Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grandmaster "Monument"

lyravega

If Lotus is the mother of Tenno, then Grandmasters are among her firstborn. And some of them are unhappy because of this monument issue which makes some feel like being mocked rather than being honored.

I don't care about these stuff that much... Well, I didn't care at first, but the way Grandmasters got treated with SotR changed that. It is a big fat joke, a slap in the face. Removing the solar landmarks to reduce clutter was a good idea, but then dumping them in a monument located in an "easter egg" place???

We're a minority, and probably most of the Grandmasters have moved to other games so it's a "politically correct time" to forget about them altogether. And whatever we say, we'll just end up buried under other posts in no time and probably will never get heard.

Spoiler

My name is not even on the list.

364FE534760D91756BFAE091450D9D52245347B8

Edited by lyravega

4 minutes ago, MokutoBunshi said:

One question, other than the founders, which one of us free to pay players do you think even ever sees yet alone reads those tickers? I am not trying to get you upset...just genuine curiosity...

]\'[

The point he's trying to make is it should be a little bit more grandeur. Some of us did buy it just for the landmark. I'm hoping they add some flare and option to see ourselfs instead of going through the whole list. It's kind of a joke but I know Steve said it was a last minute thing so it could possible change.

I actually had to look around the relay to find it, I honestly think that is a terrible spot they put it in, hard to find and cluttered with names and I doubt some of those master/grand masters don't even play anymore and should be removed until they come back to clear up some space imo.

9 hours ago, MokutoBunshi said:

One question, other than the founders, which one of us free to pay players do you think even ever sees yet alone reads those tickers? I am not trying to get you upset...just genuine curiosity...

I don't think anyone reads those but that's not the point. The point is, burying those names in a place that nobody probably visits or sees. You need to do 2-3 bullet jumps to get to the place where that "monument" is stored at.

Edited by lyravega

3 minutes ago, pikaseechu said:

I believe that this was a quick fix until they could " place plaques for Founders" in relays. Not time estimate was given, so this might be a while.

Hm, makes sense. And I hope so. Because otherwise they are backing off on their deal

From what i can tell DE broke their sacred oath big time on this one, is as simple as that, i don't care if this is important or what not DE really drop the ball.

Reason i upgraded to GM was the solar landmark name. My ign start with x so now I have to wait for almost 30 minutes until my ign to show up, nice! RIP 1 sacred oath, waiting for another one maybe??? I really looking forward for DE response on this one.

9 hours ago, xection9 said:

From what i can tell DE broke their sacred oath big time on this one, is as simple as that, i don't care if this is important or what not DE really drop the ball.

Reason i upgraded to GM was the solar landmark name. My ign start with x so now I have to wait for almost 30 minutes until my ign to show up, nice! RIP 1 sacred oath, waiting for another one maybe??? I really looking forward for DE response on this one.

Just wait mate, we will get Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime, hehheh. But as the post above mine said, only time will tell.

Still nothing huh? Nice.

edit: Apparently this -

DE had mentioned this during TennoLive.

If I recall correctly, they are going to be reorganizing the Grandmaster Founder names on nodes to fit to the new system. Your name may show up on a different/new node.

Edited by lyravega

I doubt you'd get your money back even if they did move the names permanently to a relay, given that you were paying for digital goods, subject to change. (personally if I had my name on there I'd want it on a relay instead of a confused mess somewhere on the starchart.) If you did get your money back would you be willing to forfeit your excalibur prime, weapons, accessories, sigal, nametag, and your design council status?.. cus if you got to keep all that stuff isn't that like saying.. I don't want your Ferrari anymore. Here's the door mirror. Give me my money back.

8 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

I don't want your Ferrari anymore. Here's the door mirror. Give me my money back.

Sorry but this is a bad example. A better one would be this: We paid for a "Ferrari" with a nameplate after our name, then they took the nameplate away and hid it under the hood.

Also, aside from the badge and forum stuff, the difference between Master and Grandmaster was "solar landmarks". People wanted to leave a mark dished out that difference for something that is taken away now. But as I've said, apparently they'll rectify the issue later.

Just glad "my" planet is still there ;-) Honestly I think I'd rather be a founder of "nothing" (until planets possibly get re-added with new game modes) than having it changed, it would feel...wrong after all these years.

But seriously given all the other stuff they have to deal with right now I'd honestly hope this is waaaay down on their priority list really. I appreciate they thought of us at all (not many companies appreciate their founders three years in!) and put that monument in at all!

• 2 weeks later...