Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, DigitalMist said:

One nice compromise would be to add something about Closed and Open Beta participation to your profile then. As there are plenty of space to add it here:

https://imgur.com/u30Hhzd

Yeah, I was actually thinking the same.  That would make me more than satisfied.  I'd like something to show I was apart of CBT, the weapon itself i couldn't care less if I lose exclusivity on gear.  Its better for the game to let people have chances are neat gear.  At the end of the day, there will always be more people without rare stuff than those with it and as a F2P game, DE should prioritize the majority more times than not (Not all the time, but that's a whole other box of worms). 

I would like to see them back, because when they were in game I was a complete newbie on the game and I sold the Lato Vandal to make space for another weapon and didn't knew about the Braton Vandal too...

eZDqzle.jpg

if they re-release these guns and someone says to me i have the Lato Vandal its going to be like "who cares! so does everybody else! and if they dont it will only be released again anyway" but if they don't re-release them then those players will always be in Warframes history as the first few.. and i think that should hold great sentimental value..

I know Warframe has lots of content but please don't make that content meaningless stuff just to add to a pile..

I think it would be great disrespect to the first founders if these guns get re released!

having that exclusive item for fighting in that event at that curtain time is much like having medals as a war veteran after fighting in a great war! :)

Please just add new exclusive items and everyone that is playing at the time has a chance of getting one! to take into the future and say "i was there"

Warframe has a very bright future and to have something exclusive within this game holds great sentimental value, i cant see Warframe dying out anytime soon and say! 10 years from now when Warframe has advanced with the time and players have come and gone wouldn't it be cool to still have that item knowing you *fought in that war"

Edited by _Doe_

Well, if they re-add this weapon, it would mean all the people who got it originally can now have 2 : ^ D

If anything, I'd say rename the original Braton Vandal to something like Mk-1 Braton Vandal to commemorate the CBT players. 

easy way to make both sides happy. aklato vandal and braton vandal.

I doubt anyone honestly cares about the braton since it was a weekend "buy it off the market if you even knew it was there" weapon. the lato was there to actually commemorate something, again, unlike the braton. so aklato vandal. easy solution. the early birds get to keep their dusty closet secondary and the community gets a new vandal to fashionframe.

9 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

Well, if they re-add this weapon, it would mean all the people who got it originally can now have 2 : ^ D

If anything, I'd say rename the original Braton Vandal to something like Mk-1 Braton Vandal to commemorate the CBT players. 

And we re-create the age old problem anew. No. There is literally no reason for this suggestion.

I origianlly joined the game right after open beta started. I played it for quite awhile before I put the game down and didnt pick it up again till the update with Hydriod came out (I think that was update 13). If I hadnt been unemployed at the time I would be a founder right now. However Im not a founder, Im not a closed beta tester, and I was not there to earn those weapons with my playtesting. That said, I dont deserve them. No one outside that select group of players does. How dare DE, let alone other players, say they should be added back into the game.

For the last year or so Ive thought the argument "founders will complain" to stop things from being added to the game was a massive cop out. Founders got the game started but people like me that keep spending money on the game are the ones who keep it going. In this case, those CB testers have every right to complain about this and theyre right. These items are a symbol of their participation during that phase of the game, they were promised as exclusives and they should remain that way.

9 hours ago, _Doe_ said:
  • if they release these weapons again what is it going to be worth?
  • whats any weapon in game going to be worth? no weapon will matter!
  • when everyone gets these weapons will you care?
  • will you care to login in the future if you have a chance of getting an exclusive weapon?
  • having exclusive weapons is more likely to keep players around because they have a chance of having one in the future..
  • it would be a shame to see these weapons again because fighting for that special weapon at that time and place will mean nothing.. as you say "Mr Fodder"
  • not playing anymore and putting the game down will not matter because you can get anything all the time!

And I'd be glad if it won't mean anything anymore. 

Again, exclusivity is wrong, period, if you're basing your methods to keep a playerbase on releasing exclusive stuff you're just doing it wrong and luckily Warframe is not that anymore since a while. 

I don't see why the game should "punish" you if you don't play it all the time, it's insane and it's unfair; Steve himself said that players are going and coming back, but that's because of Second Dream, of events, of cool new stuff, not because otherwise they know they're gonna miss stuff forever. 

Do I feel special for being a founder? Absolutely. Do I need my founder gear to be mine and mine only to feel like that? Hell no. It's not about having a frame or a weapon or whatever. 

I can put a badge on and players will understand I'm a founder without the need of forcing myself into a 1 hour survival with a Lato Prime only. 

So yea, no weapon will matter in term of exclusivity and it's a good thing: I agree that there must be things that matter and display if you were there on a certain time, if you bought a certain pack and blabla, but it must not be gear. 

Edited by siralextraffo

1 hour ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

The votes are overwhemingly yes but how many are people who don't own them? If anything, the vote should be for people that do own them because you're asking them if they want their exclusives to no longer be exclusive.

That would be unfair as it would be unfair to have only post CB players to vote. 

The pool must involve the whole community, but I think that if DE decide to bring the weapons back THEN they should propose something to CBT players only as a sort of compensation until they have a positive feedback to avoid giving them something they consider crap.  

Edited by siralextraffo

10 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

That would be unfair as it would be unfair to have only post CB players to vote. 

The pool must involve the whole community, but I think that if DE decide to bring the weapons back THEN they should propose something to CBT players only as a sort of compensation until they have a positive feedback to avoid giving them something they consider crap.  

The vote should be only for those it means to slight which are accounts around CBT period as you're asking them to give away the exclusivity status of their weapons. Of course everyone's voting yes. There are alot more players and no doubt they want the weapons, but I want to know how many CBT players who were around to get them actually feel about letting go of their exclusivity. That's the more meaningful vote. 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

The vote should be only for those it means to slight which are accounts around CBT period as you're asking them to give away the exclusivity status of their weapons. Of course everyone's voting yes. There are alot more players and no doubt they want the weapons, but I want to know how many CBT players who were around to get them actually feel about letting go of their exclusivity. That's the more meaningful vote. 

And of course everyone would be voting no if it was restricted to CBT only, unless it's not just a reaction poll but it's a proposal one. 

On July 14, 2016 at 8:48 PM, usedtokio said:

yes yes please return them

i had lato vandel once when i first started and sold it before i leveled it

now i regret it so much D:

Why didn't you got to support to ask to reverse the purchase?

On another note, as somebody who doesn't actually have them, I'd be fine with if they didn't come back since they are basically collectible exclusives to the real vets of Warframe. Bring them back or don't though, just know I'll get 'em anyway if they do.

Edited by WingedCrusade

I'm a player who just missed the vandals as I registered around the beginning of the open Beta, but I do feel like bringing them back for the regular playerbase would ruin their value.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I vehemently oppose anything that would encroach on someone's exclusive collection.

And I vehemently oppose having permanent weapon/frame exclusives, as they are detrimental to the game itself.

I don't understand why any CBT people are against this, why not trade the exclusivity of those dusty old weapons that you bring out once in a blue moon and get a CBT badge that you can show off all the time? There is nothing wrong with cosmetic exclusives.

Steve probably already has one designed and ready to go, but if I were him I'd hold it hostage until the weapons are OK'd to come back.

2 minutes ago, Jaysus41 said:

And I vehemently oppose having permanent weapon/frame exclusives, as they are detrimental to the game itself.

I don't understand why any CBT people are against this, why not trade the exclusivity of those dusty old weapons that you bring out once in a blue moon and get a CBT badge that you can show off all the time? There is nothing wrong with cosmetic exclusives.

Steve probably already has one designed and ready to go, but if I were him I'd hold it hostage until the weapons are OK'd to come back.

Even if you people get the Vandals, you'll never get my Excalibur Prime.HueHueHue

Edited by (PS4)Romulus93

3 minutes ago, Jaysus41 said:

Agree, permanent exclusives are just bad and I think the "value of"  something must not be based on that. 

Or at least not on anything that's not cosmetic. 

I can't believe some are even suggesting to add more exclusives, but I'm glad Steve said he already regret enough old exclusives to add new ones... 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Even if you people get the Vandals, you'll never get my Excalibur Prime.HueHueHue

A/ You don't have him since yo're not a founder.

B/ If you did have one and he was re-released then you will still have yours.

1 minute ago, siralextraffo said:

Precisely, hope that exclusive will fall too sooner or later. 

Exclusives just bring out the salty tears in all those that couldn't get their hands on it. There are so many exclusives in game. The most recent being the Tennocon goodies. In this world, there are those that deserve what they have, and to show for their effort, status, or affiliation, they're given perks that others don't have. It's the same in life as well. Sounds like someone wasn't allowed at the exclusive cool kids club at school.

The founder gear is off topic but the reason why I want excalibur, skana and lato prime is because primes have become a really big part in Warframe and I think they look cool as hell.

Back on topic having braton and lato vandal be exclusive is idiotic since they are usable weapons and some people might actually use them. I been a warframe player for 2 years now and I have never seen anyone use any of these two weapons. If you stillwant to be shown recognition for your presence in the early stages of Warframe then release the vandals and get exclusive cosmetics so that you may actually use them.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Exclusives just bring out the salty tears in all those that couldn't get their hands on it. There are so many exclusives in game. The most recent being the Tennocon goodies. In this world, there are those that deserve what they have, and to show for their effort, status, or affiliation, they're given perks that others don't have. It's the same in life as well. Sounds like someone wasn't allowed at the exclusive cool kids club at school.

Most exclusives are cosmetic which are cool looking but not game changing at all. Actual gear should never be exclusive because a large portion of the community won't be able to use them and most of those that have them don't use often (or at all in some cases).

2 minutes ago, Albalrogue said:

The founder gear is off topic but the reason why I want excalibur, skana and lato prime is because primes have become a really big part in Warframe and I think they look cool as hell.

Back on topic having braton and lato vandal be exclusive is idiotic since they are usable weapons and some people might actually use them. I been a warframe player for 2 years now and I have never seen anyone use any of these two weapons. If you stillwant to be shown recognition for your presence in the early stages of Warframe then release the vandals and get exclusive cosmetics so that you may actually use them.

Most exclusives are cosmetic which are cool looking but not game changing at all. Actual gear should never be exclusive because a large portion of the community won't be able to use them and most of those that have them don't use often (or at all in some cases).

I would put the vandals in the same category as not being game changing. It's not as if they're OP to any degree over the other variants.