Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, DigitalMist said:

Obviously in the right place at the right time?

Life is full of little disappointments. You win some, you lose some. Somewhere along the line, someone apparently made the mistake of telling you that life was fair. :)

you are that 1% of founders I am glad i dont play with.

5 minutes ago, DigitalMist said:

Obviously in the right place at the right time?

Life is full of little disappointments. You win some, you lose some. Somewhere along the line, someone apparently made the mistake of telling you that life was fair. :)

Doesn't hold me from fighting for a better future ;)

Just now, -Voltage- said:

in my opinion, needing to feel above people based on gear is pretty stupid. I think every player, regardless of join date, should have a chance EVENTUALLY at whatever mastery someone else has. I think if DE removed all event weapons and founders items giving MR, it wouldn't be so bad, but that would setback DE with Mastery levels, so that wont happen. these weapons should come back to encourage players to show them they can get wherever anyone else is.

I wouldn't mind if I wouldn't get MR for them. I don't even feel superior. I just want to show that I was there, that I played this game for 3 god damn years and didn't join 3 weeks ago, powerfarmed everything with friends and am now Mastery rank 23. And I don't want some whiny emblem that looks like a grineer vomited into a stew and the scorch next to him roasted that into an emblem and sticked it to my shoulder, I don't want a sigil that looks the same as the vomit emblem. And I certainly don't want some syandana that's just a reskin of another syandana but uncolorable. I want a weapon that's worthy of being called a weapon, not a chrome peashooter, and I want them to stay exclusive to the people who played the event so they can show that they played the game for that long. It's not too much to ask for in a game where the maximum mastery rank isn't even achievable yet and when it will be there will be more than enough weapons to get there so people won't even have to thirst for every drop of mastery they can squeeze out of DE. And most of all, I don't want to see an event weapon get nerfed because it's getting rereleased and it's not on the trash level that some of the newer ones are on.

Some things mean a lot to some people and it must mean a lot to you if you want it! 

Having an exclusive item because you are a founder or tuck part in an event is a great privilege and an honour! I like the fact that you cant get some items anymore! it shows loyalty and accommodating towards players who made the effort at that point in time..

So go without, tough! you should of been there at the time! and if they ever bring a exclusive weapon out in the future, maybe you'll be there for it! and if the development team decide to bring them back because of "mob rule" and "loud mouths" it will be a very sad day indeed.

edit: also i think this poll/ vote is unfair because there are very many less players with these weapons than general players which only want everything and doesn't think about sentimental value.

FYI i dont have either of these weapons and ive been a player for 3 years

Edited by _Doe_

Exclusivity is a cancer and I'm glad Steve realized that, even if it's a bit too late now. 

Also, to all those saying that CBT supported warframe and such, how did they do that exactly? By playing the game, reporting bugs, buying occasionally plat packs and such. 

Now, doesn't that sounds like what every Warframe player is potentially doing now? What's the difference exactly? 

Timing? Well yea, but do you really feel like you deserve more only because you were at the right place at the right time? CBT support is exactly the same as  anyone else's here and now could be. 

Their support allowed the game to grow as well as current support is making the game growing now. 

Sure, by that time the game was in a critical state so investing on it was really a leap of faith, but it's not like warframe can still  be a thing in 2017 without players supporting it in 2016.

I'm  sorry, but I just hate CBT elitism almost as much as I hate founders' one. 

CBT and founders especially already got more than anyone else for almost 4 years, there's no support that's worth a lifetime reward. Selfishness is just selfishness, not wanting to share our exclusivities is just that, don't pretend there are holy reasons behind it. 

Edited by siralextraffo

12 hours ago, Symm3trIx said:

There were 2 ways to play the game then:

1: founders pack

2: Get an e-mail with CBT key.

You had to have these 2 in order to play the game to buy the braton vandal for 1 credit. 

So either way, I think braton vandal were for the devs to show their appreciation to players who CBT test their game. 

Lato vandal on the other hand was for OBT release which I think could be an anniversary thing if they wanted to bring it back.

You got it backwards, the Braton Vandal was for OBT release, the Lato Vandal was for closed beta participation.

6 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

mastery rank is becoming to mean more things (recently added more mod capacity). I needed to wait for 2-3 weeks to get mastery Rank 22, because Lunaro didn't get me there, and it finally took till SotR to be able to reach that. Needing to wait almost a month to get more trades, mod capacity, sigil, achievement, and whatever DE makes Mastery mean because you didn't buy founders items, or join at certain dates, is quite annoying. Thankfully, I stick with the game, but many friends of mine left because they heard about founders pack and Lato Vandal from CB. The way to get new players is to show them equality, not an elitist hierarchy.

EDIT: I have everything in the whole game except latron wraith (next sortie season) and founders/CB items.

So the crux of the issue that you are describing here is mastery ranks, which is a game design mechanic. Not virtual items that you either got as a thank you for partaking in closed beta or that you paid for.

Please everyone remember that this is just a discussion. Just because we're talking about it doesn't mean it will or won't happen. They just wanted our opinions on it. No one Tenno is better than the other. Let's try not to insult each other or gloat please? It'd mean a lot to everyone. 

12 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

I barely have the time to play the game as things currently are anyway so you are not missing much. :p

That said, in a previous comment of mine, I did say that I have nothing against these two weapons being available to players once more as a event reward so I am in fact in favor of DE re-releasing them.

If anything, it shows what kind of human being you are for judging me for making a realist statement about life in general.

43 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

I was ok with the braton vandal and lato being exclusive... untill all the weapons that I got from all the events that I did got released again in sorties... now I have nothing aside from some sigils/emblems and stats to show for that I've being playing this game that long and doing ALL the events

I'm going to have to say when that last weapon that I had that was pretty rare... the snipetron got released again... I felt that it would only be fair that the lato and vandal got released again...

and for the excalibur prime issue... I have friends that want to give me their excalibur because they dont play the game anymore. if it were tradeable it would mean that its still exclusive and no new excalibur prime's will get added to the game, but that the people that don't want it or want to sell it finally can and that the people that want it can get it

Yep ... i created once a thread about that ..  it just make sense to make everything tradeable

i played when braton vandal was in market

i didn't buy it because i didn't know about it

but i do not think they should return

they should stay as iconic weapons

most ppl will just use them as mastery fodder and i think it would be wrong

2 minutes ago, syle said:

Yes ,, that they just want to use it as mr fodder is wrong ..

But People which love this weapon.. deserve a comeback

3 minutes ago, syle said:

I'm pretty sure that they're mastery fodder to the people who own them too.

I think in the past year I've only seen 1 Braton Vandal out in the wild.

How about instead of a 'milestone' login reward, it could be like if you exceeded a total of "X" number of in-game hours played. Lets say if this number was over 2k total in-game hours. The level of commitment has to be proven.

They should never come back, they were unique rewards for people that were here at that time.

And in the end there just mastery fodder, so what your going to get and walk around with ?  It would completely  de-value there meaning..

BUT if DE want to bring them back and them to the next un-vaulted pack and make some bank off these greedy people.

50 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

Two can play that game and opinions on exclusivity do not determine how someone plays. You are part of the players I had to luck never to play with because I think that y'all are disgusting. See what I did there? I generalized a group of players that has a different opinion. It was just as justified as yours.

Why did I do this to myself, this whole thread just makes me livid.

Edited by Skycook3y

The only thing this makes me think of is that massive white elephant in the room with an Orokin key adorning his face, and it only further makes me want them to return that elephant in some way.

Voted yes on this, mostly because I think -no- usable gear should ever be stapled ''will never return or be available again'', that includes you mister white elephant in the room.

The question on these weapons ultimately means nothing as they're crap mastery fodder no one will ever keep, I'd want them solely for the mastery.

Edit: Also, I fully admit I am salty about Excal Prime, I missed out on upgrading to Hunter, and thus getting him, by literally a few hours, so yes, for very selfish reasons I'd want to have the chance to get him, especially since I am a completionist about Prime Frames, I want them all.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

As someone who owns all of the items discussed, I would have no problem with people getting the Braton and Lato Vandal at some point- they were nice rewards to commemorate an important time, but they didn't actually ask anything of players at the time other than logging on at a specific time frame. I also think of people who might have played every day before the Braton Vandal and every day after, but happened to go on a vacation that weekend- these active players who missed a very specific moment certainly deserve a chance at the weapons. 

I know it's not the topic here (although I'm sure it's come up in this thread a number of times already), but I would NOT be particularly pleased if founder-exclusive items went public, seeing as people paid a moderately large sum of money under the understanding that they were to be exclusive. 

That said, I don't think that there should ever be a mastery rank that is separated only by true-exclusives- all players should be theoretically able to achieve the highest available mastery rank at a given time. 

See the problem with these kinds of polls is most of those who have them will vote no, Those who have one but not the other will vote yes but will usually suggest the one they have not return .

If one is going to return both should none of this half way stuff your lato is not more important then the braton and vise versa 

There is exceptions to this as seen by their posts in this thread.

50 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Exclusivity is a cancer and I'm glad Steve realized that, even if it's a bit too late now. 

Also, to all those saying that CBT supported warframe and such, how did they do that exactly? By playing the game, reporting bugs, buying occasionally plat packs and such. 

Now, doesn't that sounds like what every Warframe player is potentially doing now? What's the difference exactly? 

Timing? Well yea, but do you really feel like you deserve more only because you were at the right place at the right time? CBT support is exactly the same ad anyone else here and now could be. 

Their support allowed the game to grow as well as current support is making the game growing now. 

Sure, by that time the game was in a critical state so investing on it was really a leap of faith, but it's not like warframe can still  be a thing in 2017 without players supporting it in 2016.

I'm  sorry, but I just hate CBT elitism almost as much as I hate founders' one. 

CBT and founders especially already got more than anyone else for almost 4 years, there's no support that's worth a lifetime reward. Selfishness is just selfishness, not wanting to share our exclusivities is just that, don't pretend there are holy reasons behind it. 

• if they release these weapons again what is it going to be worth?
  • whats any weapon in game going to be worth? no weapon will matter!
  • when everyone gets these weapons will you care?
  • will you care to login in the future if you have a chance of getting an exclusive weapon?
  • having exclusive weapons is more likely to keep players around because they have a chance of having one in the future..
  • it would be a shame to see these weapons again because fighting for that special weapon at that time and place will mean nothing.. as you say "Mr Fodder"
  • not playing anymore and putting the game down will not matter because you can get anything all the time!
Edited by _Doe_

Honestly we talk about a video game. Nothing is really worth the price but the fun factor what you pay for it. In a free to play game you spend more bucks than a once buy game. What should be worth on a virtual gun which works only in one game? Worth the price of a full game?

Nope.