Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

6 minutes ago, chofranc said:

Team sun always win because they always are the host -.-.

Maybe is the 2nd hotfix doing some troubles because this morning I won and lost half my games (around 10) playing the Moon team

Edited by Zachko2197

A short time of invulnerablity once you've got the ball might be a good idea. Just played a match now and picking up the ball, only to have it instantly knocked out of your hands weighs the game heavily in favour of the team with more players and better connection.

Yea, i started to play and i was able to play with myself and no body else, but i dont think thats a game problem... could be? Anyways, whenever i get the ball and press my LMB it just pushes me forward and thats it. The ball detonates after the allotted timer, and there is got to be like a bar or something... maybe around the crosshair to tell you, and i know someone already metioned that but still. Anyways, i love that you made a game like this, i just hope people can just get attracted to conclave, there are so many conclave rewards i wanna get but i have no random person who wants to play

This is very fun and interesting mode that have blast of a potential but:

1.Speed should be a bit faster

2.Still not sure if its for good or bad that we cant bulletjump etc. with ball

3.Everyone just spamming E and most of the time its just a mess and impossible to keep ball for more than a 1-2 second. Maybe a cooldown?

4. I noticed that sometimes timer just freeze till some team score.

5.If you dont have pre-made squad its practically a mess. Everyone just runs to a ball and try to shoot it to make a goal no passing/assistance and 9 from 10 games is no teamwork at all. Some better rewards/xp or buffs as a speed when successfully passed ball to make people use their squad mates and try to make a team working game mode. If theres gona be bigger playground with more players 6v6 etc. maybe consider doing a classes or similar thing (such as goal keeper that can stay only in "home" part of the playground to keep net save...

However with pre-made squads as ally and enemy team its damn sweet play. Making this mode great for Clan events or just some random tournaments.

Looking forward for more improvements.

EDIT:

6. Change of some daily challenges. If there is a challenge to score 4 goals in one match everyone just think of himself and isnt passing or playing as a team leading to lose or just running wildly around.

Edited by -AT-RedClown

1 hour ago, Zachko2197 said:

Maybe is the 2nd hotfix doing some troubles because this morning I won and lost half my games (around 10) playing the Moon team

By that i mean that if the sun team host is bad, you are going to lost cause the lag.

I hate how any player can just roll up point blank to the goal and just place it in. There needs to be a minimum radius around the goal that you're not able to pass, kinda like soccer/football or something. Make the goal slightly bigger to compensate for that area.

I also hate that if the enemy team scores, they can just clear the zone and instantly rush back in. Needs to be a 2 second timer that counts down as soon as the ball respawns after a goal that prevents players from entering immediately, or make them go back to their half of the field. idk. Something needs to be done to make this game mode less of a cluster fk.

Overall, there needs to be some countermeasure to the constant E melee spam because it really needs to be toned down, and passing should be more rewarding. Currently no one really thinks about it passing, and instead they just launch it to the other side of the field in hopes that they, or their enemy team gets it. 

Lastly, that connection issue bs. Man that ball looks and moves really glitchy if the host has a potato connection... 

Edited by Droughboi

Replays are a thing for viewers. I find it highly obnoxious, especially when you are on the receiving end, to have to watch a replay of the just scored goal.
We're in the match, we can notice a goal when it's scored.

What does the rest think? Obnoxious feature or do you enjoy the replays?

In addition to previous feedback:

• Have some latency issues or maybe checking spam where it will say I have the ball, but it will be gone before it seems anybody has actually reached me
  • Multiple occasions where bullet jumping into the ball mid-air doesn't let me keep the ball, not sure if that's unintended or just something I'm missing
  • Given that the ball holder can't slide -> bullet jump -> flip to cover lots of ground, perhaps having a slight speed boost while running could be implemented to help avoid pursuers (and make a better movement with the ball than spamming Shoulder checking)
  • Make the small circle immediately in front of the goal only accessible by that team (perhaps even only 1 at a time) to prevent goalpost clustering/dunking

Edit: Also, there's not much explanation on throwing curveballs. It seems to be random to me which way it curves. Not really sure what to do with it or how to aim it to have any sort of practical use.

Edited by Maicael

6 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Edit: Also, there's not much explanation on throwing curveballs. It seems to be random to me which way it curves. Not really sure what to do with it or how to aim it to have any sort of practical use.

No, It's always to the left.

For all it's worth though, I think Lunaro is fair. Maybe opponents should be teleported back to their own zone during replays or something, and I don't think many would be against using AIs for even teams, but it's still good. As for checking and up close goal scoring, doesn't seem out of the ordinary for a sport like this.

635954646781030539-AP-NAHL-Ice-Dogs-Toma

nigel-de-jong-xabi-bp.jpg

1. Remove tackles in order to shift defending players focus to interceptions and fielding the ball when opponents fumble/miss. This should also cut down on 'pileups' and will get rid of stunlocking completely.  

2. Double the current speed of bullet jumping to make interceptions more likely and make traveling from one end the field to the other a bit easier.

And just for fun:

3.Lower gravity .

Edited by windywisp

I love the game mode. But of course players look for the most cheap and exploitable things to gain the upper hand and make there opponents experience a living hell.

1st. Sun team always seems to win. Since they have host they seem to win 99% of the time. When I play on moon and watch replays I see myself 2 or 3 seconds behind for when I executed it on my screen. The ball a lot of times will go straight through me whilst i'm defending. Cant wait for the "dedicated servers".

2nd. THE SPAM CHECK! Never have I seen a more annoying thing in a video game in my life. Constant never ending staggers and knockdowns. I play defense a lot to try and avoid it. But there is always one guy who comes to our goal and just spam checks me the entire game. He doesn't score,defend or even try passing the ball. Just spam checks the defense. And it makes defending nearly impossible. Especially if your on Moon team where the ball is a bit laggy already. The stagger and knockdown needs to go completely. You can still knock a ball out of someones hand without the need for stagger. And maybe even a cool down on the Check. That way people need to time it to get the most instead of spamming there E key.

3rd. 1 (or 2) V 3's There have been many games where I have joined an already loosing team and it end up being us 2 vs 3 of them or it will be me vs 3. This is not fun in any way at all. Most times one person will stun lock you while the others score. They also have a distinct advantage since they can pass the ball to team mates and you cant do anything about it because your only one person : (

4th. Skill gap. There has also been many times where I have joined a team that clearly has no idea what there doing. And the other team is loaded with people who understand how to play. It ends of being a massacre for the non experienced team. Putting people who have similar stats against each other would be nice.

5th. Scoring a goal. Basically after a team has scored a goal they can pretty much come back and take the ball or score again immediately. After a team has scored they need to be teleported back to there side of the "court". This would make instantly coming back to spam check you or stealing the ball impossible.

Edited by williamsos10

So, after playing Lunaro for a bit, and getting punched/tackled more times than I can remember, here's a thing that came up to my mind to control the tackle/melee spam.

• Why not use energy spheres? Put them on top of the pillars.
  • Everyone has a max of 100 energy.
  • Using a tackle costs 50 energy
  • Using a Melee attack costs 25 energy
  • Using the pull of the claws drains 1 energy per second

My ideas on how to control the spam.

6 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

So, after playing Lunaro for a bit, and getting punched/tackled more times than I can remember, here's a thing that came up to my mind to control the tackle/melee spam.

this sounds kinda promising, actually.

I think it's amazing. Except 2 things.

Passing doesn't really work that well, usually when I pass it's when I want to score, and I can't pass when I want to because teammates are too far away.

Secondly, the skin for the catching thing should have the same shape as the default one IMO, it looks very different and not that good.

I have tons of fun in Lunaro, great mode.

6 minutes ago, williamsos10 said:

I love the game mode. But of course players look for the most cheap and exploitable things to gain the upper hand and make there opponents experience a living hell.

1st. Sun team always seems to win. Since they have host they seem to win 99% of the time. When I play on moon and watch replays I see myself 2 or 3 seconds behind for when I executed it on my screen. The ball a lot of times will go straight through me whilst i'm defending. Cant wait for the "dedicated servers".

2nd. THE SPAM CHECK! Never have I seen a more annoying thing in a video game in my life. Constant never ending staggers and knockdowns. I play defense a lot to try and avoid it. But there is always one guy who comes to our goal and just spam checks me the entire game. He doesn't score,defend or even try passing the ball. Just spam checks the defense. And it makes defending nearly impossible. Especially if your on Moon team where the ball is a bit laggy already. The stagger and knockdown needs to go completely. You can still knock a ball out of someones hand without the need for stagger. And maybe even a cool down on the Check. That way people need to time it to get the most instead of spamming there E key.

3rd. 1 (or 2) V 3's There have been many games where I have joined an already loosing team and it end up being us 2 vs 3 of them or it will be me vs 3. This is not fun in any way at all. Most times one person will stun lock you while the others score. They also have a distinct advantage since they can pass the ball to team mates and you cant do anything about it because your only one person : (

4th. Skill gap. There has also been many times where I have joined a team that clearly has no idea what there doing. And the other team is loaded with people who understand how to play. It ends of being a massacre for the non experienced team. Putting people who have similar stats against each other would be nice.

5th. Scoring a goal. Basically after a team has scored a goal they can pretty much come back and take the ball or score again immediately. After a team has scored they need to be teleported back to there side of the "court". This would make instantly coming back to spam check you or stealing the ball impossible.

1. A dedicated server would be nice, the problem is that DE is small, I'm not sure they even have the budget. I suppose anyone can set up a server if they're willing to do it for free.
  2. No, people would still complain about it/spam the check key. one thing I've noticed is that alot of the time I get checked from behind. I wonder if there's a way to add a UI thing to tell you if an opponent is behind you and where, that way you at least have a chance to dodge.
  3. Agreed, the game needs AI
  4. Understood, but just remember that doing that would marginalize the available games.
  5. YES!
Just now, Gabbynaru said:

no

Also, what's everyone's opinion about throwing a ball, and using check to launch it into the goal at high speeds from half court? Cause one of the games I played, a guy did that... and he was the highest scoring person.

13 minutes ago, Maicael said:

I just did a match and had it curve to the right. I've gone in the practice arena and had it curve both directions.

It's always curved to the left for me.

Oh and before I forget. Passing. Can I please get some sort of overhead icon on my team mates so I know who I'm supposed to pass to instead of having to search the feald for them and get checked?