The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who liked Star Chart 2.0 more than this one?

triclopic

i have been playing warframe for a while and i have recruited many players, and i just want to know.... does anyone else like the old NAV menu better? the new one is harder to navigate, doesnt show what resources are available on each planet, and wont let you do a regular mission if there is an alert on the same spot. basically, i want to petition the developers to change it back. it was so much better before :(

IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT

on a positive note: i cant wait to get a new kavat. all the other new updates rule :)

I loved the original navigation menu. I'm glad we finally got rid of the new one. 

1 minute ago, triclopic said:

and wont let you do a regular mission if there is an alert on the same spot. basically,

That was a bug that's been fixed, btw.

Edited by Gelkor

which one are you talking about? because I did love the original navigation menu which we have finally gotten back (well a bit changed but the concept is the same) The one we had in between (with rotatory menu) was quite bad honestly. (this is probably the one you are referring to, and yes it was quite bad so it was changed)

besides some or most of the things you mentioned have been addressed already

Edited by Domaik

really? i thought the grid design was so much better, and more quickly accessible when trying to find which levels had people playing them.
 it was definitely faster the other way. the rotating one was so much better! i honestly want to hear you guys give some supporting facts on how this new menu is better in terms of functionality (aesthetically, the new one looks better. more functionality with the old one tho :(

Edited by triclopic
because

Just now, triclopic said:

really? i thought the grid design was so much better, and more quickly accessible when trying to find which levels had people playing them.
 it was definitely faster the other way.

With zero sense of direction on where to go. It was a cluster of zero progression.

5 minutes ago, triclopic said:

just for the record, im rank 12. definitely not an "initiate". idk why this thread insists on labeling me as a noob :P

Because the rank on here relates to how many posts you've made on the forums, nothing to do with in-game rank.

On another note, there hundreds of topics just like this when we transitioned from satrchart 1.0 to 2.0, they achieved nothing. But star chart 2.0 was bad, bad bad.. imo

The previous starchart was bad. New players didn't know where to go, most nodes were useless and empty, there was hardly any information about quests. Now we can see some sort of progression and the whole thing looks like a map. Sure, it's buggy and can be improved, but it is still much better than the previous one. 

19 minutes ago, triclopic said:

does anyone else like the old NAV menu better?

Nope.

the new one is harder to navigate

maybe if you need to get to a specific node, but for a new player it's much more clear to see how they should progress through the game.

doesnt show what resources are available on each planet

Yes it does, it's in the bottom right corner

wont let you do a regular mission if there is an alert on the same spot.

lies.

i want to petition the developers to change it back.

This never happened before and won't happen now. 
Suggest how to improve, don't beg for a revert.

Edited by Shifted

5 minutes ago, triclopic said:

just for the record, im rank 12. definitely not an "initiate". idk why this thread insists on labeling me as a noob :P

Forum rank is based on the number of posts you make, has no bearing on anything really.

To (sort of) answer your original question I like both old and new starchart about the same.

The old starchart had more nodes, more options for me. Take something like Zeguma dark sector. SC2.0 it was a DS excav and a decent source of R5 cores that wasnt Hieracon or Triton, thats now a DS Survival in SC3.0

Mars Archwing mobile defense in 2.0 is now a basic exterminate in 3.0 and actually made it harder for me to rank up arch-gear...

SC 2.0 had in most planets cases 2 directions to get to a boss battle, that let you move on to the next planet without clearing every single node. New starchart clearing all nodes doesnt matter and the junctions restrict your progression, but at the same time give a sense of progression by completing them. It's a bit of a mixed bag.

I do hope the issues with SC3.0 get hammered out because it looks great.

Not me. The middle one (2.0) gave no sense of progression, you had to rotate a planet to see all the missions, that were too many (and so much empty)... The new one has much more personality, it makes you clearly see were you're going (eg if you select a mission on a Corpus ship, you know you will play in a Corpus ship)... The touch of class is that you can see you liset orbiting your current planet

Personally I like what we've got now!  I first left for a "little" break during the first star chart and came back several months ago to the "new" one and HATED IT!!!!!!  It was annoying that each planet had to be rotated and they spun around you.  As a returning player that BARELY got anything finished I had NO IDEA where to go next other than follow quests.  I was at MR 4 and still had access to 3 planets, dojo and OD (with a few void keys).  

As for resources hover over the "extractor" icon in the bottom right corner and you'll see the list of current dropped resources on a planet :)

17 minutes ago, triclopic said:

how was there zero sense of direction? everything was incredibly linear and it was easy to see the full breakdown of where i needed to put in work :P

POHDfOw.jpg

As a new player, can you tell me where I should go? Where do I go to progress? How do I unlock the other planets? Do I do this mission first or the one below the one I just completed?

Edited by KJRenz

how was there zero sense of direction? everything was incredibly linear

Starchart 2.0 had no real sense of direction because it never really showed how the nodes were linked, (as in, you'd just unlock adjacent nodes by completing a mission)

the only slight "direction" you had was "welp, i guess i gotta go to that boss node and kill them" and even then you'd just get the next planet after defeating the planet's boss, never knowing or explained how the two planets (the one you completed and one you unlocked) were connected. 

And for a new player, they're being introduced to all these things like invasions and syndicate nodes, etc. distracting them from where they "should" of actually been going

Edited by Xico.xide

25 minutes ago, triclopic said:

i have been playing warframe for a while and i have recruited many players, and i just want to know.... does anyone else like the old NAV menu better? the new one is harder to navigate, doesnt show what resources are available on each planet, and wont let you do a regular mission if there is an alert on the same spot. basically, i want to petition the developers to change it back. it was so much better before :(

IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT

Good thing it was actually broke. Aside from a few issues like small nodes and selecting mission types on the same node and information not being shown, this star chart is visually and functionally superior to the last one in every way.