Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Hype Thread (You Must Prepare)

duhadventure

Just now, (PS4)joe03827 said:

It's probably tomorrow for you guys . console getting lunaro and you'll get SoTR cuz that's how it happens ..., every . single . time ( cries in the corner )

Sorry, though being honest Joe...  Blame the Cert process for Sony and Microsoft's Consoles.  They cannot handle the rapid-fire updates apparently.  You could say that they can slow the PC users down to let the Consoles catch up, but I'd rather yell at Sony/Microsoft to get their stuff fixed to where the consoles can keep pace.  Even if PC was slowed down, you'd have to wait out each new hotfix and eventually it would slow the consoles down again which is unfortunate.

1 hour ago, Rhennie said:

I got a quick question will they change the Mirage quest to work with the new star chart?

I have never played the mirage quest, I just know it relies on the orokin ciphers from vaults. Seeing as how void keys are being changed, it would probably be changed to work with it, but i'm not sure what they are doing with Derilect. They did say in the latest dev workshop however, that a new thing called luminous can be used to make dragon keys, or other derilect keys for vaults. 

1 minute ago, achromos said:

Sorry, though being honest Joe...  Blame the Cert process for Sony and Microsoft's Consoles.  They cannot handle the rapid-fire updates apparently.  You could say that they can slow the PC users down to let the Consoles catch up, but I'd rather yell at Sony/Microsoft to get their stuff fixed to where the consoles can keep pace.  Even if PC was slowed down, you'd have to wait out each new hotfix and eventually it would slow the consoles down again which is unfortunate.

Yh it's sad how the Cert process is slow , but most console players have already gotten used to it

2 minutes ago, achromos said:

The cert process is a pain but only take about a week. The main issue is that DE has to wait until you guys get enough content and bugs worked out to make porting the build worth the time that takes. It's nobodies fault and I've grown use to the waiting but it's not fair to put all of the fault on Sony/MS. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

The cert process is a pain but only take about a week. The main issue is that DE has to wait until you guys get enough content and bugs worked out to make porting the build worth the time that takes. It's nobodies fault and I've grown use to the waiting but it's not fair to put all of the fault on Sony/MS. 

Imagine if DE put out a fatal bug onto the Console systems?  One that had to be fixed with another update that you guys would have to wait on the Cert for.  I mean I'm not putting all the blame on them, but maybe about 85%ish.

Keeping my fingers crossed for this week! Especially since haven't been playing as of late, though I have been itching to recently.

But mostly because I've been playing the new (via remake) God Eater Resurrection and played through 5 so far of the 15 official Touhou games, 24 if you include spinoffs, and I don't want to burn myself out from it xD

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

1 minute ago, achromos said:

Imagine if DE put out a fatal bug onto the Console systems?  One that had to be fixed with another update that you guys would have to wait on the Cert for.  I mean I'm not putting all the blame on them, but maybe about 85%ish.

That's why I said it's nobodies fault. There are multiple reasons from multiple sources. I personally prefer to wait a little and get a more polished version of the game but there has to be more time spent porting stuff for DE too. We shouldn't have to wait 2 months for a build all the time. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

Cert is the whole Problem. If there would be no Cert, DE could deploy as much Updates as they do on PC within the same time. It has nothing to do with time. Porting alot of small Updates would actually be faster then porting one big Update.

The Problem is that Cert takes 1 Week (or more) so lets say DE would use the same Updateshedule on Consols as they would on PC: DE sends v1.0 to Cert. once its certed after 1 Week its deployed, but DE already sent in v1.1 to be deployed next week so there is no way that 1.1 can fix any bugs that happened with 1.0. So they develope 1.2 and sent that to Cert but 1.1 gets certed and deployed the day 1.2 is sent in and has its own bugs, and so on. They would only be runnign behind and not be able to actually fix any bugs.

So they deploy Updates on PC, fix the Bugs and then after the major and alot of minor bugs are fixed they start developing the Consol Port.

tl;dr if there would be no Cert DE could use nearly the same Updateshedule as they do on PC.

Update 19 part 2 SotR is most probably coming tomorrow Thursday the 7th 2016. Because I heard of a certain youtuber that they have to be 1 day early for tennocon meaning they have to be on the 8th in Canada. That means that they will prepare for tennocon that day and then they don't want to worry about releasing a big update and sorting out all the tennocon work. Kitty overload!

2 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

Update 19 part 2 SotR is most probably coming tomorrow Thursday the 7th 2016. Because I heard of a certain youtuber that they have to be 1 day early for tennocon meaning they have to be on the 8th in Canada. That means that they will prepare for tennocon that day and then they don't want to worry about releasing a big update and sorting out all the tennocon work. Kitty overload!

Good thing their HQ is in the very same region Tennocon will be.

46 minutes ago, achromos said:

Bugs get fixes that doesn't  require cert processes  ( well most of them )

The update I assume is set for tomorrow so the DEV STREAM can reflect on it a bit as well as spoil some of the war within update. If not the MO seems to do the DEV STREAM and then release the update. Either way I look at it I'm on XB1 so I still have a few weeks to wait so n my world it does not matter if it is today tomorrow or even net week.....

Just now, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

The update I assume is set for tomorrow so the DEV STREAM can reflect on it a bit as well as spoil some of the war within update. If not the MO seems to do the DEV STREAM and then release the update. Either way I look at it I'm on XB1 so I still have a few weeks to wait so n my world it does not matter if it is today tomorrow or even net week.....

It's very likely either coming tomorrow or Friday. Latter at the latest. I'll be very surprised if it drops on Saturday since that is both a time that most of DE isn't at the office, and it's Tennocon that day.

1 hour ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

If their cert process wasn't so ridiculous- it would take a LOT less content to be worth it to update the consoles as well. MS and Sony are 90% the reason consoles don't get updates even remotely close to how we do.

That being said- MS/Sony are HORRIBLE giant money wh... er... BAD companies. But with all the things they do wrong- cert processes aren't one of them. They're there for a reason, to protect the users from bugs, from potentially malicious coding, or code that would present security issues. So even though it's their fault it's not really cool to get mad at them. Just something people gotta accept about consoles. Just another reason PC master race.