Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spoilers, A doll of Ordan Karris

Fylas

6 minutes ago, tisdfogg said:

And yet he committed genocide, probably more than one. How many people do you have to kill, in order for the decadent and corrupt Orokin to notice you, let alone offer you immortality? Millions, I presume. And I somehow doubt his victims were limited to military. Granted, it was a "soul-sacrifice", but he himself admits to being a monster, haunted by what he did. That's why his grand scheme ends with a suicide attack, and not riding into the sunset. 

Don't get me wrong, I have some sympathy for the guy, but knowing why he did what he did, it seems kinda disrespectful and patronizing to treat him as a victim.  

well there's the whole soul searching and over and over in a near endless cycle discovering the things he did in his past which were ultimately for nothing, for THOUSANDS OF YEARS, it isn't that I or some others here take his deeds lightly but more, yeah he suffered long enough didn't he? 

1 hour ago, Fylas said:

well there's the whole soul searching and over and over in a near endless cycle discovering the things he did in his past which were ultimately for nothing, for THOUSANDS OF YEARS, it isn't that I or some others here take his deeds lightly but more, yeah he suffered long enough didn't he? 

Who do you mean suffered long enough, Ordis or Ordan? Ordis seems to be happy when he fulfills the purpose given to him by Ballas, even though it's forced upon him, that's the reason he didn't self-destruct although he could. I don't know if there is enough Ordan left in there for him to feel suffering, I think the only emotion left of him is anger. I'm not saying Ballas was justified in what he did, it was horrible. But he didn't do it to a fluffy bunny. Who is worse, the guy who butchers countless beings for a chance at revenge, or the guy who lobotomizes that butcher and turns him into a digital slave? They are both A******s, IMHO. 

Plus, knowing that Ordan was this badass, most metal warrior in the universe (putting bones into the base of your skull so you can rip them out in a suicide/last stand? Brutal), he would probably take it as an insult if you showed him pity. I mean, he walked through hell and became the devil to achieve what he set out to do. Like I said, summarizing that with "Oh my, poor Ordan" seems kinda disrespectful to the man. 

Edited by tisdfogg

1 hour ago, tisdfogg said:

And yet he committed genocide, probably more than one. How many people do you have to kill, in order for the decadent and corrupt Orokin to notice you, let alone offer you immortality? Millions, I presume. And I somehow doubt his victims were limited to military. Granted, it was a "soul-sacrifice", but he himself admits to being a monster, haunted by what he did. That's why his grand scheme ends with a suicide attack, and not riding into the sunset. 

Don't get me wrong, I have some sympathy for the guy, but knowing why he did what he did, it seems kinda disrespectful and patronizing to treat him as a victim.  

Im not treating him as a victim, im just saying i dont view him as evil. He might have been callous and disregardful of life but that doesnt necessarily make him evil. Seeing as how haunted he is by the atrocities he is, id say his not evil. If he were evil by my standards then he would have been proud of what he had done, seeing no wrongs with his actions and happily joined the Orokin in living forever.

Edited by Kaokasalis

51 minutes ago, tisdfogg said:

Who do you mean suffered long enough, Ordis or Ordan? Ordis seems to be happy when he fulfills the purpose given to him by Ballas, even though it's forced upon him, that's the reason he didn't self-destruct although he could. I don't know if there is enough Ordan left in there for him to feel suffering, I think the only emotion left of him is anger. I'm not saying Ballas was justified in what he did, it was horrible. But he didn't do it to a fluffy bunny. Who is worse, the guy who butchers countless beings for a chance at revenge, or the guy who lobotomizes that butcher and turns him into a digital slave? They are both A******s, IMHO. 

Plus, knowing that Ordan was this badass, most metal warrior in the universe (putting bones into the base of your skull so you can rip them out in a suicide/last stand? Brutal), he would probably take it as an insult if you showed him pity. I mean, he walked through hell and became the devil to achieve what he set out to do. Like I said, summarizing that with "Oh my, poor Ordan" seems kinda disrespectful to the man. 

No, its worse, he didnt want revenge, he wanted to go out in a blaze of glory, to die doing something so terrible that it would not be forgotten: kill immortals, the leaders of the empire, the Orokin.

Edited by Venom-Snake

31 minutes ago, Kaokasalis said:

Im not treating him as a victim, im just saying i dont view him as evil. He might have been callous and disregardful of life but that doesnt necessarily make him evil. Seeing as how haunted he is by the atrocities he is, id say his not evil. If he were evil by my standards then he would have been proud of what he had done, seeing no wrongs with his actions and happily joined the Orokin in living forever.

Ah, we differ in our definitions then. For me being callous and disregardful of life to that extent, makes a person evil. I also think it is possible for that person to know that they are evil and despise themselves for it - after all, no chance for redemption was a part of his sacrifice. If nothing else, I admire his conviction.

6 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

No, its worse, he didnt want revenge, he wanted to go out in a blaze of glory, to die doing something so terrible that it would not be fogotten: kill immortals, the leaders of the empire, the Orokin.

Oh sure, I have no doubts about that. I was referring to that audio log about a child spy being brought to him, and how he realized that he and others like him, are killing each other for the amusement of the Orokin. That's when he flipped and decided to kill them. Maybe he was just rationalizing, but I think it was both wanting to punish the Orokin and gain glory (or rather infamy). Ordan sure wasn't the kind of guy who would limit himself to just one thing.  

On 16.7.2016 at 11:24 PM, Helch0rn said:

I Don't get the sympathy for Ordan. 

Ordan is a "thing" with bone-thingies sticking out of his skull that he rips out to stab people in their faces with them. 

Why for Saryns sake would you want a plushie of that?

LtzjVxp.png Courtesy of 

AM-Bunny

because he's AADOOORPS :O 

Just now, Fylas said:

LtzjVxp.png Courtesy of 

AM-Bunny

because he's AADOOORPS :O 

that's fanart, and where is his hair, or his bone-spikes that stick out from his head or his torn and ugly face?

this looks nothing like the description from the fragments

• 3 weeks later...

What if Ordis or people call him ordan karris is in the ship and is infected locked up causing the spores andthe tenno need to get the red vials from the grineer queens and cure him but teshin is in rage because he is orikin and he was the one who imprisoned ordis in the ship and now wants to stop

the tenno. I know i am completely wrong this is just a theory so dont scream on my face that i am wrong 

12 hours ago, ELUCID4T0R said:

What if Ordis or people call him ordan karris is in the ship and is infected locked up causing the spores andthe tenno need to get the red vials from the grineer queens and cure him but teshin is in rage because he is orikin and he was the one who imprisoned ordis in the ship and now wants to stop

the tenno. I know i am completely wrong this is just a theory so dont scream on my face that i am wrong 

why would anyone scream at you for that? I do believe stuff like that is called "head canon" and all is fair game till the actual story patch hits and reveals what's actually happening X)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ironfirefist said:

Add the twin queens to the list what ballas did wrong, together with wanting to kill the zariman 10 children aka us.

that name is so silly zariman 10-0  ten-o tenno XD but at least with sylvana from the titania quest we now have a live survivor from the orokin era (well sorta living heh) to help reveal more story after the next story quests :3

4 hours ago, Krumplifej said:

I want it, now! How much credits would it cost? 10mil?

I'd save up 50 mill if that was the price to get ordis a biometal android body as a physical proxy so I can stip his face in the giant tumor at the left door and tell him "WHY IS THAT HERE AND WHY HAVE YOU NOT TOLD ME YET?!" cause he's worringly oblivious about it

• 4 weeks later...

Well, there is a model of Ordan, since his image does show up in the transmissions. But I get the feeling it's more or less a reused Drekar Elite Lancer or Evicerator model with some extra glowy bits. 

EDIT: As for the character himself. He was a monster. A brutal murderer who wanted to go out in a blaze of glory. But to be honest, compared to us, he's a saint. 

Edited by Lakais