Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Earth...

Railgun_Alter

Question

Starchart 3.0 brought a whole new (Old?) way of seeing the Origin System. Some love it. Some hate it. This topic isn't about that.

My question arises from seeing this around the Earth Sector....

2016_07_18__3__by_silverrevolt-daajjsm.p

Why is Earth surrounded by so many asteroids??

No other planet has something like this around them. Only Earth, and Lua for what is worth.

Is it just because it looks pretty? (????) Because if it is... then that's just a dumb thing to put around a planet. Earth would literally be in constant bombardment if it truly were like this.

So what then? Why is Earth surrounded by asteroids like this? 
At first, I thought it might've been something to do with Second Dream's aftermath, since.. (Spoilers!)

Spoiler

By then end, we forcefully bring the Moon back from the void. But even then, it doesn't make sense

So... any thoughts?

PS: I did a lazy-search to make sure if there was a topic like this already, but I found nothing. If anyone knows of one, please direct me there

Edited by Railgun_Alter

16 answers to this question

damn, that looks really cluttered...

It's actually true that earth is surrounded by a bunch of floating crap, mostly Debris from old Satellites and whatever Comets/Asteroids get caught by Earth's Orbit because it wasn't going fast enough to hit the atmosphere and succumb to our gravity. dunno if you've ever seen the movie "Gravity", but it emphasises on this.

chances are there's probably stuff that tries to hit earth quite frequently, but we don't know about it because it gets caught in our Orbit.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Drunken Swede said:

Take a look at the Moon. I'd imagine that it was heavily damaged when it was hidden in the Void along with its return to Earth orbit.

But... that's a buttload of rocks to have just come from the Moon.

Exactly.. it's waaaayyy too much, that why I disregarded that line of thought...

3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

It's actually true that earth is surrounded by a bunch of floating crap, mostly Debris from old Satellites and whatever Comets/Asteroids get caught by Earth's Orbit because it wasn't going fast enough to hit the atmosphere and succumb to our gravity. dunno if you've ever seen the movie "Gravity", but it emphasises on this.

chances are there's probably stuff that tries to hit earth quite frequently, but we don't know about it because it gets caught in our Orbit.

I... haven't watched that movie yet... (bite me)
Though yes, I understand what you mean.

1 minute ago, lukinu_u said:

Probably for the new tileset of War Within *-*

Oh... that would actually be interesting and make sense. If it truly happens, that is :P

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

There could be plenty of rocks in the system. Might be from the moon. Might be part of the Mars/Jupiter belt.

Or it could just be visual fluff. It's probably just visual fluff.

Knowing DE, there MUST be a reason why they put that there.

If it were just visual fluff, they could've gone and make an actual asteroid belt.
The way it is now just doesn't make sense... At least for now

7 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

Knowing DE, there MUST be a reason why they put that there.

If it were just visual fluff, they could've gone and make an actual asteroid belt.
The way it is now just doesn't make sense... At least for now

Why must there be a reason? It's likely just visual fluff without a terrible amount of effort put into it. It adds more depth and detail to the map with its parallax scrolling. The fact that it looks iffy is just a minor side detail.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

It feels far less cluttered when in actual zoom range.

Since the story of Warframe take place 3000 years from (more or less), i think one of these what happened :

1. Comet shower.
  2. One of the planet from Kuiper belt came to close to Earth or began to throw off the balance of the planets so the Orokin destroy it.
  3. This is not Moon parts so its something else (well, Moon is white sooooooo i could be wrong XD)
  4.  One of the planets's moon came to close to Earth orbit so it had to be destroyed or got destroyed from collision?
  5. The Orokin captured meteors to "fix" the moon?
  6. The moon got hit with meteor and the left over orbits the Earth?