Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

Lunaro melee needs SEVERELY nerfed somehow, I don't know if it should be completely removed (from affecting other players) or if someone who is harassing should get a "time out" reset where they can't move for a certain amount of time and then if they continue to harass other players they are kicked from the lunaro-game, because just now I was playing and someone was doing this to me so very much that I literally had to leave the game, because I couldn't play, I couldn't counter melee him because he was stun locking me and I couldn't dash out of it for the same reason, and when a teammate would come to my aid he would just switch to doing it to them and there was no getting away.
It was absolutely obnoxious and needs to be fixed ASAP. 

• played it several times since it was live.
  • took me a while to learn the game but even after learning it there's no escape from the brawlers. there are players spamming E .
  • after a goal let the opposition retreat, force them to. 
  • getting confused about the possession of the ball,sometimes the ball disappears while throwing at goal, i think it might be falling down. 
  • the motion doesnt feel fluid. the ball moves in a weird way as well.
  • my 5 seconds seem to get over by the time i realize that i have the ball. sometimes am runnin around thinking that i have the ball while other times am running around thinking that i dont when i do.
  • also am not able to pick out teammates for passes. damn those passes when you're trying to shoot. take a football game for example,shoot and pass are different buttons.
  • was wondering if any of the frames have an advantage over the others. some of then seem to be able to leap higher and further than i could.
  •  despite winning and losing a few games m annoyed af. i've never felt the urge to rage quit the normal game but this one did drive me nuts.

So after playing this I began to have much more fun. however the fun ended when two people left on the enemy team and left with just one to fight against. We communicated to each other about how this made us feel uncomfortable and I took time to stand on a pillar to observe the field. I think this CAN work with four players, but the field would need to be widened a little and lengthened a tad more. I think removing the extra player made it slow down and made it much less chaotic, but I think the slow may have slowed the game more than it needed.

I think if there was more field then there would be more reason for team play to get it across the field. Right now (and I do this myself) I mostly see people racing to the goal without much team play. 

The hit box for the goal could be fine-tuned because I and many other players can relate when we make a shot that flies out of the goal when it shouldn't. 

I also noticed that we can't wall run on the walls. I'm sure this was intentional but with the lack of mobility while holding the ball it would be nice to be able to wall run every once and a while.

It'd motivate players if conclave standing was increased, losing a match for new players who don't have a ton of conclave mods who tried their best against people who have tons of conclave mods on all their weapons and warframe to receive 0 conclave standing is a huge turn off.

Most of the PVP games I play even if you lose, you receive some kind exp or currency so you can progress or obtain better gear.

Keybinds are not functional. I have quick-melee bound to a separate button on my mouse, and melee (when a melee weapon is equipped) bound to left click so I can aim & WASD while performing combos. Currently, all I do is dash forward when I left click.

The game seems to register the Arcata as a melee weapon and a gun at the same time, which breaks my flawless super-elite pro-gamer keybindings.

50 minutes ago, Neah said:

There used to be red chevrons on top of enemy players' head (about the size of a Warframe's head) before the Lurano update dropped, which allows for easy recognition of enemy players. It was removed for some reason (which is not stated in the patch notes, btw.) and substituted with only Sun / Moon icons on top of your teammates' heads. You can only see allies' but not the enemy teams' icon. 

This made it quite difficult to distinguish enemy players from allies, sure you can just see who has an icon and who doesn't, but its not as obvious as it was before. Players with dark color schemes in the darker areas of the map are even harder to spot.

I wasn't here for that original look. Of course I can distinguish if I'm moving much slower but when we play fast-paced games like this we generally look at things with our peripheral vision so we need something more obvious than what is currently in place.

Might just be me, but I think there should be some more visual representation of team colors & when you have the ball.  Often times I have trouble seeing who is who when everyone is smacking each other to get at the ball & in that same instance I grab it and never realize it. 

Perhaps an appearance loadout similar to Equinox's metamorphosis button with a conclave color palette?

Also, more maps!

1 hour ago, Qynchou said:

Maps needs to be bigger, passes are irrelevant now, you can pretty much throw the ball across the entire map.

Same movement speed for all warframes, no exceptions.

I agree that larger maps would create more movement of the ball instead it just staying at one end (usually sun since they have the host on there team) and that it would encourage players to spread out more.

1 hour ago, Phasedragon said:

I don't believe there's any sort of bug here. The only issue in this case is that some players can rush it as soon as they all respawn, get it, and then slam dunk. Really, that's just a penalty for not paying attention. There are so many ways that the defenders can stop that, and if they would just grab it in the large amount of time that it takes for the opponent to get back into the zone, they wouldn't get dunked on.

That being said, there can be some host issues which cause some players to have control before others. This could be looked into.

And, if there was any argument to be made here, it would be to push back the zone that they have to leave to the half-court mark. I wouldn't be totally opposed to it, but at the same time, a lot of the issues with getting dunked on arise from incompetence from the defenders side, and I think that as the game matures, people will start to understand that and actually go for it, rather than effectively giving it to the enemy. It's all a matter of who gets it first, and the defenders already have a very clear advantage in that they spawn right on top of it.

In some cases it might because not paying attention, but I'm speaking about the moment it respawn. It's like the rules don't exist. I can grab it, but once again, the PVP issue appears and he just attack, knock down, take it and score. The defending team have the advantage the lunaro spawns on their side, but the attacking team have greater advantage because it's close to thier opponent's goal.

1 hour ago, Drufo said:

Nice work DE! It's really fun to play Lunaro :)

But, there are some things that could be changed to make it better (some point maybe are caused by the problem in the last point)

-when you catch the Lunaro, despite what happens in the tutorial in which there is a sound telling you you have it and how much time you have until it explode, most of the times in game this doesn't happen, so I ended having the Lunaro and realizing it only when it was too late

-players spam E to stunlock other players and a Lunaro carrier usually can't have it for more that 1 millisecond that someone already hit him making him drop the Lunaro. There should be some sort of limit to E spam, like 1/1,5 sec of invulnerability to stun when you catch the ball

-it's not really clear when/how you can pass the Lunaro to a mate, and as a consequence everybody tends to launch it at random

-the aim at times is a bit random 

-warframe speed could be increased a bit, .1 may suffice I think

-dash and throw controls could be switched, since throwing with the channeling key is a bit awkward and counteintuitive (at least for me)

-last point, but the most important one: LAG. It's a problem in general, in particular PvP, but Lunaro's pace is really really fast compared to other game modes, and the lag makes it nearly unplayable when it reaches alarming levels

Yeah the lag dose kinda make it hard especially since the team with the host on it (sun) usually wins.

Also if you want to play with friends as a team you can forget about it since there is no way to stay on teams with them. Implementing away to stay on a team with them or switch to there team would really help.  

21 minutes ago, ZinGrin said:

Might just be me, but I think there should be some more visual representation of team colors & when you have the ball.  Often times I have trouble seeing who is who when everyone is smacking each other to get at the ball & in that same instance I grab it and never realize it. 

Perhaps an appearance loadout similar to Equinox's metamorphosis button with a conclave color palette?

Also, more maps!

This certainly sounds cool.

Something I wish was implemented was a way to tell if you have the ball. Maybe the screen will flash briefly or the energy on the warframe will glow. I'm generally good at telling when I have the ball, but I don't want to have to look at my hoop to see if I have it or not.

I think more maps would be nice, but not too many. The Devs should really fix what's wrong with this map BEFORE they move on to any other maps.

It has been said, but here we go:

-Feels too slow

-the lag and the unfair matches are no fun

-Pass is "kinda" bugged because the way it is now it forces you to go full mele untill you can get the ball. A way to counter this is with the charge, but yea, still not enough

-curbe shots are tricky and dont feel intuitive at all

Overall, if you get a x vs x team its prety fun, a nice break from shooting, this made me want to go back to conclave, but i cant stand the lag(i live in europe and my internet sucks, so its also "my" fault :P)

Dedicated servers would surely help our lunaro a lot. Aside from what has been already said about checking having a cooldown and control mapping I think 10 minutes per a match is a bit too much. Shorter matches would allow you to jump from match to match quicker and not let that salt after losing kick in too fast, which would result in less people leaving the match and more fun overall for everyone.

Edited by Witcherlet

2 minutes ago, TheWhitterMatter said:

I honestly don't remember a time I've been able to use this mechanic at all, much less make it do something useful. Once again, it feels slowish.

I did some kinda good curbe shots, were the enemy team all go to the right and the ball goes to my teanmate on the left, but yea, the mayor problem is that is slow and so hard to do it right. The spin animation is really really slow.

It need work. Sometimes I can catch a ball with ease, sometimes it passes right through me.

Fouls need to be a thing, because right now as soon as you get the ball, whole opposite team wipes floor with you, it wouldn't be a problem if we were able to escape it somehow, but since we can't do bulletjumps with Lunaro, you can only hope that noone is going to hit you.

There should be a cooldown between throwing and catching Lunaro, few times I thrown it only to find out that I still have it in my hand. It maybe because of lags but when I move forward I just can't throw the ball, really annoying

And most importantly, give us a different sound when we catch the ball. When other players are close to me I can't tell If I cought the ball or someone else. We shouldn't have to look at our hand for 50% of the time

9 hours ago, duhadventure said:

I cannot tell who is on my team and who is not.

this^^

also smth else, checking should get a limit on it, because out of 3 matches, 2 of them all my team did is check, and they even check ME, I mean, why is friendly fire allowed here? might be a bug though....

still, checking should be a bit more tactical, maybe add a cooldown that triggers after hitting someone? or make it only stagger if ur carrying the lunaro, because on one match, the other team was cheesing us by that, a guy takes lunaro and scores it and other 2 keep stun-locking 2 of us, only left me and the other guy in a 1v1...

2 minutes ago, TheWhitterMatter said:

I honestly don't remember a time I've been able to use this mechanic at all, much less make it do something useful. Once again, it feels slowish.

I fell like a lot of the problems people are having end up going back to networking and the fact there are no dedicated servers and that games are hosted on one of the players clients.

Ran into a bug where I lost my ability to shoulder tackle/melee after being knocked down. I had to be knocked down again for them to be restored, which took around 4 minutes. (2 in first half, 2 in second half).

That aside, others probably said this, but, it's hard to tell who's on your team and who's not. It's also hard to tell when you have the ball. Moreover, as a suggestion, please disable bullet jumping when we have the ball.

But, minor complaints aside, I LOVE this mode. Can't wait to play more!

So I just tried playing Lunaro, and.... I can't. Like, it literally does not work as the introduction in the client told me it would. Using left mouse button causes me to shoulder charge into enemies, and then subsequent hits cause me to melee normally. But when I have the ball, I literally cannot throw it; LMB will cause me to continue to melee, and using RMB will, for some reason, cause me to continue generating that vortex thing. I can't throw the ball or perform quick melee. Is it something to do with my key bindings?

EDIT: Okay, I finally figured it out, and the melee is tied to... my melee channel button!? Really? Okay first and foremost in that case, allow us to modify controls specifically for the likes of Lunaro. That's really freaking confusing, and a real potential hassle for people with specific setups. Like me having melee channel set to tab and on toggle.

Edited by Synthoid

1) The melee charge needs to be removed/nerfed. I literally can't hold the ball for more than 3 seconds without it being knocked out.
2) Increase the hold-timer for the Lunaro. With your (unjustified) nerf of parkour, I can barely get anywhere.
3) Increase the size of the goals. Currently unless you hit directly inside the tiny circle, you won't get the goal.