The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Oberon's Passive Won't Be Changed, Can We Get An Option To Disable Passives?

MegpoidBeetle

After weeks of using Oberon ever since his passive came out, all I can say about his passive is:

• Downright situational
  • Annoying at times
  • Only useful when I'm not attempting to attack enemies myself (???)

Smite and Reckoning can already make every enemy turn on each other, why did he had to get a passive that only works with wildlifes that lasts for 20 seconds? Not only that, the passive takes time to activate hence it could happen while I'm attempting to murder that Hyekka that knocked me down and annoyed me with its buggy pathfinding. I'd honestly rather not have this passive enabled at all. Unless they're planning to remove the duration on his passive and make it permanent that wildlifes assist Oberon, I'd like a "Disable passive" button for all Warframes. 

Nyx' passive is even worse I'd say, not-a-proper-passive discussions aside,
having your Mind Control priority targets be randomly disarmed ... URGH

So yeah, if changes just aren't going to happen anytime soon,
making (at least non-straight-buff) passives optional gets a big:thumbup:from me.

20 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I hope Oberon will eventually get a new passive. 

Heck, even a heavy weapon proficiency seems several times better.

4 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

Nyx, Oberon and Ember... what were you thinking DE?

And Mag, and in a way Chroma as his elemental power is part of his kit and shouldn't be a passive...

No specific weapon proficiency please, I already think it's bad enough that you have to limit yourself to longswords or nikanas on Excal if you want a passive, I would be really mad if I had to use the jat kittag or something instead of the ack and brunt that came with a deluxe Oberon skin. Or if I wanted to use a jat kittag or a nikana or anything else but only could get a passive if I had a sword and shield.

This passive needs two things: 

1) New wild life in Corpus, Corrupted and Infested maps, can be big space rats in corpus ships, ancient Orokin engineered beasts in corrupted and some turtle/rhino-like beasts in infested that can survive the infestation due to its hard armor and physical strenght. Without these this is anti-grineer only passive, wasn't old Mag reworked because she was only anti-corpus?

2) Remove duration, passives are supposed to help you, suddently a group of friendly neutrals/enemy kubrows turns on you in the flick of an eye, this looks more like an enemy skill than your passive. If you don't want us to gather an army of neutrals then at least kill them at the end of duration and give them a chance to drop energy or hp orbs 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I'll laugh if De turns his passive into a ground slam that summons kittens. You never know when Rebbecca's influence will strike, and strike hard. 

I'd rather choose this anyday over the poop of a passive he has right now.

As long as it doesn't interrupt me from committing genocide over wildlifes or any enemies in general I'm fine with anything :B

1 hour ago, NeonNemesis said:

1) New wild life in Corpus, Corrupted and Infested maps, can be big space rats in corpus ships, ancient Orokin engineered beasts in corrupted and some turtle/rhino-like beasts in infested that can survive the infestation due to its hard armor and physical strenght. Without these this is anti-grineer only passive, wasn't old Mag reworked because she was only anti-corpus?

This.  I must be part of either a silent majority or a minority that feels they don't have a voice.  But Oberon's passive I find to be very nice.  After using it myself, while conditional it can be a major asset when it procs.  Some passives should be like this and be simple flavors.

1 hour ago, bubbabenali said:

and Ember... what were you thinking DE?

They were thinking with the rework of the map that Ember would be preferred in fire stricken sectors.  And the only thing that does not give a fire proc (not counting eximus) is the infested.  But it's any heat proc she gets from any target or specific region.  I've been able to use this to counter play energy leeches and build up World on Fire.

1 hour ago, Olianu said:

They were thinking with the rework of the map that Ember would be preferred in fire stricken sectors.  And the only thing that does not give a fire proc (not counting eximus) is the infested.  But it's any heat proc she gets from any target or specific region.  I've been able to use this to counter play energy leeches and build up World on Fire.

Here is the catch though: Ember is @(*()$ squishy being set on fire with Ember is something you usually don't want even with that lousy buff she gets when set on fire. A normal Napalm will kill her with one or two procs.

The whole idea of needing to be set on fire to get a buff is ridiculous. We are talking about a frame named Ember with alternate helmets named Backdraft and PHOENIX!

And what has this to do with infested? Since the channel fix there are far better frames to go against them.

On 7/4/2016 at 10:07 PM, Olianu said:

This.  I must be part of either a silent majority or a minority that feels they don't have a voice.  But Oberon's passive I find to be very nice.  After using it myself, while conditional it can be a major asset when it procs.  Some passives should be like this and be simple flavors.

Nice or not, I don't enjoy the idea of forcing enemies to fight for me for a limited duration of time WITHOUT any control over it. Some passives really felt like they were shoved down our throats..

On 7/4/2016 at 8:42 AM, bubbabenali said:

Here is the catch though: Ember is @(*()$ squishy being set on fire with Ember is something you usually don't want even with that lousy buff she gets when set on fire. A normal Napalm will kill her with one or two procs.

The whole idea of needing to be set on fire to get a buff is ridiculous. We are talking about a frame named Ember with alternate helmets named Backdraft and PHOENIX!

And what has this to do with infested? Since the channel fix there are far better frames to go against them.

Awaiting Overheat returning as an Augment for Acceleration....thus bringing back Armor-ignore and Scaling Damage Mitigation to make her 'tanky' again 

But Ember with Quick-Thinking and Arcane Energize seem to keep her alive against most Napalms that are not stun -locked...her passive just makes it easier to retain 'energy-health' (Granted Quick-Thinking & Arcane Energize work on just about every Warframe....doesn't work explicitly on WuKong if using Defy*)

Oberon needs perma-wildlife allies or should be able to randomly summon wildlife allies on any ability cast.

So chance on ability cast to summon Wildlife allies for 20secs.

1)Sharkwing produces friendly Lanx, on any Archwing ability cast(Oberon Passive)

2) Could always be random Wildlife ally spawn, could still adhere to 20sec summon rule and only 1Wildlife group(pack) passive active at a time.

Basically 20sec Cooldown on ability cast to have chance of summoning friendly wildlife from Nowhere 

(Skates, Kubrow Den, Kavats, enter any new wildlife breed*)

40 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Awaiting Overheat returning as an Augment for Acceleration....thus bringing back Armor-ignore and Scaling Damage Mitigation to make her 'tanky' again 

But Ember with Quick-Thinking and Arcane Energize seem to keep her alive against most Napalms that are not stun -locked...her passive just makes it easier to retain 'energy-health' (Granted Quick-Thinking & Arcane Energize work on just about every Warframe....doesn't work explicitly on WuKong if using Defy*)

Oberon needs perma-wildlife allies or should be able to randomly summon wildlife allies on any ability cast.

So chance on ability cast to summon Wildlife allies for 20secs.

1)Sharkwing produces friendly Lanx, on any Archwing ability cast(Oberon Passive)

2) Could always be random Wildlife ally spawn, could still adhere to 20sec summon rule and only 1Wildlife group(pack) passive active at a time.

Basically 20sec Cooldown on ability cast to have chance of summoning friendly wildlife from Nowhere 

(Skates, Kubrow Den, Kavats, enter any new wildlife breed*)

Summoning wildlife sounds better than what he currently has.

Or have a chance to spawns tree tendrils to impale enemies when he melees.

On 4.7.2016 at 1:49 PM, Genitive said:

I hope Oberon will eventually get a new passive. 

Or like a rework that fits his nature theme (?) Better.

I mean who exactly uses hallowed ground? Dropp that one, rework renewal, put Reckoning on his third Slot and make is ult something Beast related....

And yeah. Oberon in the group should at least make beasts assist you. This whole compromise that apparently doesn't make him as op (lmao) just doesn't work out....

On 7/6/2016 at 3:01 PM, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

I mean who exactly uses hallowed ground?

Me and I'm sure many more that actually take the time to learn Oberon's nuances.  All the time.  exponge all statuses and make you immune to all but being thrown in the air.  The armor buff could be changed, but his skills have much more to him then what meets the eyes.

3 hours ago, Olianu said:

Me and I'm sure many more that actually take the time to learn Oberon's nuances.  All the time.  exponge all statuses and make you immune to all but being thrown in the air.  The armor buff could be changed, but his skills have much more to him then what meets the eyes.

List one scenario where stationary Status immunity does you any good, especially as it ignores stagger, not only including knockdowns and waves but also stuff like QT. Not status immunity by itself but the stationary execution HG is.

Getting thrown into the air is in fact the result of the knockdown immunity .... it would disable the knockdown if it weren't Stationary but mobile tho, just throwing you into the air without interruption. Try the same thing with a rhino, nezha, Trin...you get kicked into the air but no CC happens. Not perfect eather but definitly better then getting thrown AND cc'd, not to mention that this immunity is implemented into abilitys that actually do something for you...

What's the actuall point in the current execution? Are you able to withstand Slash Status which is followed by Slash damage which would easily oneshot you if the status would be an issue? Poison from toxic ancients? Wow...The dot. That's what's dangerous.

Does it ward you from anything but static eximus Poison at all?!

How about we implement the or rather numeric armor and immunity from HG into renewal and make it a Channeling Aura? Sounds good? Cause the ground definitly does nothing for you.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

On 7/4/2016 at 10:42 AM, bubbabenali said:

Ember should be able to disperse fire procs off of her self and onto enemies with her accelerant ability.

That One thing happening would help in my opinion, keep the risk v.s. reward feeling people like, and make using Embers passive not feel like suicide.