Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Prime Rewards Process: Double Grind Wall

BlackCoMerc

From the page:

"Every mission, a CHANCE to obtain a projection."

This is...bad. This does not sound like a chance to obtain SOME prime reward. But more like a CHANCE for any reward AT ALL.

"Bring that Projection to a Void Tear to charge it. Tears CAN spawn on any mission."

The SECOND grind wall. Will tears ALWAYS be available somewhere? Or will they spawn Alert style, for limited times? 

Right now it seems - and I want to stress, SEEMS like you first have to be LUCKY enough to even GET a projection at all. THEN you have to luck out AGAIN and get a Void Tear to spawn.

Which would be absolutely awful, in my opinion, and likely to turn me further away from playing.

Just now, BlackCoMerc said:

Fair enough. Like I said, seems like two walls.

Yeah, it seems that way. Still, we don't really know the rate at which things will be appearing or the chances or any of that. One could just as easily assume the spawn chances are high as someone who assumes they are ridiculously low. Will have to see the numbers first-hand, personally.

I think this might just be you worrying about things. Though from the wording in the article it is valid. While I can't say anything about obtaining a projection. I do believe Steve said something about the void tears in the last dev stream. Possibly about there slays being one open, though I can't confirm right now as I am at work. 

Personally I hope the void tears are like alerts in the fact that there is almost always one up. With very very free times that there are none for a minutes.

I find a ''chance of something appearing'' to be a step back no matter how you try to spin it.

Right now I can go into the void whenever I want, the reward I get from it is chance, yes, but at least I don't first have to -chance- to even get to try.

99.9999% of something happening can be considered a chance. 0.0001% can also be considered a chance. There's not enough information to conclude how much of a grind this update will bring. I wouldn't care less about how many "walls" there are as long as they are easily opened.

2 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Yeah, it seems that way. Still, we don't really know the rate at which things will be appearing or the chances or any of that. One could just as easily assume the spawn chances are high as someone who assumes they are ridiculously low. Will have to see the numbers first-hand, personally.

Fair point.

But it worries me that we seem to be moving from guaranteed to get SOMETHING to merely HOPING to get something...and that's only the getting part. Still have to do the Charging part, too.

We will see.

Just now, BlackCoMerc said:

Fair point.

But it worries me that we seem to be moving from guaranteed to get SOMETHING to merely HOPING to get something...and that's only the getting part. Still have to do the Charging part, too.

We will see.

There's also the possibility that it wasn't worded as well as it should have been. Many a misunderstanding has occurred in the past because of not enough clarification being given. I don't really know if that is the case, of course, but it's certainly possible.

the chance could be the same as you have a chance to get a void key right now, we dont know, however this is how it sounds like its being described. i refuse to make any calls about it until ive tested it out for a while

Edited by NightBlitz

13 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

From the page:

This is...bad. This does not sound like a chance to obtain SOME prime reward. But more like a CHANCE for any reward AT ALL.

"Bring that Projection to a Void Tear to charge it. Tears CAN spawn on any mission."

The SECOND grind wall. Will tears ALWAYS be available somewhere? Or will they spawn Alert style, for limited times? 

Right now it seems - and I want to stress, SEEMS like you first have to be LUCKY enough to even GET a projection at all. THEN you have to luck out AGAIN and get a Void Tear to spawn.

Which would be absolutely awful, in my opinion, and likely to turn me further away from playing.

Ill leave this here, its a direct quote for the same page

Your Void Keys still hold value as you will find they are immediately converted to Projections in the update!

7 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

I find a ''chance of something appearing'' to be a step back no matter how you try to spin it.

Right now I can go into the void whenever I want, the reward I get from it is chance, yes, but at least I don't first have to -chance- to even get to try.

I don't see a difference. Right now, it's a chance for you to get a key you want, and then a chance for you to get an item you want from that key. In the new system, there are projections instead of keys.

Judging by the devstreams the way its supposed to work is you will get projections (of different tiers) just like you used to get keys and then charge them at void tears which were shown to be alert like. Just from what has been shown I'd say grind is about the same or possibly lower since you get to charge projections towards certain rarity.

One way or another, I'd say wait for it, may turn out to be much better than expected (Not usually this optimistic but let's give it a chance at least).

Pretty much what some people have said. The chance is likely the same as it is now. Right now you still need to farm for a chance at a void key to even get a chance at prime loot. Any and all keys you currently possess will be converted to these new projections. So it's not technically changing other than the item and name used to get into the void.

Honestly, I like the new system better cause you get a higher chance at the items you want. Projections will have specific drop tables this time instead of rotating drop tables, and if you don't get the item you want, you can use the excess material you get from the projection to increase your odds of getting the item you want next time.

Edited by Lusts

Just now, Redthirst said:

I don't see a difference. Right now, it's a chance for you to get a key you want, and then a chance for you to get an item you want from that key. In the new system, there are projections instead of keys.

Right now the thing I have my eye on the most is the ability to "manipulate" RNG, which was talked about in the Devstream. Of course I have no idea just how this will work or what the values will be, but any way for me to get my revenge on RNG would be nice.

18 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

From the page:

I dont think theres a reason to be concerned about the first wall you mention, werent they going to swap out keys with void projections? If thats the case we should largely still be able to void projections in the same way we are used to, through syndicates or mission rewards. Nothing is set in stone though.

Edited by Kaokasalis

Obtaining projections seems the same as obtaining keys.

Keys turn into projections, and each projection has its own reward pool.

Looking at the devstream footage, there were 7 Void tears open at once.

Looks like this system works the same way as the old one honestly. Yes it is a double grind wall, but so is the current system.

All that matters now is if Void tears can only be ran once or not.

Just now, PsychedelicSnake said:

Of course I have no idea just how this will work or what the values will be, but any way for me to get my revenge on RNG would be nice.

Alas, the Desire Sensor works in mysterious ways...

Here's hoping though.

*Rolls for being smote*

Let's break it down with what we know so far:

14 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

From the page:

Projections are basically the new Void keys, so this isn't new to me except that all missions will reward them. I read it like:

"Every mission, a chance to obtain a void key."

16 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

From what i recall in a devstream, they will always be present. Their locations will be timed, like alerts, but when the timer runs out they move to a new location.

I'm not too worried about it.

in the last dev stream, they said that there will be a new tab on our alert bar that tells us where projections are. They showed it off with the WIP void terminal. And from the looks of it, there are going to be a lot of opportunities to get to these tears and get items. The best thing to do is wait for the workshop or the updates release.

1 minute ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Right now the thing I have my eye on the most is the ability to "manipulate" RNG, which was talked about in the Devstream. Of course I have no idea just how this will work or what the values will be, but any way for me to get my revenge on RNG would be nice.

As far as I understand, every time you "open" a Projection, you will get some Residuals, which you can then use to increase your chances of an item of particular rarity.