The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro Ki'Teer 17/06/2016 and Primed Pressure Point [Megathread]

iwoply

3 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Still it's not like melee aren't the most over-powered thing because of blood rush / body count hm ?

That's not a problem with melee or base damage mods, but rather the sizable advantage that crit weapons enjoy over non-crit weapons.

You're focusing on the wrong issue.

8 minutes ago, Eggplants said:

jZWHqVm.png

Didn't DE said, they want to look at the mandatory mods (Serration, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point, Point Blank) and remove it (Leveling a weapon would increase it's damage)? Maybe i misunderstood it, but if i did i wasn't the only one. Looks like this "mandatory" mods will stay in the game.

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

That's not a problem with melee or base damage mods, but rather the sizable advantage that crit weapons enjoy over non-crit weapons.

You're focusing on the wrong issue.

The wrong issue ? I'm talking about blood rush, isn't that the exact issue ?

Non crit weapons won't be more viable thanks to primed pressure point, it'll just add some level to the max lvl enemies these weapon can beat, crit weapons will beneficit way more of this mod.

Spoiler

It's Primed [broken] Pressure Point

I'm not bothered mind you but my real worry is that they're going to remove mods like Serration, Hornets Strike, Point Blank and Pressure Point.

So is there even a point to getting it and/or leveling it if they're just going to remove it in a few weeks with U19?

6 minutes ago, Monchopin said:

Isn't 528 cores for a 45% increase in damage when compared to regular Pressure Point's 120% a bit too mediocre?

It's a direct buff to every single kind of melee if you are to invest into it. And melee is pretty strong already, so it's a fine consensus between allowing to grind your power up and not making something plainly overpowered and mandatory. 

1 minute ago, The-Tective said:

Didn't DE said, they want to look at the mandatory mods (Serration, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point, Point Blank) and remove it (Leveling a weapon would increase it's damage)? Maybe i misunderstood it, but if i did i wasn't the only one. Looks like this "mandatory" mods will stay in the game.

Seriously, crap like that is what keeps prolonging my vacation from Warframe.

Primed mods should not exist. They talking about balance and mandatory mod revisiting and solving but they made and added mods which clearly ruining the system. Otherwise that won't be good if our weapons automaticly improving by level because everything will be the same just with less fun mods applied on them. Damage mods needs to keep our frames alive and viable in higher levels but alot of mods are currently useless or uttery bad and the modding system itself just improves the chances to survive but won't make us skilled.

I think that removing flat damage mods not a solution because then other mods will be mandatory and the damage what those mods provided will be provided by other metholds which is exact the same what we have now just we can say we removed those mods. 

My suggestion is keep those mods just turn down them a little bit and boost those mods which not viable because not add enough weight into the arsenal.

Like in damage 1.0 the fury was +60% attack speed then they nerfed it into 30% then added primed fury. These bandaiding not solve any problems just generate one more.

I think this mod a long side many other things were pre-made and was released when it was/ were picked by RNG, i could be wrong.

And i do hope mandatory mods gets removed and MR add damage/ critical chance/ status etc etc instead to give us reasons to increase the MR and make it more relevant! 

I do think releasing THIS mod wasn't a good move since it only add 45% more melee damage which isn't that much, so 500+ gold cores / millions of credits are rather wasted but that just me.

I will get it for sure but won't touch it yet!

Edited by Prinny13

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

They give us something we've been asking for...for a while, but we know that DE intends to take mods like this away within a year.

It feels dirty, imo.

That's the point... why put a new mod like this if they'll remove it and struggle to compensate us with fuse core and stuff.

11 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Dude stop complaining about baro finally bringing some useful stuff <.<

Sorry I complain over stuff whether it's OP/useful or not, I like balance and logical stuff.

Like why on earth are crit weapons able to reach 300% crit chance while non crit weapon can't deal with any grineer above lvl 100

10 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Sometimes I have no idea what DE are thinking.

This and so much this. Looking at things like stradavar or sortie season 7, i can't really say anything against this statement but agree.

We got primed fury and primed point blank which are straight upgrades. Why can't pressure point be one? Or at least, give it more. It costs 5 more points only for +45% more damage. Why just why.

Who know, DE says a lot of things that take awhile to implement and they are always good at compensation.  

It's only 165% at max rank so hardly game changing (15% per rank).  Pressure point at 120% is much easier to max and doesn't require forma to fit it in.  This is a late game specialty mod.

Melee needs a boost.  I disagree in a good spot, covert lethality does not need this mod at all (your stagger example).  Sure melee mops floor at low level but so does everything, on tier 3 sorties, going all melee requires specific builds.  This opens doors...

I like it. 

2 minutes ago, damnfish20 said:

As if melee didn't already have ridiculous damage when combined with body count and blood rush. We need it to be higher?

That only works well with a few frames or Naramon though.

Edit: and only with crit melee

Edited by djternan

16 minutes ago, Ziegrif said:

DE has mentioned in the past that they intend to remove mandatory damage mods so why add Primed Pressure point into the mix now?

well i had the same question tho

but probably when damage 3.0 is a thing they will change how damage/mandatory mod work or change to smth new.

Edited by Shafilp