Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement Post-Update: Lunaro

NezuHimeSama

32 minutes ago, MithrilDragon said:

No idea what people are complaining about.  I haven't noticed any change to movement.

In a nutshell it's a problem for the many that mastered;

2 hours ago, Weidro said:

bulletjump > double jump > roll in midair

thats what this is about

If you've used this for months on end, you'd instinctively know it's been touched. And if people now say that rolling in mid-air to gain further momentum was a glitch/or bug as coptering was, then you're simply incorrect. It is merely a technique that is used to gain further velocity of a Bullet Jump, nothing more, no exploit. 

One large reason people are peeved off is because Parkour 2.0 was well balance before this, and there's little legit reasons to touch it now, especially since PvP and PvE are suppose to be entirely separate entities from one another and Parkour has been untouched for nearly a year if not more.

However the trend has become that some PvP mods are becoming a part of PvE, and now this. You could say that PvP and PvE are slowly being intergrated, much to the behest of the community. 

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase

The problem is, that before, by doing double jump + roll, you used to aquire momentum and increase velocity every next time you perform the combo. Now all the momentum is gone, you cannot aquire momentum anymore and you travel at the same speed no matter what . SLOWPOKES

Since i can't game into the game right now, i have to ask: what exactly did they changed?

I often would go around with combo "bullet jump + slide OR bullet jump + double jump + slide".

But in the changes they talk about timed ROLL and bullet jump... Which never was the thing for me, unless by ROLL they mean SLIDE. Are those the same things or i'm getting confused here?

1 hour ago, ShinJeong said:

So true... I agree with that.

It was awesome to be super fast with Nezha. But now.. mehh...

The sad thing is, even if you avoid double jumping alltogether, the game sometimes uses the 'spin' jump animation even on the first jump, so you can't reliably control or avoid it <.<

It appears to be a separate issue from the loss of momentum gained by rolling - I should've specified that in my earlier post. This is clearly a bug and needs to go.

1 hour ago, Sangiros said:

You're supposed to RUN As your main movement.W+Shift, that's all it SHOULD be.

If you keep rushing every single mission by "wavedashing" abuse, then OF COURSE it's gonna get nerfed. We kept warning you that that's not how it's supposed to be.

You're supposed not to force your play style onto others. If you want to be a snail, that's fine really but don't act all wise while totally missing the point. If this change was aimed at reducing the overall speed in PvE, they could've done so a year ago when Parkour 2.0 was launched. The only reason for the change is Lunaro; compromising the PvE part in the process should never happen, yet they didn't think it through, let alone play test it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)JaviOnTheRocks said:

A proper parkour would imply building momentum on the ground and using that when jumping, sliding or wall running (running, not bunny hopping), not getting a magical boost mid-air but neither being slowed down for no good reason.

Basically you'd feel you are flowing through the map... sort of like you'd do in Mirror's Edge but without the complexity and many of the physical limitations of a human.

I don't think parkour 2.0 achieves that, even though it seems (at least back until this patch) to try to make up for the loss of speed with specific boosting tricks that increased the average when used as meta for movement.

Even while obviously useful, things like the jump-jump-roll speed boost feel awkward and artificial, and a poor replacement for a proper parkour system.

While I agree that it wasn't perfect by any means, it still allowed for a variety of possibilities. Nezha's slide into double jumps (without rolls most of the time) which fell victim as well might be the closest to your described building momentum and translate it into jumping. It took me a good bunch of time not to do bullet jumps (since it essentially uses the same keys but you aren't allowed to press them together) because you're so used to the normal means of moving. Though, it certainly felt unique once you got the hang of it. (It still does but it's just discouraging and irritating to be forced not to use double jumps at all.)

1 hour ago, ButterLutter said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I seem to miss something fundamentally with the changes. What do you mean with "horizontal stop"? I kept jumping around like a maniac and seem to not understand what you mean because i never get an abrupt stop.

The last few seconds i am sprinting because i am totally agreeing with -CM-Emptiness that running is now faster than bulletjumping. Not. Its super slow and without proper mods noway faster.

Sliding isn't the same as bullet jumping. You have to let go of the slide button before jumping in order not to bullet jump and to see the mid-air stop on the second jump. Bullet jumps reset momentum even before the update which is the reason why you wouldn't want to use it at all while playing Nezha.

Just played the game and noticed very little difference really. Even if the previous roll movement combo was faster, the current iteration seems plenty fast enough already. Anyway, why would you need to be EVEN faster when there are enemies to murder and a game to actually play?

ALSO please chill out. Stop acting like the end is nigh and talking trash on the devs. They are people too. I know you're upset but please make conversation instead of hate.

Gonna be honest, I don't really care.  I discovered that I could fly at absurd speeds the first week I played, and it felt so exploitey and glitchy I came to terms with the fact that it would probably be nerfed long ago.  I would just bullet jump, slide, jump woah wait where did all this speed come from.  It's like I had a bunch of momentum in my pants that I could pull out at any time while flipping off physics with one hand and gravity with the other.

Sure I can't cross every single pit in the game in one bound, but I'm still moving pretty dang fast and can cross almost every pit in the game.

All of you who dont see the difference - you never even knew the momentum achieved by doing the combo. You never even knew how to do it and had never done it before. That`s why you don`t notice a difference. Only people who know how we used to accelerate will understand.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed inflammatory remark

28 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

If you don't bullet + double + roll... Please refer to my video on the first page showing two frames of equal sprint speed with one being an obvious winner by 7 seconds.

Sprint speed multipliers problem seems to be a bug and will be fixed:

44 minutes ago, Reaper-God said:

All of you who dont see the difference - you never even knew the momentum achieved by doing the combo. You never even knew how to do it and had never done it before. That`s why you don`t notice a difference. Only people who know how we used to accelerate will understand.

If you want to bash people giving their own thoughts and feedback after testing, telling them to not talk at all. Then I don't see the point of your discussion and it should be ignored.

On to the topic, I do see some changes in terms of not being able to slide+double jump after gaining enough speed, it did make players go at mach 10 speeds if you kept it up.

From Parkour 2.0 to Parkour 2.n0erf.. Thanks god CPU dead, so can charge abit sanity batteries for some weeks.

6 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

After further testing, I honestly see no changes at all. And I've used that keystroke ever since Parkour 2.0 was released.

I still cover great distances.

From laptop hardly see changes to bullet jump+roll, but double jump+roll, huge difference. (that's big hit to Ivara prowl movement speed...)

1 minute ago, Nopy117 said:

Did they not specify it was intended to only be a PvP change?

Fixed gaining an unintended amounts of sudden velocity when rolling in perfect timing with a double jump. A Developer note here: the parkour combination is still possible and remains an effective way to maneuver and travel forward if you have mastered the keystrokes. - from Lunaro update notes

Just now, Reaper-God said:

Fixed gaining an unintended amounts of sudden velocity when rolling in perfect timing with a double jump. A Developer note here: the parkour combination is still possible and remains an effective way to maneuver and travel forward if you have mastered the keystrokes. - from Lunaro update notes

So they didn't specify.

Just now, Nopy117 said:

So they didn't specify.

I'm afraid the announced bug fix has nothing to do with the two issues of 'fixed' rolling momentum gain (described as 'unintended') and bugged double jump slowdown (not described at all).

2 minutes ago, Reaper-God said:

Fixed gaining an unintended amounts of sudden velocity when rolling in perfect timing with a double jump. A Developer note here: the parkour combination is still possible and remains an effective way to maneuver and travel forward if you have mastered the keystrokes.

I'll reserve any judgement until the patch hits.

Just now, -CM-Emptiness said:

One can only hope it was unintended.

The sprint multiplier mix-up was unintended and will be fixed, the roll 'fix' is intended for everywhere in the game as it's not listed under Conclave in the patch notes. The double jump issue remains without comment yet.