Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

grineer empire needs vehicles

(PSN)glider700

the grineer empire is growing and we are getting close to there leaders in my opinion they should have vehicles.

Wouldn't it be pleasing to get some vehicles in warframe, NOT SAYING IT SOULD BE OPEN WORLD NO JUST NO. I know they have spaceships but still there are someplaces a where it is too thick for ships to go through on some planets.

Edited by (PS4)glider700

I would personally enjoy a change from just being shredded by ramparts. Now we can be shredded by ramparts on wheels!

Seriously, though, this would be cool. The Grineer are obviously the type of people to have tanks, where are they? It'd be a fun "heavy unit" that occasionally shows up to deal with you once the alarms go off. Sort of like the Grineer version of Bursas. They could even have a weakspot in the back.

How they have been going since Uranus. Grineer are their own vehicles. A tank would be similar to the warhammer 40k Dreadnought. Like Hek. A mass produced vehicle would come with a clone made just to be a pilot fused into the equipment. They should work with the idea more, its not shown enough.

As for transports. They need more map tiles like the corpus hanger with scripted events. like a Grineer transport flying low on mars. Similar to transports in Halo the ship would have side turrets as infantry would jet down then it would fly off or if you shoot the weak points. a scripted kill event like blowing a engine off and it would crash and open a hidden area with extra canisters.

Edited by Firetempest

A hovercraft with a rampart on it. One grineer needed to pilot and one grineer needed to use the rampart. Can also be used by players.

8 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

No. I'm OK with vehicles but if only for enemies. This is not Battlefield.

Even if we had vehicles they would provide almost no real advantage, we're faster, more powerful and often more tanky. It would only be cooler.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

While tanks would make a lot of sense, my only real problem with them would be as to where in the Hek would they be? Every Grinder tileset is too small for them, excluding the Grineer Desert and it's one massive dune area where you typical perform Excavations.

Like the Moon challenge rooms. Make some special tiles have a chance to appear separate from the objective. In this case have a mini boss. It wont count for the main mission. But say a tank like boss has a chance of appearing in that particular large dune tile.

They should have done this ages ago with the Juggernaut. Instead they made it tiny so it could chase you until its AI broke.

Edited by Firetempest

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

While tanks would make a lot of sense, my only real problem with them would be as to where in the Hek would they be? Every Grinder tileset is too small for them, excluding the Grineer Desert and it's one massive dune area where you typical perform Excavations.

But... What if they were... Tiny Tanks!!

Who says they have to be tank-sized?

12 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

A mass produced vehicle would come with a clone made just to be a pilot fused into the equipment.

Yes!! A small vehicle just big enough for a lancer to be fused into, maneuverable, armored, with a single weapon system. Tiny Clone-Tanks!

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Yes!! A small vehicle just big enough for a lancer to be fused into, maneuverable, armored, with a single weapon system. Tiny Clone-Tanks!

What about smaller versions of metal gear Rex from Metal Gear Solid? 

7 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Like the Stroggs from Quake? I made a thread about it and how Stroggs uses mechanical parts, like tank parts to enhance their bodies.

Well, Grineer do have combat vehicles. In some cases they seem to utilize their mining vehicles as sort of tanks, but only on asteroid bases that they are invading. Makes sense to use those if you need to knock down some walls that are a few meters thick and made primarily of iron and rock. Not to mention on Phobos tileset if you look around in the tiles, you'll see abandoned grineer machinery that were obviously mobile and sometimes even armed. 

But in general the Grineer seem to be operating as one would expect from a primarily space habitat and ship combat oriented force. The environments that we encounter the grineer in do not favor any kind of larger armored vehicles. Insides of ships or underwater habitats, the close quarters and erratic spaces of hollowed asteroids. Sure we got Earth and Mars (Like hell are fighting on Phobos, it's Mars with a different name, Steve himself once lamented this) but earth is heavily overgrown(like hell it is, not ALL of earth can be a damn jungle) and taking place in a very canyony area. And Mars is also just canyons and a LOT of sand. In the sandy tileset it is very clearly seen that the Grineer do deploy ground based machines but damn near all of them have ground to a half and are now buried in sand "SpecOps: The Line" style. 

I agree that more vehicles makes sense, but the problem lies in where you put them. At most they'd be a variation of the Rampart, an armored IFV (infantry fighting vehicle) shaped setpiece parked somewhere with a massive autocannon, being a pain in everyone's neck. Honestly I scratch my head every time I do an asteroid base Sabotage and see one of those massive drill machines stuck in a room that the thing in NO WAY could of ever driven in to, or out of. Their deployment method of dropships and infantry makes perfect sense since you can't put tanks into space ship corridors and you got orbital strikes if you need something softened up from afar. We see these dropships all over and my only gripe with them is that they are just too small to carry any reasonably sized unit of infantry unless it uses the same space-bending "WTF Hammerspace" tech that our landers do. None of those damn things could ever fit a Tenno standing upright and DE has hinted that there is some of that Space-Time wibbly-wobbly going on. 

I think I got a bit sidetracked... In any case. yes to the vehicles, but only on conditions that they appear in places that make sense and look half-way functional in WF universe's version of physics. 

4 minutes ago, Lakais said:

Well, Grineer do have combat vehicles. In some cases they seem to utilize their mining vehicles as sort of tanks, but only on asteroid bases that they are invading. Makes sense to use those if you need to knock down some walls that are a few meters thick and made primarily of iron and rock. Not to mention on Phobos tileset if you look around in the tiles, you'll see abandoned grineer machinery that were obviously mobile and sometimes even armed. 

But in general the Grineer seem to be operating as one would expect from a primarily space habitat and ship combat oriented force. The environments that we encounter the grineer in do not favor any kind of larger armored vehicles. Insides of ships or underwater habitats, the close quarters and erratic spaces of hollowed asteroids. Sure we got Earth and Mars (Like hell are fighting on Phobos, it's Mars with a different name, Steve himself once lamented this) but earth is heavily overgrown(like hell it is, not ALL of earth can be a damn jungle) and taking place in a very canyony area. And Mars is also just canyons and a LOT of sand. In the sandy tileset it is very clearly seen that the Grineer do deploy ground based machines but damn near all of them have ground to a half and are now buried in sand "SpecOps: The Line" style. 

I agree that more vehicles makes sense, but the problem lies in where you put them. At most they'd be a variation of the Rampart, an armored IFV (infantry fighting vehicle) shaped setpiece parked somewhere with a massive autocannon, being a pain in everyone's neck. Honestly I scratch my head every time I do an asteroid base Sabotage and see one of those massive drill machines stuck in a room that the thing in NO WAY could of ever driven in to, or out of. Their deployment method of dropships and infantry makes perfect sense since you can't put tanks into space ship corridors and you got orbital strikes if you need something softened up from afar. We see these dropships all over and my only gripe with them is that they are just too small to carry any reasonably sized unit of infantry unless it uses the same space-bending "WTF Hammerspace" tech that our landers do. None of those damn things could ever fit a Tenno standing upright and DE has hinted that there is some of that Space-Time wibbly-wobbly going on. 

I think I got a bit sidetracked... In any case. yes to the vehicles, but only on conditions that they appear in places that make sense and look half-way functional in WF universe's version of physics. 

Who knows, maybe making it so the Grinders drilling machines acted like a vehicle of their own that we could fight as a boss for every Sabotage mission would be great.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

What about smaller versions of metal gear Rex from Metal Gear Solid? 

MUCH smaller. But yes, that would be cool.

8 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Like the Stroggs from Quake? I made a thread about it and how Stroggs uses mechanical parts, like tank parts to enhance their bodies.

Kind of. The Stroggs were Dudes-with-Metal-Parts, and we're talking about vehicles. Actually, I was thinking sort of the opposite of the Stroggs: rather than being Dudes-with-Metal-Parts, they are Tanks-with-Cloned-Grineer-Parts. Like "we will enhance this tank with a cloned grineer to make the tank more useful" rather than the other way around.

Your idea is very cool, though, and it makes a lot of sense. The Grineer WOULD enhance their bodies this way, why is Hek (and maybe Ruk) the only one who does?

17 minutes ago, Lakais said:

But in general the Grineer seem to be operating as one would expect from a primarily space habitat and ship combat oriented force. The environments that we encounter the grineer in do not favor any kind of larger armored vehicles. Insides of ships or underwater habitats, the close quarters and erratic spaces of hollowed asteroids. Sure we got Earth and Mars (Like hell are fighting on Phobos, it's Mars with a different name, Steve himself once lamented this) but earth is heavily overgrown(like hell it is, not ALL of earth can be a damn jungle) and taking place in a very canyony area.

It's called Phobos (looking nothing like the chunk of rock it is IRL) but you do in fact always land on Mars, the intro cutscenes prove it. On topic, please yes ! I wanna fight grineer choppers

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Who knows, maybe making it so the Grinders drilling machines acted like a vehicle of their own that we could fight as a boss for every Sabotage mission would be great.

The problem with that is that you'd need a dedicated tile for it. None of the tiles we have now would allow one of these things to move around at all, or just backwards and forwards for 50 meters. I might be exaggerating a bit, but the point still stands.

I get the concept of a miniboss for a Sabotage and I like it. But the idea of a mining vehicle being the target is a bit much since these things could probably be replaces with relative ease. It's a mining drill after all, not a tank (even if it's being kind of used as one), these things should be dime a dozen in any given inhabited asteroid. But I guess that might be more of a problem with the "story" of those missions: Us destroying those drills to stop the Grineer from developing energy weapons (what?!). A mission we have failed as they clearly have those, just not in wide spread infantry use. If it were to delay the Grineer from drilling into a pocket of hiding colonists or an Orokin cache then it'd make much more sense. Basically us buying time for Lotus to unf**k some situation we are told nothing about. 

As for the general discussion. A Bursa like Grineer unit would not fix or fill a niche, per se. If anything, the Grineer already have these "tanks" in the form of their heavy units, they just need to be remodeled to look more "tank-like". Grineer HAVE  bursa like enemy unit, it's just I haven't seen them AT ALL, Manics. They take a bit of finesse to kill and can mess you up if you get unlucky. Give them a few variations, make it chance that they'll show up in high level missions when the alarm is on and you got a winner.