The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Prime Vault Feedback

Multicom-EN-

16 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

I mean, this isn't any different from any other luxury item. Personally, I wouldn't pay five thousand dollars for a diamond ring. I don't want a diamond ring that badly. But if I did, finding that same ring for four thousand dollars would be a fantastic deal.

But it is different.  When you buy that ring, you have property with value.  When you buy a digital item locked into a game, that money is spent and you have nothing of monetary value.  I don't see us as disagreeing on the big picture here. :)

11 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Yes, exactly, with the caveat that whether or not it's grossly overpriced is also subjective. I mean, this isn't any different from any other luxury item. Personally, I wouldn't pay five thousand dollars for a diamond ring. I don't want a diamond ring that badly. But if I did, finding that same ring for four thousand dollars would be a fantastic deal. For those who like the Targis Prime armor enough to pay the price that's been set for it, the PV is a very good deal.

Buying a luxury item would mean that you own a luxury item. You don't even own your in-game account, you're merely using it. Hell, even an expensive meal at the fancy restaurant is something you'd own even if for a time. XD

So if I'm tossing my money at something I don't actually own I think it's completely fine to ask for a deal that respects my interests as a customer. After all I'm also taking a risk ya know. Especially when the money in question is no pocket change. Current PV deal, however, only contains 1 item I'd want, 1 which I might use (don't want or need it tho) and 3 useless dupes. That's like insulting to a paying customer.

4 hours ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Buying a luxury item would mean that you own a luxury item. You don't even own your in-game account, you're merely using it. Hell, even an expensive meal at the fancy restaurant is something you'd own even if for a time. XD

So if I'm tossing my money at something I don't actually own I think it's completely fine to ask for a deal that respects my interests as a customer. After all I'm also taking a risk ya know. Especially when the money in question is no pocket change. Current PV deal, however, only contains 1 item I'd want, 1 which I might use (don't want or need it tho) and 3 useless dupes. That's like insulting to a paying customer.

Distinction without a difference. It's not something you need, it's something that makes you look nice. The price for it is—rightfully—entirely a matter of what the merchant feels will generate the best profit margin.

And yes, sure you can ask that the price be modified. But DE is going to balance that request against their interests as a merchant, and thus far it doesn't seem like a lower price meets their requirements. The people here calling that a 'slap in the face' or 'DE not listening to us' or whatever? I don't have a whole lot of respect for that. Listening to someone doesn't mean agreeing with them, and making a good business decision isn't an insult. If DE wanted to take advantage of its players, they'd still be charging for revives.

30 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

If DE wanted to take advantage of its players, they'd still be charging for revives.

That's possibly the silliest reasoning you could've used. They totally did it to save users plat yeh... Nothing to do with their being game far less playable, new player approachable and therefore less marketable.

28 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Distinction without a difference. It's not something you need, it's something that makes you look nice. The price for it is—rightfully—entirely a matter of what the merchant feels will generate the best profit margin.

And yes, sure you can ask that the price be modified. But DE is going to balance that request against their interests as a merchant, and thus far it doesn't seem like a lower price meets their requirements. The people here calling that a 'slap in the face' or 'DE not listening to us' or whatever? I don't have a whole lot of respect for that. Listening to someone doesn't mean agreeing with them, and making a good business decision isn't an insult. If DE wanted to take advantage of its players, they'd still be charging for revives.

The main glaring issue with owning stuff which I've brought up, is that according to EULA your account can be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all. Also there's no warranty of any sort and type. So ecessially you aren't buying armor, you are giving a donation to the company which in turn grants you the... uh... it's not even licence, just individual access to a specific bit of content which can end at any moment.

So with that in mind, this is why I mentioned "risks" when talking about the offer made. In our situation lots of us like and trust DE enough to cash out and buy some digital bling. Sure enough it's not realistically worth 60$ but we as customers are willing to overlook that bit (or have way too much disposable income so 60$ IS pocket change to some). So the 1% aside, we (normal blokes) are making a rather important spending decision. It's only natural that in return for our cash we expect to receive something nice, something which in our case right now won't cost DE as much as to just set a few values and making a nice new HTML page as all of the content in question is already in game.

In fact, I see that plenty of people don't even ask for a price reduction actually, just to either get something more useful like boosters or BPs and parts so they could make some plat on the Market. But I guess nobody cares about us, fossils, or maybe we are expected to give in to the "armor fever" and ignore everything else. In any case, Imma going to the Steam sales, just thought I'd give my 2 cents on the situation.

11 hours ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

The main glaring issue with owning stuff which I've brought up, is that according to EULA your account can be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all. Also there's no warranty of any sort and type. So ecessially you aren't buying armor, you are giving a donation to the company which in turn grants you the... uh... it's not even licence, just individual access to a specific bit of content which can end at any moment.

So with that in mind, this is why I mentioned "risks" when talking about the offer made. In our situation lots of us like and trust DE enough to cash out and buy some digital bling. Sure enough it's not realistically worth 60$ but we as customers are willing to overlook that bit (or have way too much disposable income so 60$ IS pocket change to some). So the 1% aside, we (normal blokes) are making a rather important spending decision. It's only natural that in return for our cash we expect to receive something nice, something which in our case right now won't cost DE as much as to just set a few values and making a nice new HTML page as all of the content in question is already in game.

In fact, I see that plenty of people don't even ask for a price reduction actually, just to either get something more useful like boosters or BPs and parts so they could make some plat on the Market. But I guess nobody cares about us, fossils, or maybe we are expected to give in to the "armor fever" and ignore everything else. In any case, Imma going to the Steam sales, just thought I'd give my 2 cents on the situation.

The "risk" argument doesn't fly. You take the same risk with any online game you put money into. If WoW goes dark tomorrow, all those players who sunk real money into fancy mounts and whatever else are left with nothing but screenshots. Same with LoL, same with EVE, same with... well, like I said, any online game you put money into.

And what you get with the PV pack is 1200 plat. I honestly don't understand the complaints about "getting something more useful" when you get 1200 plat. For ten bucks more than the original accessories pack, that's an incredibly good deal. There is absolutely no reason to complain.

Honestly, I feel like DE would get fewer complaints if they sold the Prime Vault accessories separately—for $60—and included nothing extra but the 1200 plat. Nobody would be complaining about getting stuff they don't want, they'd just say "If I buy $60 worth of plat, they give me this free armor!"

20 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

And what you get with the PV pack is 1200 plat. I honestly don't understand the complaints about "getting something more useful" when you get 1200 plat. For ten bucks more than the original accessories pack, that's an incredibly good deal. There is absolutely no reason to complain.

Honestly, I feel like DE would get fewer complaints if they sold the Prime Vault accessories separately—for $60—and included nothing extra but the 1200 plat. Nobody would be complaining about getting stuff they don't want, they'd just say "If I buy $60 worth of plat, they give me this free armor!"

Yeh you don't get it because you need the plat. Many of us don't need plat mate, therefore the bonus plat holds absolutely no value to us. So instead of thinking of it as "I bought this armour for $60 and got 1200 plat for free", you need to realise that from our perspective it's "I bought this armour for $60  and got some gear and plat I will never use with it".

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Yeh you don't get it because you need the plat. Many of us don't need plat mate, therefore the bonus plat holds absolutely no value to us. So instead of thinking of it as "I bought this armour for $60 and got 1200 plat for free", you need to realise that from our perspective it's "I bought this armour for $60  and got some gear and plat I will never use with it".

And I bought that armor for $50 and got some boosters I didn't need or want. I'm having trouble seeing the difference. You'd rather have the boosters, and I'd have rather had the plat. We're both looking at paying basically the same price for stuff we're actually interested in.

1 hour ago, motorfirebox said:

And I bought that armor for $50 and got some boosters I didn't need or want. I'm having trouble seeing the difference. You'd rather have the boosters, and I'd have rather had the plat. We're both looking at paying basically the same price for stuff we're actually interested in.

No cos I don't want boosters either, I have no need of them.

2 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Atleast boosters are useful compared to copies of prime gear we already have. There goes the 60$ value down the drain for veterans.

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

No cos I don't want boosters either, I have no need of them.

That doesn't really change my point.

9 minutes ago, Multicom-EN- said:

Atleast boosters are useful compared to copies of prime gear we already have. There goes the 60$ value down the drain for veterans.

Maybe boosters would be useful to you. Me, I'm already swimming in more resources than I can use, and I play enough that the xp booster is immaterial.

Like I've said before, this is how it works: the armor costs $50 or $60, depending on when you buy it. The stuff that comes with it is just packing material. If you want the armor, that's how much you're going to pay for it.

What annoys me the most, is that there has been backlash with Frosts back since day 1, an 8 months pause, with discussion inbetween, more discussion in the past month before the release, then a megathread, and multiple other threads, including this 20 page one.

And not a single response.

I'm just thinking DE doesn't really care.

I think people are overlooking two things.

First, the vault packs aren't aimed at veteran players, but rather new players who don't have mag. Those players are getting a really good deal.

Second, DE is sticking by the players who got the original prime access with the tagris armor. Those people paid a certain price fire this accessory and so as not to make it seem like they were ripped off, this prime vault has a certain price tag attached. This way the original purchase is not devalued, and the players who supported the game originally are not left feeling ripped off. "why buy prime access when I can get the vault release later for cheaper". DE cannot please all players and chose to stand behind those that actually supported them. From a loyal business perspective that is the right move.

I haven't purchased the targis pa nor the current pv, why shoukd DE pander to a player like me? That's not to say I don't spend money on the game, I'm just very selective about it.

On 3.7.2016 at 2:25 PM, TaylorsContraction said:

I think people are overlooking two things.

First, the vault packs aren't aimed at veteran players, but rather new players who don't have mag. Those players are getting a really good deal.

Second, DE is sticking by the players who got the original prime access with the tagris armor. Those people paid a certain price fire this accessory and so as not to make it seem like they were ripped off, this prime vault has a certain price tag attached. This way the original purchase is not devalued, and the players who supported the game originally are not left feeling ripped off. "why buy prime access when I can get the vault release later for cheaper". DE cannot please all players and chose to stand behind those that actually supported them. From a loyal business perspective that is the right move.

I haven't purchased the targis pa nor the current pv, why shoukd DE pander to a player like me? That's not to say I don't spend money on the game, I'm just very selective about it.

So players who have played a long time but never got the Targis armor set should be "punished"? 

A separate pack for the same price but rather filled with boosters instead of the prime gear would be pleasing to everyone in the community, i think.

3 hours ago, Multicom-EN- said:

So players who have played a long time but never got the Targis armor set should be "punished"? 

A separate pack for the same price but rather filled with boosters instead of the prime gear would be pleasing to everyone in the community, i think.

Boosters or BP's for the items.  I'd happily buy that, if I could have the BP's.  

18 hours ago, Multicom-EN- said:

And this is what TONNES of people have been saying for almost a year now, and last time De talked about the topic was 8 months ago when Frost came out.

I think they simply don;t care anymore. 

the prime vault has a point In not making farming impossible......

There is a double edged sword in making cosmetic packs it may take away sales for warframe to function and if a cosmetic pack is added the may make more gross income with the demand on forums right now tho it may be a good idea for a quick income

I must say tho I would never make them individual because 1 market wouldn't be able to show them all and 2 they would lose profits majorly

5 hours ago, (XB1)Itz chibi said:

the prime vault has a point In not making farming impossible......

There is a double edged sword in making cosmetic packs it may take away sales for warframe to function and if a cosmetic pack is added the may make more gross income with the demand on forums right now tho it may be a good idea for a quick income

I must say tho I would never make them individual because 1 market wouldn't be able to show them all and 2 they would lose profits majorly

I suppose. Most people just want a separate pack with boosters and whatnot or the primeparts instead of the damn sets we own from beforehand.

16 minutes ago, Multicom-EN- said:

I'm going to keep bumping this until I see a clear response from one of the devs.

Doesn't look like they care. Oh well, better hope I can get that blade before the unvaulting is over... (and seeing as buying the Prime Accessories Pack is apparently something that backfires later I'll be reconsidering my habit of buying it just to support DE)

31 minutes ago, marelooke said:

Doesn't look like they care. Oh well, better hope I can get that blade before the unvaulting is over... (and seeing as buying the Prime Accessories Pack is apparently something that backfires later I'll be reconsidering my habit of buying it just to support DE)

:/

On June 26, 2016 at 10:27 PM, Chipputer said:

Guess people better be mad that the 60 dollar game they bought, on release, is now 20 bucks a few years later. That's so unfair, man. Like, really.

yea IKR. Sheesh dude my cod from 2007 is now 10 dollars? so unfair man.