The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Hype Thread (You Must Prepare)

duhadventure

Just now, Horonelius said:

You try sitting in stasis for a thousand years and then leaping to your feet the moment you wake up.

Specially when the last thing you knew, you were a big strong death machine..... ANd then suddenly you wake up and... FACE-PLANT!

30 minutes ago, JesterTheNight said:

That bit isn't from the chair, it's from inside the frame's helmet, helmets were changed to neurOPTICS for a reason, you know :)

Reveal hidden contents

avgKZ.gif

except it's just a mental projection

Actually it is from the chair not from the frame's helmet. Though you're right about how it's like being Iron Man in Iron Man 3 where he controls his suit from far away.

My guess is the pool is sentient and immersing yourself in it gives you the sentient weapon.

Teshin possibly guards it cause the arm could corrupt your frame and become unable to link with you operator anymore. 

Hence the walking operator at the end. But again just a guess.

Edited by rawr1254

Just now, secret9005 said:

Actually it is from the chair not from the frame's helmet. Though you're right about how it's like being Iron Man in Iron Man 3 where he controls his suit from far away.

The muffled voice when she says "I'm being watched" suggests the voice is coming from inside the helmet.

Of course we control our frames from a chair in the orbiter, but the somatic link that enables the transferance lets us project a mental image (the thing inside the frame that comes out of it when we use our focus skill) inside the frame, we are literally inside them when we control them (at 0:07 and 0:21 seconds in the video it's from inside the frame, she's literally looking around the room, 0:39 it looks like that's the orbiter room).

43 minutes ago, Plushy said:

I just wanna have a place to show off our operators. Not much of a point in customization if you can't look at any of them. 

I'm kinda torn on that lore-wise.  Obviously they can code the game so that there's no killing of operators (and I agree that showing off operators would be cool), but from a lore standpoint, that's a really big risk for any Tenno to take.  Think of how many enemies the Tenno have and what they would do if they learned that Tenno were walking around in public without their warframes.

2 minutes ago, Aekhon said:

I'm kinda torn on that lore-wise.  Obviously they can code the game so that there's no killing of operators (and I agree that showing off operators would be cool), but from a lore standpoint, that's a really big risk for any Tenno to take.  Think of how many enemies the Tenno have and what they would do if they learned that Tenno were walking around in public without their warframes.

It really changes nothing though. The tenno were just as willing to risk their lives when they thought they were the warframes. We're child soldiers, and this is what we do - Kill things as messily as possible.

EDIT: forgot to add my point. It is a risk, a very big one, but I think that the tenno wouldn't let that stop them.

Edited by bowiespoon

Just now, bowiespoon said:

It really changes nothing though. The tenno were just as willing to risk their lives when they thought they were the warframes. We're child soldiers, and this is what we do - Kill things as messily as possible.

It changes everything.  As warframes, we knew that death was not the end.  We'd always get up again, even if we didn't know how or why we could do that.  As operators, death is the end, and we know it.

well unless my operator walks itself into a blender. So it stops taking up space in my liset. I wont care.

I already know all the "dialogue" in the war within quest. now it just remains to see how much it mess up the game for the rest of you.

Personally the second dream burned me enough that the only reason i would ever complete war within. is if DE release a quest to permanently remove operators that has war within as a prerequirement.

2 minutes ago, Aekhon said:

It changes everything.  As warframes, we knew that death was not the end.  We'd always get up again, even if we didn't know how or why we could do that.  As operators, death is the end, and we know it.

Sure, I see why they would want to avoid it at all costs - they are just so much more effective in the frames. However, it's likely to be a necessity lorewise, rather than a choice. When it becomes necessary, I'd be rather disappointed if the operator hid behind the excuse of death. They're supposed to be the most hardcore badasses the system has known, after all.

Just now, bowiespoon said:

Sure, I see why they would want to avoid it at all costs - they are just so much more effective in the frames. However, it's likely to be a necessity lorewise, rather than a choice. When it becomes necessary, I'd be rather disappointed if the operator hid behind the excuse of death. They're supposed to be the most hardcore badasses the system has known, after all.

Yet that hardcore badass sure backed away from Shadow Stalker real quick when he/she thought it was over.  Sorry, I understand your feelings, but it's perfectly natural to fear death.  There's no shame in it.

In regards about the physical condition of the frail Tenno. I just think about Neo (Matrix) after he took the red pill.  He woke up to the 'real world' in a battery pod for the first time, after living so many years in the Matrix. Although frail, w/ physical evidence of muscle atrophy, Neo had his muscles (organs, etc) rebuilt/reconditioned, to a healthy and functional state, by the help of a cell-building machine. 

In this case, Both the Moon and Orbiter Somatic Pods probably have a similar cellular regenerative feature to maintain the physical health of the tenno inside.  However assuming this, just because muscles have been maintained, it doesn't mean it will function properly the moment you get them to move for the first time in years.  It takes time for muscle memory, strength, endurance, and coordination to work cohesively/systemically to regain proper functional mobility. With proper exercises and increase activity levels, the Tenno would be able to recover and walk again.  So yes, I hope to see the Tenno walking around the ship one day with my kitten/puppy.  :D    Warframe Magic + Science FTW!

I understand that the body would be very fragile after years in stasis... But...
This is a SF universe, and we don't know the power of these White Trees (or even the Red Goo). Imagine they're able to constantly heal you, to protect your body even if he's like a dead-body (in stasis).
It could explain that we're able to walk normally.

I've developed a theory that we will be able to play as our Operator, I am just not sure how. I suggested to a friend I shared my theory with that perhaps we will be able to sync a Warframe's stats and abilities to our Operator so we can run around as our in-game Avatar while still being useful in missions. 

Anyways, I have two reasons to suspect that it will happen. 

1. Is naturally because of that trailer showing an Operator walking on their own through a blizzard.

2. Is because a few patches ago there was a text box icon at the bottom of the emote wheel that when clicked on brought you to another wheel that seemed to be for Operator voice commands that only had an "enemy marked" option in it with seemingly no way to edit it or the rest of the wheel. It has also since been removed and the way Rebecca replied to someone pointing it out implied that it was something that we were not supposed to notice. 

1 hour ago, Aekhon said:

Is it, though?

The Orokin had Oro, the ability to return to life after death. Sentients appear to have it as well. Vor can't be killed, and that's tied to the same power that courses through the Tenno.

There are apparently ways to kill individuals with Oro (and free-for-all Conclave is, according to Teshin, there for us to hone our skills in doing so) but between the Old War and the downfall of the Orokin it seems that really extreme measures and/or another fighter with Oro are the only things that can kill individuals who have it.

It could be related to the stalker(although i find it extremely unlikely), since the war within could even refer to the sword called war, but that is just a coincidence, i suppose.

Although I really hope to see the grineer queens finally, I can't make up how we got to that blizzard. Only the crash seems like a reasonable presequence.

A war within. 

The Operator using Transferrence to remote Nyx. She fails and the link is severed. Her ship crashes.

A war without. 

Lotus allready told us this was coming when we woke up.

New mechanic idea: wear a warframe armor Hayden Tenno style. Maby that is what Lotus meant with a war on two fronts.

Maby Ordis will come with us? Given that we JUST got his past ... DE didn't just release that RIGHT BEFORE WAR WITHIN for fun.

There is a method here. And Steve said it will make some of us rage again.

Edited by arch111

3 hours ago, GhostLacuna said:

well unless my operator walks itself into a blender. So it stops taking up space in my liset. I wont care.

I already know all the "dialogue" in the war within quest. now it just remains to see how much it mess up the game for the rest of you.

Personally the second dream burned me enough that the only reason i would ever complete war within. is if DE release a quest to permanently remove operators that has war within as a prerequirement.

Lol all you know is a leaked script which DE put in to screw with the data miners as per normal.

They do this kind of thing all the time putting in false information just to mess with them and watch people freak out over the fake stuff and add in the real stuff last moment.

58 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Lol all you know is a leaked script which DE put in to screw with the data miners as per normal.

They do this kind of thing all the time putting in false information just to mess with them and watch people freak out over the fake stuff and add in the real stuff last moment.

Really hope that you are right. Because  as much as I want to know what happens, I will not spoil it this close to release.

I have a feeling that we are in for a surprise. 

58 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Really hope that you are right. Because  as much as I want to know what happens, I will not spoil it this close to release.

I have a feeling that we are in for a surprise. 

I have no idea if I read the proper datamined logs, but it seems pretty far out there in comparison to what has been shown.

Steve and presumably Scott have admitted to adding dummy code to the game before providing false information to dataminers, to stave off the curiosity. I think there was a Primed Streamline added in as a false data. However, new frames, weapons and accessories tend to be correct.

16 minutes ago, Nashucus said:

stay with me now. orbiter goes down right? destroying the pod thingy and the transference doo-hicky

no more remote control, no more transference.

tenno enter the frames

Well it would explain why the operators come out of the frames in game currently

5 hours ago, Aekhon said:

that's why these contests would be held in Dojos, and not Relays: nobody else knows where the Dojos are at. thinking about it, it would be a good addition to the Dojo that might see it get used more outside of research and trading.

while I imagine that there will be some juicy story regarding Teshin's apparent betrayal, I'm unsure why our operator is walking through a Blizzard, perhaps the frame goes missing somehow and we have to manually reactivate it? either way I hope that section isn't too long, nobody wants to spend 30 mins, just walking slowly.