the core aspects of the game. However, this doesn't mean that players will be co-operating. The fast pace, high mobility, little time to chat, massive tilesets, and the capability for single players to 1v1 basically anything in the game (with the right loadouts) means that you never really need to co-operate or communicate with the team, just do your solo play near them and reap the benefits of proximity (AoE buffs, affinity sharing, killing the enemy faster and having something to draw fire from you). And that's absolutely fine.

But if you and your squad put in the effort, Warframe can be so much more. There are some excellent plays and synergies any player can pull off simply by paying attention and communicating. Certain frames do one better than the other (Trins almost require other teammates, Ashes prefer to work alone, etc.), but most can do both depending on how you play. Take Vauban, for instance: his ability to lock down large areas lets him run missions solo as long as he watches his flanks. But he also has so much he can add to the team experience. As Vauban, I frequently latch Teslas onto melee allies for added damage when they run in, place Tripwires in front of damaging zones like Hallowed Ground for longer enemy entrapment for more DoT, and I'll use vortex in different places if I see an ally using a launcher-type weapon. these are just some of the things I do as Vauban to help a team, and I don't even main the guy.

Layered crowd control, added damage, protecting the squad (Snowglobe, Hallowed Ground, etc), even weapon synergies and allocating tasks to certain Tenno (have a dedicated Nullifier-popper so the mages in the squad don't have to), these are just a few of the ways to have fun co-operatively. And the benefits are numerous. I've been in squads that have lasted far longer in a mission through co-operation than we could've otherwise. But communication and attention is key.

Back to Limbo, he can do both solo play (dividing large forces of enemies and dealing with them separately) and team play (energy restoration, defense and is reeaaaally good with mage-y frames like Nova) fairly well, but more than any other frame he requires communication and understanding. If a Limbo Banishes you and you aren't ready for and don't know how the Rift Plane works, it can be really frustrating. He's just one of those technical frames that is perplexing to those who have a simpler approach. With any luck his rework will help his more involved play, but for now it's still all about staying in the know.

Just because he is getting a rework doesnt mean he cant do well - not all reworks buff things, they change and add new things or sometimes nerf others.

By arguing his good points I am not saying he doesnt need that rework - nor is my defense unjustified, I provide logical reasons why he can be useful. I do however completely acknowledge that his use within a team who doesnt want his help, and players who dont know how to use him can be frustrating. I myself made a mistake in the last event where I was banishing bursas and killing them in the rift - I forgot to unbanish them to attack the boss once hacked oops..

10 hours ago, Goodwill said:

Then there is also rescue for lvl 100 sortie missions, again Limbo is not needed.

Rescue for lvl 100 sortie missions can be successfully completed on any frame, it is literally impossible to fail them due to hostage teleporting and bleed out time.

On 6/10/2016 at 10:12 PM, ranks21 said:

not the best reviving frame<< that goes to an augment for nekros, valkyr is second, loki is third ivara fourth excal is fifth chroma is up there so is atlas and his wall and also ash..

had you say limbo could potentially keep players alive better than other frames with his banishing ability then I would agree with you.

the game is by its own definition classed as co-op so that should answer that question for you. roll through some of their earlier devstreams ( cant be bothered to pick one as there are more than one) and youll hear them say it quite often.

on the topic of coop  just the addition of raids furthermore solidifies the coop stature/definition of the game.

Explain to me how Valkyr is better than Limbo at reviving? Especially now after her rework of Hysteria. Is she a good reviver? Sure, but she is absolutely not better than Limbo who is completely invincible while in the rift and can stay there. Also, invincibility is better than invisibility for reviving hands down. That means Limbo is better than Loki, Ivara, and Ash for reviving. I think it is laughable that you even attempt to compare Excal, Chroma, and Atlas' revive capabilities versus Limbo's. They're not even close. I'd like to see Loki, Ivara, Ash, Chroma, Excal, or Atlas attempt to revive someone who is completely surrounded by enemies, stuck in a small area with tons of Sapping Osprey orbs on the ground where you need to revive. Limbo can just run right in a revive without a single care.

The only one I'd agree with is Nekros with the augment and even then he has survivability limitations that Limbo just doesn't need to ever worry about. Sorry, but Limbo is the best hands down.

As far as co-op goes, I'm not saying the devs don't promote co-op gameplay with Warframe. But, I'm merely commenting on the fact that someone discredits a warframe for not "bringing anything to teammates" when a vast majority of the warframes in this game don't explicitly bring anything to their teammates aside from killing power. Sure, there are minor teamplay combos you can do with certain abilities. But, there are very few cooperative abilities that directly apply to your teammates in the game. While you're usually in a mission with 3 other players, most of the time you're just working "separately yet together" to kill the same enemies. Killing power is what a vast majority of warframes bring to the table and that's it. So to discredit Limbo as a teammate because that's all he brings to the table is an argument that can be said for a vast majority of warframes (see my example of Ember I mentioned above).

On 10/06/2016 at 5:30 AM, shadow18715 said:

Weapon Loadout:

Dex Sybaris, AkMagnus, Nikana prime

Bosses that I did not fight due to amount of grind/difficulty to get to them:

Reveal hidden contents

Mutalist AladV

Golem

Kela De Thaym

Corrupted Vor

So I decided to try and see just why Limbo and some other frames are the least used, and decided to go through most of the bosses in the solar system to see whats wrong with him. To make this short as possible, I won't describe how each boss fight went, but mainly the repeating pattern with each one.

Conclusion

Limbo has no way to defend himself from attacks. Immediately people are going to say that Rift Walk is the answer to this issue, but its not that simple.

See, if your in the Rift, you and the enemies cannot hit each other. But as soon as you Banish them, you might as well just not be in the Rift, because they both function the same. Certain bosses will only be Banished for a second or two, and with enemies continuously spawning in the room, you have to continuously jump in and out of the Rift to prevent yourself from dying and to attack the enemy. Of course, you can Banish single enemies, or use Cataclysm to kill a large group then detonate it, but the amount of energy used is way too high in order for it to become efficient. Nearly every Warframe has some form of an ability to where they can defend themselves, and attack at the same time. Limbo has none, its either you can't attack each other, or you can't defend yourself at all.

Honestly, this comes across as not knowing how to use Limbo Properly.

There's very few bosses where I don't find Limbo effective, and some he turns into a complete joke.

My loadout is primarily Duration Boosting, range reducing, with a nod to efficiency and strength, generally running a Sancti Tigris, Vaykor Marelok and a Destraza (that initial double strike + slash proc plays to Limbos strengths).

Limbo is not a DPS, he is not crowd control.

He is a heavy hitter and field control frame.

You pull in what enemies you want with you one at a time, while they're stunned from entering the Rift, you slam them for massive damage. Rift Surge + a Sancti Tigris can easily do upwards of 500,000 base damage, even on a duration build like mine.

Alternatively, if you want 1+ enemy(ies) out of the way for a while, you put them in the rift to deal with everything else.

You can casually stroll through areas to your target.

You can protect both moving and stationary targets in defences / excavations / interceptions.

You ignore all security countermeasures.

With 2.6 base energy regen per second, Limbo simply does not care about energy. He has tons. And if you throw in Zenurik to bump that up to 6.6 base, then you litterally give 0 craps.

With Assassinates, Limbo can just walk up in the rift with Rift Surge active, then either Banish the target (often at a reduced time, but 8 seconds is more than enough time), or Cataclysm the target (that 6-9M bubble isn't letting much else in) Hit them for absurd damage point blank with the Tigris, then casually stroll off to the exit after you one-shot them.

Done this in basically every single-health-state Assassinate target there is, from level 1 through level 100. (It's kind of sad walking up to say... Vor, the Lynx, etc and one shotting them in a sortie).

And the others, a mix of Cataclysm and jumping in-and-out of the void does the job nicely.

TL;DR - Same as most complaints about Limbo, you try to use it as something it's not, then complain the scalpel doesn't start forest fires.

On 6/9/2016 at 9:30 PM, shadow18715 said:

Bosses that I did not fight due to amount of grind/difficulty to get to them:

Hide contents

Mutalist AladV

Golem

Kela De Thaym

Corrupted Vor

Well Jordas would be irrelevant, because you don't fight him as Limbo, you fight him as Odonata/Itzal/Elytron