Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE_Steve sees the problems with the update - Chapeau.

Hello,

I didn't find it here on the forum.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4rz6s7/hate_me_all_you_want_but_sotr_was_and_is_a/d55gwi4

Quote DE_Steve:

We should have held it back 100%. Sometimes we have an immovable deadline (almost always a marketing promotion) and it twists up our priorities. It shouldn't but it does. Our QA is not at fault and did their best given the unreasonable scope and time. Your rant is spot on and the only thing we can do now is make it right.

Sorry for the mess. :(

Chapeau - these are great news. You have a new fan.

Edited by (PS4)Doctor-Blitz-

This is great in the long run, but bad in the short term.

Since we know for a fact they are under marketing constraints we may not see the patches we need until AFTER The War Within drops.

Still, I'm happy they know about the problems of this release and are working to address them...

...soon

17 minutes ago, DioBrandoTheHotVampire said:

well

yea...

like, dude, THE ONLY thing that made this update so trashy is DE's PROMISE

they should've announced the whole update yesterday at tennocon

hope they'll take this lesson

And what exactly did they "promise"?

1 minute ago, DioBrandoTheHotVampire said:

at the very least - to release specters before tennocon

When the hell did they promise to release SotR before Tennocon?

Hell, before launch they even said it was possible this update would release after Tennocon.

DE isn't stupid enough to make promises they can't keep.

They literally joke about it themselves.

Edited by Tricky5hift

Just now, Tricky5hift said:

DE isn't stupid enough to make promises they can't keep.

They've been wrong about release dates on more than one occasion so I'm not really sure where that came from but at Tennocon they said they'd be back at work tomorrow so I'd immagine we can expect a pretty good sized hotfix soon enough (hopefully this one gets patch notes since I still have no idea what the last one did).

Just now, (XB1)Gray Silhouette said:

I'm more peeved by the fact they released an update that they apparently knew was unfinished at all.

There's no reason for that. Delay it; the flak will be lesser than what i've seen from releasing it at an unfinished point.

I don't see the issues personally with the update o-o

Somehow I just knew this was a rushed update. Its good to see "they" are aware of the problems and here's hoping the issues get resolved quickly and with changes that can appease at least most of the community (like, key-to-relic conversions in my case...)

The junctions are a legit issue and his whole post on that front is spot on. Disagree on the vet experience, if it helps out newbies godspeed (yeah I know junction bugs but still).

His Void tear issue is hilariously overblown. oh noes I need to kill a lot of enemies really quickly whatever will I do?? wait why dont i use my mr12 weapon i have equipped?? oh dang didnt think o that!
He also missed the point of the update; to make Void drops a lot more manageable and obtainable through a wider variety of content. It's no longer "void-or-bust" and I have no idea why the fanbase is being all upset about it.

Someone needs to quit getting mad about video games.

Edited by SSNeoman

People seem to be missing the point here. This isn't DE accepting responsibility for a mistake, this is DE_Steve flat-out admitting that they knowingly released a buggy mess. Now this might not seem like a huge deal, but how many people are losing paid-booster time due to this? How many people lost keys that they may well have bought/been gifted? How many people are losing 4GBs of their data allowance/data cost to download something that the devs have admitted wasn't ready for release?

Trust restored? You people are far too forgiving. And the funny thing is that the people applauding this are the people who say that we need less criticism and anger on the forums, as though any member of the dev team would have admitted anything like what Steve did in that Reddit thread if the forums/Reddit weren't full of frustration and ranting. The whole 'indie-darling' thing has been popping up in the games media discussions a fair bit maybe, and I can hardly imagine people being so forgiving if EA or Ubisoft pulled this S#&$.

Edited by Littlerift

16 minutes ago, SSNeoman said:

His Void tear issue is hilariously overblown. oh noes I need to kill a lot of enemies really quickly whatever will I do?? wait why dont i use my mr12 weapon i have equipped?? oh dang didnt think o that!
He also missed the point of the update; to make Void drops a lot more manageable and obtainable through a wider variety of content. It's no longer "void-or-bust" and I have no idea why the fanbase is being all upset about it.

I can confirm that the overblown view is in result to how the enemies spawn. Nullifiers literally spawn right on top of you and sap you of your active abilities (potentially 90% of your defenses) as well as Bombards which have a reputation of one-shotting you. It's the frustration of not being able to respond with any form of skill, especially when the tear is in a small room.

3 minutes ago, R34LM said:

I can confirm that the overblown view is in result to how the enemies spawn. Nullifiers literally spawn right on top of you and sap you of your active abilities (potentially 90% of your defenses) as well as Bombards which have a reputation of one-shotting you. It's the frustration of not being able to respond with any form of skill, especially when the tear is in a small room.

Also since you spawn inside of them, it is much harder to shoot down the bubble.

While you half the time can't kill the Nulls themselves quickly either with the constant Ancient Healer spam and potential Bombard blast procs.

It really is a mess, and since Nullifiers were even buffed now, it's a disaster.

7 minutes ago, R34LM said:

You have every chance to prepare for this. Clear the room of enemies before triggering the tear and use your melee when they spawn.

Unless the complaint it that you can't instantly Bastille all incoming enemies in which case lol

Edited by SSNeoman

It was the hype train. its always the hype train. we knew we were going to get a mess as Steve has been stressing over it in every Dev stream for like the past 2 months. Its just a typical U update. Full of new, full of bugs. And every time the load thrown into the fan is a little too big and knocks it over and gums up the blades, we get the

south-park-bp-sorry1.png

And we go on. Eventually it gets straightened out even though it should not have happened to begin with. I'm pretty sure many have been asking for a test server for years now. Specially since DE scrubbed almost any mention of Beta from game texts.

Its not the worst, many things pretty questionable. Like Lottery legendary cores for plat. "Hiding" the credit blueprint menu within the buying the item for plat menu. But there is a lot of quality of life things trying to be adjusted for the better.

Edited by Firetempest

9 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

As for new player stuff. You are online, you are on a PC, likely, go search.

This post didnt deserve an answer from them.

It's legit uncool to get newbies to hoof it to either the map chat or the forums for help because they can't access content. Especially when the last map system let them do this. That's a legitimate point and I completely agree with this. Granted he caps himself in the knee by saying "BUT YOU SEE US VETERANS ARE THE REAL VICTIMS" but I'll let it slide.

The void tear thing is legit git gud tho. It's two minutes haven't any of you done survivals worse than this? Come on now.