The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro Ki'Teer 17/06/2016 and Primed Pressure Point [Megathread]

iwoply

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

165% > 120%

All you need to know.

If you're that far into the "end game" the cost of maxing PPP isn't a big deal. I maxed it on silver cores. Because I had them. Just sayin'...

Regardless, it's better and combined with weapons like the Nikana Prime or Fragor Prime, it's just that much more better. What DE chooses to do later on doesn't concern me that much. I'll deal with it when it happens. Until then, it's more mayhem and that's more better.

4 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

165% > 120%

The former requires a higher investment than the latter.

Seems like pretty sound logic to me.

Except that the scaling isn't consistent.

At rank 5, both Pressure Point mods should be providing the same damage boost, then Primed PP can go farther to 165%, just like every other Primed mod out there.

Here, it makes no sense, like DE just up and changed the rules.

Edited by Alma_Elma

2 minutes ago, Multicom-EN- said:

Yeah it's logical, but compared to other Primed mods the buff is only minor and definitely not worth all the extra cores and credits needed when the normal version required so little.

In terms of prevalence of use, Prime Pressure Point is a much more useful mod. Even Primed Point Blank is worthless if you don't use shotguns much (like me) but - theoretically - you should always have a melee equipped, and thus, should always have this mod equipped.

Whether it's 'worth it' is an entirely subjective judgment based on the number of resources at your disposal. If you had 10,000 Legendary Cores, it would be 'worth it' even if it was only 5% better than Pressure Point.

Instead of buffing much needed Melee weapons (MaS#&$ty, Can opener, etc) and Exalted Blade a tiny bit, they just band aid it with a PRIMED MOD. Come on DE what's next? Primed Body Count? Rework Melees and Melee combo meter and remove these now mandatory mods. DMG 3.0 doesn't seem like a bright future.

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

In terms of prevalence of use, Prime Pressure Point is a much more useful mod. Even Primed Point Blank is worthless if you don't use shotguns much (like me) but - theoretically - you should always have a melee equipped, and thus, should always have this mod equipped.

Whether it's 'worth it' is an entirely subjective judgment based on the number of resources at your disposal. If you had 10,000 Legendary Cores, it would be 'worth it' even if it was only 5% better than Pressure Point.

I get your point, really, I do.No need for feeding me like a baby. What I'm saying is, compared to other Primed mods such as Primed Heated Charge for example, this buff is minor in comparison, yet it still costs the same to max out. But a buff is a buff I suppose. 

7 minutes ago, NN13 said:

Its the matter of costing more resource yet being worse than Normal counterpart.

When did 165% become worse than 120%? It amazes me that people can get a straight upgrade to their overpowered melee weapons and say "it isn't enough of a buff!" The whole point of Primed mods is they allow vets with plenty of resources to squeeze a little more out of their weapons. They aren't supposed to be affordable or reasonable or used by everyone regardless of MR.

My complaint is that this mod is too strong. Melee was crazily overpowered before we had this mod and now it's more so. I thought DE was trying to balance things?

39 minutes ago, Monchopin said:

I have two major concerns regarding this:

1) Weren't you going to remove flat damage mods for damage 3.0? Why add more?

2) Isn't 528 cores for a 45% increase in damage when compared to regular Pressure Point's 120% a bit too mediocre?

34 minutes ago, djternan said:

Primed damage mods shouldn't exist in the first place.  If a weapon class needs a buff that bad then the weapon class should get a buff, not a mandatory primed mod.

If you look at the mod at R7 it costs 11 capacity and gives +120% damage.  The regular version gives +120% damage and costs 9.

I disagree about the damage mods shouldnt exist, it gives players who can afford it (grinders or older players)
 an edge over those who can't (regular players, new players)

if someone feels the game should be equal for all, maybe they should look for a different kind of game

18 minutes ago, Pyus said:

zXZO0v2.png

Are you serious? Is this some kind of joke?

came here to rant about the same thing

DE could make the starting capacity of Rank 0 either 0, 1 or 2 capacity to give this mod an edge over the normal variant of pressure point

imo a primed mod should be better than the old version, can't really say its better, it just has a slightly higher cap, but its worse overall...

Primed Pistol Gambit was a bit of a letdown, but considering it has a lower start capacity it was still acceptable, but this is not the case with Primed Pressure Point

it's just bad

it requires 16x the fusion energy to get it to on par with + Melee Damage with a maxed Pressure Point

not that I need the mod capacity, but thinking DE will not be buffing this because it would give too much of a boost to melee

at least lower the capacity cost for it.

it just feels wrong using this mod now

Yes, it gives higher numbers, but not as high as you think. If you max it, you will only get 20% more DPS.  2.65/2.2=1.2 . You have to use 528 rare cores to get to that point. Unlike primed pistol gambit, which has less crit chance per rank than the normal version(17% vs 20% per rank), PPP's base drain is not decreased(pimed pistol gambit has base drain of 2 while normal has base drain of 4). 

This only rewards min-maxers who are willing to use an extra forma in their melee weapons to get a 20% increase in damage, and have 500+ rare cores laying around.

1 minute ago, Multicom-EN- said:

I get your point, really, I do.No need for feeding me like a baby. What I'm saying is, compared to other Primed mods such as Primed Heated Charge for example, this buff is minor in comparison, yet it still costs the same to max out. But a buff is a buff I suppose. 

It's inconsistent, yes. But everything always has been in Warframe -- why was Point Blank not 10 ranks from the beginning? Who knows.

I'm just saying that inconsistency doesn't make Prime Pressure Point a bad mod. It's still going to beat out vanilla Pressure Point 10 out of 10 times assuming you have the cores to rank it up and the mod capacity to equip it.

10 minutes ago, Apokita said:

WHY do you think Prime ppoint should be like ppointblank, melee does not need more damage,

Have you tried shotguns in this game? Sancti tigris does 21x the amount of damage per shot than the Dakra Prime does before mods. In a full blast from the Sancti you'll do 42x the damage a Dakra Prime is capable. 42 swings. That'll take quite a while.

But yeah, you're right, why should PPP work the same way as PPB, shotguns are clearly in a bad position.

The current damage mods and additional mods supposed to be fun mods only problem these mods not give enough room for other mods. Removing them won't solve the mandatory mod problems because there are other mods which can take those positions. They need compensate us not only with cores but alternative weapon buffing metholds if they want us to go high level missions. Personally I don't mind the damage and multishot mods because those mods are limited in space and all have capacity needs so once they paid their price. 

Other mod alternatives come alive if they finally give alternative level progression.

5 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

When did 165% become worse than 120%? It amazes me that people can get a straight upgrade to their overpowered melee weapons and say "it isn't enough of a buff!" The whole point of Primed mods is they allow vets with plenty of resources to squeeze a little more out of their weapons. They aren't supposed to be affordable or reasonable or used by everyone regardless of MR.

My complaint is that this mod is too strong. Melee was crazily overpowered before we had this mod and now it's more so. I thought DE was trying to balance things?

melee isnt that strong as you make it believe, it should by anything be the strongest of all weapons, considering it has almost no range compared to guns...

next to that, the problem here is that the primed version of this mod is just worse than the normal version in regard to the ammount is needed to get the same ammount of damage increase

but this has all been explained above, if you have a different opinion over this, then lets just agree to disagree or show some hard facts with empirical evidence as has been provided in the examples above

Edited by BlackVortex

4 minutes ago, -CM-Voltage said:

Instead of buffing much needed Melee weapons (MaS#&$ty, Can opener, etc) and Exalted Blade a tiny bit, they just band aid it with a PRIMED MOD. Come on DE what's next? Primed Body Count? Rework Melees and Melee combo meter and remove these now mandatory mods. DMG 3.0 doesn't seem like a bright future.

Pretty sure DE's going to pull an even larger band aid-solution by removing all of our damage mods and giving us legendary cores as compensation by the time Damage 3.0 hits the floor.

1 minute ago, Multicom-EN- said:

But a buff is a buff I suppose. 

Pretty much this.

It's better. So you use it if you have the means.

The scaling is weird, but it doesn't matter. It's better and if you're are at that point of gilding the lilly in the game, it's worth it. If you were struggling to max even one legendary, then, no, I wouldn't recommend bothering with this. That's a judgement call. Objectively, however, it is better.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Have you tried shotguns in this game? Sancti tigris does 21x the amount of damage per shot than the Dakra Prime does before mods. In a full blast from the Sancti you'll do 42x the damage a Dakra Prime is capable. 42 swings.

You clearly don't use melee very much. These numbers are extremely misleading and ignore the various multipliers that melee tends to get. I've done 2 hour melee-only T4 survivals, where I was still wrecking level 290+ bombards. Pretty sure the Sancti Tigris would have fallen completely off long before then.