The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, NrSpringfield said:

While I agree with you that withholding weapons that influence MR is detrimental to the player base at large, only 18k of the 61k mentioned is relevant to the discussion (CB and Founder items, with a mere 6k being the actual topic (Braton and Lato Vandal).  The rest of those weapons have either been released again via alerts, or will be released again in some form, judging from almost every event weapon pre=Vulkar Wraith (save for the Latron) being released again.  Perhaps DE could make them readily available to all players?  I know that during a discussion on a board, an excellent idea was brought up, "Event Simulation"  Someone, perhaps Cephalon "Personal space is a social construct" Simaris could allow players faux participation in past events, with the given event weapon being your prize for completing the objectives.  This would also allow players to catch up with the lore of the game, and better know the game's universe, characters' agendas, and a glimpse at their personalities. 

Reveal hidden contents

The Tenno line "The Grineer have no honor." is false to me, considering Sargas Ruk's commitment to his troops, and your alliance with him, as indicated by his letters and voice lines during the event.

That's actually not at all a bad suggestion, you also have a point in that Lato and Braton Vandal only account for 6k mastery, I stand by my earlier point though, progress is progress and nothing that contributes to MR progress should ever be withheld from players.

Another solution could be to simply remove all MR points gear like the Founders items and Lato/Braton Vandal gave, that at the very least removes the impeding of progress by these items, in terms of MR anyway.

Excalibur Prime is a Prime, Primes are upgrades to normal gear, unless they release Excalibur Umbra with the exact same upgraded stats as Excalibur Prime, I still don't think Excalibur Prime should continue to be held hostage by that promise they made, times change, as I said earlier, Excalibur Prime at the time was swag, he isn't now.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Skode said:

Ive no complaints, just a counter stance that from exp the owners DONT mind. Im simply thinking if theres any voices which should be "voice of reason" it should be current owners as its them with something to lose, it wasnt as a personal attack on you. Maybe you feel that to be the case? If so then i apologise.

Apology accepted, but we're cool.

My point isn't that you've offended me, it's that whether or not I--or anyone else--owns a Vandal is irrelevant due to the public poll. Yes, Vandal owners opinions probably should weigh more. It's logical. But that doesn't make anyone else's input any less reasonable, or valuable. Reason and value aren't black and white, and any cogent argument is worth hearing.

That's my main point.

14 minutes ago, NrSpringfield said:

Are you implying that the time and efforts made by CB players was also not vital to Warframe, and DE as a result?  While cold hard cash will always be essential for a fledgling project to survive, to imply or outright say that the feedback, bug reports, and suggestions given by Closed Beta players were not worth their weight in gold, and were not necessary to "save" the company and game is foolish and insulting.  As players have seen time and again, it doesn't matter how much money you pump in a video game if the game is unplayable or not desirable.

I admit that the way that second post (the one you quoted) is worded, it sounds off, but no, in no way shape or form am I implying Founders' contributions are worth more than Closed Beta contributions. 

If you feel insulted, it wasn't intended. Poor wording, perhaps. I can see that it came off as a value judgement on sets of players and time spent (not intended), rather than a comparison of the rewards (which was my intention).

I didn't say that CB Vandal exclusives should be available to all because CB players are less than Founders, but Founders' exclusives should never be re-released because they paid money.

I made a quick and dirty list of ways the Vandal variants were not comparable to Founders' pack items that is factually correct. It has nothing to do with how you, I, or any CB or Founders feel--they're cold hard facts.

I apologize if I offended you or CBs. Wasn't intended.

To make my point clearer, here is my original suggestion. It asked that the Vandals return only to CB players who were active at that time, but missed the chance or passed on it:

3 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Umbra will fix the gameplay advantages of excalibur brime. The Prime weapons from foudners are laughable anyways. there is nothing lost for non-founders soon anyways...

Mastery.

I will admit I'll care less about Excalibur Prime if Umbra proves to be the alternative upgrade for the masses, but Excalibur Prime is still 6k mastery to me.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

Locking to do a bit of cleaning. Really disappointed with some folks' toxic behavior. Thread is now unlocked.

Just as a reminder, we're all equal in the eyes of the code of conduct. Discriminating or insulting other users for any reason (be it the length of time they've been playing the game, how much money they spent, etc) is a violation of the first rule of the forums: Respect.

If you cannot conduct yourself in a mature and respectful manner, you should refrain from posting until you are able to act in accordance with the forum's Code of Conduct.

Assuming this short break has given folks ample time to calm their Vaubans, I'll pick things up by chiming in with my opinion.

I voted no. I won't beat around the bush and made a long winded response; I voted no because I enjoy feeling like a special snowflake with those Vandal weapons. Being able to own something that's limited or exclusive is a nice feeling, plain and simple.

But if the weapons are reintroduced, it won't really put my knickers in a twist. I am apathetic as to the outcome of the vote and whether it influences a re-release of these weapons or not. I do not see the point in investing myself so heavily in debating such issues--and while I can sympathize with either side's thoughts on the matter, it's not something that rustles my jimmies (my jimmies are neigh unrustle-able).

31 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Locking to do a bit of cleaning. Really disappointed with some folks' toxic behavior. Thread is now unlocked.

Just as a reminder, we're all equal in the eyes of the code of conduct. Discriminating or insulting other users for any reason (be it the length of time they've been playing the game, how much money they spent, etc) is a violation of the first rule of the forums: Respect.

If you cannot conduct yourself in a mature and respectful manner, you should refrain from posting until you are able to act in accordance with the forum's Code of Conduct.

Assuming this short break has given folks ample time to calm their Vaubans, I'll chime in with my opinion.

I voted no. I won't beat around the bush and made a long winded response; I voted no because I enjoy feeling like a special snowflake with those Vandal weapons. 

But if the weapons are reintroduced, it won't really put my knickers in a twist. I am apathetic as to the outcome of the vote and whether it influences a re-release of these weapons or not. 

Everyone at least somewhat enjoys a special snowflake feeling, I do with my Ember Prime that's currently vaulted, or my Disciple Sigil/Emblem, I remain vehemently opposed to gear being exclusive and ''will never return'' however.

I wouldn't have an issue -at all- if Excalibur Prime was just an Excalibur skin, but he's not, he's an upgrade to Excalibur, this is also why Prisma Excalibur disappointed me, DE made it seem like that was going to be -the- alternative to Excalibur Prime, only for it to be a useless skin rather then an upgrade available for all to buy/farm.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

1 hour ago, BlackVortex said:

Steve mentioned they were gifts, but as there was no inbox function yet... this was the only way they could give them the weapons

My point still stands, even if they are gifts -

2 hours ago, NN13 said:

And yes, it is the same as anniversary.

If Braton Vandal is not supposed to return because there won't be another CB to OB transition, then why did Dex Furis return? Because I am pretty sure there won't be another "1st Anniversary".

2 minutes ago, (PS4)choalover said:

I would like to see the vandal weapons return. I also think that their should be new vandal weapons like the war vandal.

Not sure you understand how Vandalizing (lolpuns) works, vandals are corpus manufactured guns. War is a sentient weapon, and would be not eligible of being a vandal in the first place. Vandals of possibility would be like, Penta, or Opcitcor, or Sonicor. Anything that is made by corpus.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)choalover said:

I would like to see the vandal weapons return. I also think that their should be new vandal weapons like the war vandal.

vandals are nice and good, but why the war? it makes 0 sense lore-wise, the weapon is top 3 best melee weapons already and on top of that vandal colorign would take away from it looks...

New vandals should be meaningful upgrades of decent or underpowered weapons to give them another chance at life...

36 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

I do not see the point in investing myself so heavily in debating such issues--and while I can sympathize with either side's thoughts on the matter, it's not something that rustles my jimmies (my jimmies are neigh unrustle-able).

Debaters have to debate. It's our gift, and our curse.

5 minutes ago, Cmdr-A said:

Not sure you understand how Vandalizing (lolpuns) works, vandals are corpus manufactured guns. War is a sentient weapon, and would be not eligible of being a vandal in the first place. Vandals of possibility would be like, Penta, or Opcitcor, or Sonicor. Anything that is made by corpus.

That is not 100% accurate i think since some of the vandals are actually tenno-made (lato, imperator), but sentients dont fit in at all.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

1 hour ago, Rhekemi said:

That said, Closed Beta is also an event that will never return. It's a once in a game's lifetime event, and that should be valued.

Your whole argument depends on the fact that CBT was a once in a lifetime event and therefore those gifts should not return, right?

So, following your logic, since each anniversary is unique as well as once in a lifetime event, please explain to me as to why Dex Furis was released on 2nd Anninversary?

Since, you say that players who played at that time should be valued, why should I and others who were present during 1st anniversary not enjoy similar treatment a CBT players?

1 minute ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

The lato vandal was a gift to players for playing in closed beta bringing it back kinda throws that gift away at the very least if it does return closed beta players should receive some kinda of cosmetic instead. 

Event weapons are rewards for actually doing work, unlike getting a gift for simply being there.

Yet event weapons returned, which 'kinda throws that reward away'.

If people who completed events didn't get anything when event weapons were returned, why should CB players?

Just now, CrudShuzKong said:

That is not 100% accurate i think since some of the vandals are actually tenno-made (lato, braton, imperator), but sentients dont fit in at all.

From my understanding the Braton is just a Corpus remanufacture. Wiki also states its a gun manufactured by the corpus.

14 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

This is why People like you should leave.

Yes. Because how dare I enjoy the feeling of having something unique, exclusive or limited in number.

How dare I enjoy still having the original Pokemon Red and Blue games with a still working gray-brick gameboy. You can't get them anymore, but how dare I enjoy having them when others who never had the chance to get them don't have them.

How dare I enjoy having some of the limited run Warframe collectors statues that were sold on the website. There weren't enough made for everyone in the world to get one, so how dare I enjoy having one. 

I should just leave because how dare I enjoy having something limited or exclusive.

No, I think I'll stay. Thanks.

This post is brought to you by Sardonic™

Just now, Cmdr-A said:

From my understanding the Braton is just a Corpus remanufacture. Wiki also states its a gun manufactured by the corpus.

Correct, the Braton is a Corpus recreation of the Orokin made Braton Prime.

No, just no. Why do you want to make closed beta players to look like standard (draco) player? I mean, I'm early open beta player.. didn't even manage to earn Snipetron Vandal when there was an event, and I don't feel like it was right from you, DE, to put "marker" of being veteran to public within recent sortie.. So what will be next, all old emblems like Operation Sling-Stone? Last marker of being veteran? Why can't you, DE, highlight your old players in some way, instead you "steal" their veteran markers? Why can't they feel special? Bad things are happening right now...