Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As a closed Beta Player i wouldn't mind (would also give me a chance to get them back since i sold mine).

But something in exchange would be nice so a Closed Beta Tester still can show that he was in the closed beta. And since we now have cosmetics, how about an armor set or a Syandana for Closed Beta Testers?

I think it makes little to no sense to take an item that the art and design teams worked hard to create and lock it behind a wall that only a very small percentage of players even had a chance to obtain. Some of us were ignorant to the existence of these items and others were restricted by our platform of choice. We still commit a lot of our time, money, hearts and souls to this game and we shouldn't be punished for being unable to participate in a very small window.

Besides, these items have been locked away for over 3 years. I think that by now those 1%rs are over their obsession with being in the exclusive club. Exclusivity is a lonely club, the more people who are in the club the more people who can share their love for the items. I know Excalibur Prime is taboo but the same thing applies there, and while I understand the initial intent with founder packs, I again feel like taking something people worked hard to create and limiting who can play it is foolish. It just builds greed, envy, and animosity in the community.

Edited by (PS4)WingskuII

Most people do not posses this two weapons, so this poll will obviously result in an outright YES!  

You guys stated that the ONLY exclusive NEVER-COMING-BACK items are Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime, so i really think that everything else should be obtainable at some point, just don't give them for free, that's boring... sorties, maybe?

Edited by Lokime

On Friday, July 15, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Evers said:

As a closed Beta Player i wouldn't mind (would also give me a chance to get them back since i sold mine).

But something in exchange would be nice so a Closed Beta Tester still can show that he was in the closed beta. And since we now have cosmetics, how about an armor set or a Syandana for Closed Beta Testers?

I'm in total agreement with this, cosmetics are purely... well cosmetic and DE is still producing exclusive cosmetics (ala Tennocon and other events). Why can't cosmetics (and perhaps a bump in platinum) be given to players who are losing these exclusivity over these items?

Founders got so much for such little cost. I've sunk thousands into this game and I know some founders who only bought the initial founders pack and collect everything else by hand. Meanwhile I've bought every prime access to date and bought multiple packs of 3000 plat ($150 a pop) ultimately contributing more to the financial success of the company than that founders one cautious investment. I stand to lose more if this game were to ubruptly end, but because I'm on PS4 and only started playing on the PS4's launch (despite following this game well before it was announced for PS4) I'm excluded from any founder eligibility. Even if I had bought the founders pack on pc, those items were non-transferable to console during the migration...

I think a good middle ground is to give OG founders exclusive cosmetics and reintroduce excal prime as an expensive prime access (double the original cost) and do not add him to the drop tables so that the only way to obtain him is to support the company financially like all the founders did before. Founders would still have much over the rest of the community. The have design console permissions, they have exclusive Tshirts which I saw a ton of at Tennocon, they have the badges, forum status. I mean you've given pretty much everything but Godhood.

Sorry rant. I just feel really slighted by cutting a whole playable character and weapons out of the game in the name of exclusivity. It's truely my only qualm with the game as a whole. Bugs get fixed, DDOS attacks get dealt with, the community is friendly, the game is always growing. It's just this one pesky thing that naws at my soul. I cannot feel like a true Warframe collector until I have them all!

Edited by (PS4)appretice

37 minutes ago, Technologic141 said:

I cant belive my eyes. I wrote this exactly in november and i was instantly locked by "!!!-name-!!! moderator" and deleted because "...Its not become available!" Done. Go fu*king away.
Now everyove saying it and its absolutely fine... Hypocrisy on the full line.

Because that was the decision back then. Decisions change. See: PvP

Even tough Im a collector, and that you made this stupid promise of exclusivity, Im happy to see that finally you are talking about such touchy subjects DE. This poll could've been done better by only letting CBT players vote, but still, instead of telling everyone "nope, never coming back" you started to talk about this subject.

Maybe one day Excalibur Prime will come back and I'll be finally able to get a prime of my most used Frame. Maybe not this week, not this month, not this year, but sometime in the future. Compensate CBT's, compensete Founders and let everyone use stuff that they would like to. There should be no exclusivity that actually affects gameplay, even if the weapon is bad some people will use it over anything else. After sound change for Braton Vandal I started using it again because I just like how the weapon sounds (yes, I like new sound more than the old one), I like panthera because it looks cool and so on.

Its nice to see you talking about it and I hope you'll talk about Founders stuff someday as well.

If you'll take away our CBT exclusives please give us something in return and do the same talk about Founders stuff, even if Founders will be like "nope, my, you can't have it"  thats fine, I just want you to start talking about it and stop avoiding it like a taboo

Couldn't there have been a split vote option?

As it has most likely been said several times throughout the years, not only in this thread, but the lato vandal were gifts while the braton vandal was a timed-exclusive.

Voted "no" since I think that is the only option you are considering of either yes or no.

I'm quite honestly shocked how players don't want to share their precious vandal gear with others.

It's not about MR, OP guns or something. It's about Fairness.

Let me explain: I was actually in the same boat as some CB players. I even missed the cicero event due to a break and thus i had no wraith twin vipers. But i was okay with that. I missed it, i didn't deserve it. It was a gift for those kind players who played the event at december 2013. But then, DE decided to recycle event weapons due to many players complaining they had no chance to acquire them(?) I was actually surprised. On the first hand i felt the slight (but not major) pain of not feeling unique anymore (elitism problems) but on the other hand i was happy to get the wraith twin vipers since i also liked the normal twin vipers back then.

So now almost every old event gun got recycled, also my precious snipetron vandal that i gathered 3 years ago that was a part of me showing how long i was playing. Now everyone could get it. I was okay with that since every other event gun got recycled and i was okay about it as long as it makes many players happy.

But braton and lato vandal aren't recycled yet. Some closed beta players don't even want them recycled and i just ask Why? Closed Beta is nothing more special than an event. It's just a fancier name where those players hide behind in order to have an excuse to stay "unique". Why are you better than me for playing 2 months earlier? Why are you better than everyone else? You shouldn't get treated any different than others. A gift for playing since CB? Where is my gift for playing for 3 years? It's just not fair to recycle event guns but let lato and braton vandal stay "unique". Like i said, Closed Beta is just a fancy name that can be treated as nothing better than an event. You will get hurt for losing your special treatment? So did i with my snipetron vandal.

Only one exception i can draw out is founder. It was real money involved and an ACTUAL heavy support for the devs. They paids lots, and i mean, LOTS of cash in order to keep the game running. That's on a FAR higher level than CB or events. They should at least keep "something" for it.

Now, the voting was obvious. Of course most people will vote yes. But we also have our valid reasons for voting so. Don't be egoistic guys.

Edit: I'd find it very fair for CB players to get something along a unique skin, badge or sigil in order to show off their early presence. Since event players also have a unique badge to show off that they participated in said event. Not wanting to step on someone's toes, only wanting equality.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Make the founders pack (Excal Prime, Lato Prime, Skana Prime) + Lato Vandal all give 0 Mastery Points. Make Braton Vandal come back because technically we are in Open Beta atm. This will make Steve feel like he doesn't have a burden, while Founders and CB players wont complain they arent a special snowflake. Problem Solved.

Edited by -Voltage-

@IceColdHawk

Its not about items, its about what those items are, and what they are is a symbol, having Lato Vandal means that you were supporting the game back in CB. Most of us are fine with re-release, we just want something in return to compensate for loosing those symbolic weapons.

And why should we get special stuff for being here before you showed up? Because we were promised that these weapons will be exclusive, otherwise I wouldn't want anything in return, I'd be just a little salty and continue playing the game. But since we were promised exclusivity I want exclusivity.

But please don't compare CB to an event. In even you have to complete objective, it lasts week or two. CB is about playing bare-bones game and helping out with game development in its early stages. Its not just an event, its big part of game development

Spoiler

I don't think they should return, I don't even think the older event weapons like the Snipetron Vandal should have been returned (biased on that one because I love it and it was nerfed before it was rereleased.). The thing is while yes, players who do not have these items will want them back, but that's obvious because everybody in this game except for some hipsters who stay at MR0 for whatever reason thirsts for Mastery Rank. People want to show that they are the top of the line, the tip of the spear, the highest in rank. They want to show their bling, it's just like fashion frame.

These weapons, all weapons/cosmetics/ham sandwiches that haven't been implemented again through sortie, another event, tac alert, etc. show that you were there for something. They show that you did something that others didn't. If you were among the 1000 players to originally get primed chamber and later they put it in the loottable because people wanted it, you'd be pissed too. If you see someone with an event weapon you should get the impression of "he was there back when  [insert event] happened." Not "Oh wow he did sorties" or "Oh he logged in for xy days".

It even makes the motivation for events questionable to an extent since you can just get the weapon later through xy and the cosmetics don't look great most of the times anyway.

4 minutes ago, markus230 said:

@IceColdHawk

Its not about items, its about what those items are, and what they are is a symbol, having Lato Vandal means that you were supporting the game back in CB. Most of us are fine with re-release, we just want something in return to compensate for loosing those symbolic weapons.

And why should we get special stuff for being here before you showed up? Because we were promised that these weapons will be exclusive, otherwise I wouldn't want anything in return, I'd be just a little salty and continue playing the game. But since we were promised exclusivity I want exclusivity.

But please don't compare CB to an event. In even you have to complete objective, it lasts week or two. CB is about playing bare-bones game and helping out with game development in its early stages. Its not just an event, its big part of game development

having sentimental value over a friggin bunch of pixels is ridiculous. I havnt seen a single player use Lato/Braton since i started over a year ago. This is a video game, if you have value over being somewhere at a certain time, in a video game, get a life. Its just a game. Let newer blood have chances at things.

Edited by -Voltage-

I was ok with the braton vandal and lato being exclusive... untill all the weapons that I got from all the events that I did got released again in sorties... now I have nothing aside from some sigils/emblems and stats to show for that I've being playing this game that long and doing ALL the events

I'm going to have to say when that last weapon that I had that was pretty rare... the snipetron got released again... I felt that it would only be fair that the lato and vandal got released again...

and for the excalibur prime issue... I have friends that want to give me their excalibur because they dont play the game anymore. if it were tradeable it would mean that its still exclusive and no new excalibur prime's will get added to the game, but that the people that don't want it or want to sell it finally can and that the people that want it can get it

4 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

But braton and lato vandal aren't recycled yet. Some closed beta players don't even want them recycled and i just ask Why? Closed Beta is nothing more special than an event. It's just a fancier name where those players hide behind in order to have an excuse to stay "unique". Why are you better than me for playing 2 months earlier? Why are you better than everyone else? You shouldn't get treated any different than others. A gift for playing since CB? Where is my gift for playing for 3 years

This is honestly the dumbest argument I have seen regarding this topic so far. A closed beta is not something you join out of the blue, you sign up with your email and if you are amongst the lucky few, you get a beta invitation key to try out the beta of whatever you signed up to. That is also why a closed beta is not open to the public unlike an open beta and it is not uncommon for people who partook in the closed beta to see some kind of token of appreciation, case in point the Lato Vandal.

But I want to ask you the same question. Why are you making a big deal over virtual goods? If Warframe was gone tomorrow, you'd have nothing anyway. So all this whining over what you can't have just makes you look like an entitled and spoiled child that has been spoonfed throughout life.

4 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't think they should return, I don't even think the older event weapons like the Snipetron Vandal should have been returned (biased on that one because I love it and it was nerfed before it was rereleased.). The thing is while yes, players who do not have these items will want them back, but that's obvious because everybody in this game except for some hipsters who stay at MR0 for whatever reason thirsts for Mastery Rank. People want to show that they are the top of the line, the tip of the spear, the highest in rank. They want to show their bling, it's just like fashion frame.

These weapons, all weapons/cosmetics/ham sandwiches that haven't been implemented again through sortie, another event, tac alert, etc. show that you were there for something. They show that you did something that others didn't. If you were among the 1000 players to originally get primed chamber and later they put it in the loottable because people wanted it, you'd be pissed too. If you see someone with an event weapon you should get the impression of "he was there back when  [insert event] happened." Not "Oh wow he did sorties" or "Oh he logged in for xy days".

It even makes the motivation for events questionable to an extent since you can just get the weapon later through xy and the cosmetics don't look great most of the times anyway.

in my opinion, needing to feel above people based on gear is pretty stupid. I think every player, regardless of join date, should have a chance EVENTUALLY at whatever mastery someone else has. I think if DE removed all event weapons and founders items giving MR, it wouldn't be so bad, but that would setback DE with Mastery levels, so that wont happen. these weapons should come back to encourage players to show them they can get wherever anyone else is.

1 minute ago, DigitalMist said:

This is honestly the dumbest argument I have seen regarding this topic so far. A closed beta is not something you join out of the blue, you sign up with your email and if you are amongst the lucky few, you get a beta invitation key to try out the beta of whatever you signed up to. That is also why a closed beta is not open to the public unlike an open beta and it is not uncommon for people who partook in the closed beta to see some kind of token of appreciation, case in point the Lato Vandal.

But I want to ask you the same question. Why are you making a big deal over virtual goods? If Warframe was gone tomorrow, you'd have nothing anyway. So all this whining over what you can't have just makes you look like an entitled and spoiled child that has been spoonfed throughout life.

I agree his/hers argument didn't make sense, but every player should be entitled to the same progress eventually. In a game where level is determined by gear, having exclusives really hurts that. Since you are a founder, you may/may not agree, but Founders items shouldn't give Mastery points and neither lato vandal. braton should come back however.

1 minute ago, DigitalMist said:

If i'm entitled and spoiled, what are you then?

8 minutes ago, markus230 said:

@IceColdHawk

I honestly got no problem if you get some sigils or something. Really. But non-founder weapons just shouldn't stay exclusive. Talking about exclusivity, heh, event weapons were supposed to be exclusive too ^^. 

Just now, -Voltage- said:

I agree his/hers argument didn't make sense, but every player should be entitled to the same progress eventually. In a game where level is determined by gear, having exclusives really hurts that. Since you are a founder, you may/may not agree, but Founders items shouldn't give Mastery points and neither lato vandal. braton should come back however.

How exactly do those specific weapons limit your ability to progress (ie. max rank) in the game? Fun fact: they don't.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

If i'm entitled and spoiled, what are you then?

Obviously in the right place at the right time?

Life is full of little disappointments. You win some, you lose some. Somewhere along the line, someone apparently made the mistake of telling you that life was fair. :)

6 minutes ago, DigitalMist said:

How exactly do those specific weapons limit your ability to progress (ie. max rank) in the game? Fun fact: they don't.

mastery rank is becoming to mean more things (recently added more mod capacity). I needed to wait for 2-3 weeks to get mastery Rank 22, because Lunaro didn't get me there, and it finally took till SotR to be able to reach that. Needing to wait almost a month to get more trades, mod capacity, sigil, achievement, and whatever DE makes Mastery mean because you didn't buy founders items, or join at certain dates, is quite annoying. Thankfully, I stick with the game, but many friends of mine left because they heard about founders pack and Lato Vandal from CB. The way to get new players is to show them equality, not an elitist hierarchy.

EDIT: I have everything in the whole game except latron wraith (next sortie season) and founders/CB items.

Edited by -Voltage-