Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In reponse to Prime Time #127: Oxium availability and cost review?

Cray

5 minutes ago, Eureka.seveN said:

Oh, im so sorry for playing the game.

People man....

Misguided people on both sides of the argument. Your surplus is not the problem but a symptom of the problem. There needs to be a resource sink for vets but it should not be so heavily tied to equipment since rising costs would impede the progress of newer players. If they're clever enough, they'll think of some resource sink for vets that will tie into something resembling an end-game hopefully. 

6 minutes ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

Fair enough, but I still maintain that the rate of grind is still somewhat balanced. You gotta take some time, but nothing outrageous. 

imo Cerberus is pretty... liberal with it's Oxium drops. What makes you think that Vauban (Prime) isn't very/the most powerful at what he does?

You're right, old Cerberus wasn't that bad. I'd be fine somewhere in the middle tbh. More than what we have now but less than old Cerberus. Rebecca went in with a Nekros and a 3 DPS kill squad. Newer players might not have loot frames or DPS high enough to kill efficiently. 

I don't get the mentality of complaining about drop rates. Seriously. As for the 'most efficient farming location', again, I just don't get it. I play the game, doing so gets stuff, stuff builds things. Why does it have to be right this second? As for the idea that more than 10 runs of a 5 minute mission is too much, no, sorry. They might as well just give you everything the second time you log in if they make it that easy.

If I choose to focus on attaining something, then attaining that comes with it's own sense of achievement. Make it too easy, there's no sense of achievement there. I know this won't be a popular opinion, I am after all disagreeing with the majority of posters who think it should be easier. I disagree, but I'm not going to get into the motives for wanting it to be easier. Suffice to say if you don't get a lot of time to play per day/week/month, you'll still get there, it just takes a while. If however you want to plat farm, I have no interest in the game being skewed to serve your interests.

To be honest, Rebecca (and team) could've just do 1 of the consoles and camp around the 2nd one (or wherever) for a while. Spawn rate increases after first console, but it'll drop soon after 2nd.
Got to make an average of 300 Oxium this way.... which is still half of the average of old Cerberus on a bad run (I could get between 600 and 1k before)

Dunno why they nerfed Cerberus so bad... I'm glad I got Vauban done before this update (took 3 weeks), and feel bad about those who didn't. They are looking at at least double that time :(
It's not like I want stuff to be easy and/or fast. I did enjoy farming these kind of stuff because I could see an end to it in the foreseeable future.
Right now, if I had to get 8k Oxium again (read: I might have to.... used it all up with Vauban, Kitty, and Okina), I don't even know how to estimate when will I be done. Which is quite discouraging, you'll agree

3 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

I just wish we knew Titania's crafting requirements...If she comes out and costs like 8k Oxium becase "flying frame" I'll be very sad. 

Same. I remember when Zephyr costing 900 Oxium was a big deal - but mind you this was when a paltry 1 -2 Oxium per Oxium Osprey would drop...assuming you destroyed the things before they rammed you and detonated.

Even though Oxium drops in more reasonable quantities atm, that doesn't in any way shape or form justify the near exorbitant Oxium cost for Vauban Prime...who technically shouldn't even need it. Archwings and Archwing weapons I can see...non-flying 'Frames and regular weapons, absolutely not.

Having Vauban Prime costing Oxium at all just reeks of arbitrariness on DE's part.

7 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

To be honest, Rebecca (and team) could've just do 1 of the consoles and camp around the 2nd one (or wherever) for a while. Spawn rate increases after first console, but it'll drop soon after 2nd.
Got to make an average of 300 Oxium this way.... which is still half of the average of old Cerberus on a bad run (I could get between 600 and 1k before)

Dunno why they nerfed Cerberus so bad... I'm glad I got Vauban done before this update (took 3 weeks), and feel bad about those who didn't. They are looking at at least double that time :(
It's not like I want stuff to be easy and/or fast. I did enjoy farming these kind of stuff because I could see an end to it in the foreseeable future.
Right now, if I had to get 8k Oxium again (read: I might have to.... used it all up with Vauban, Kitty, and Okina), I don't even know how to estimate when will I be done. Which is quite discouraging, you'll agree

If people have to delay the progression of a mission to make the most of it instead of playing it normally then there is something quite wrong.

In regards to your Oxium fatigue, I think the worst part is that it's a resource tied to one enemy and one faction. I never complained about the Cryotic/Sibear debacle because there are ways to change up grinding excavation. If we could get Oxium from the other 3 factions it would not feel nearly as grindy and mundane. 

3 minutes ago, Biter. said:

If people have to delay the progression of a mission to make the most of it instead of playing it normally then there is something quite wrong.

That statement is not quite wrong. But, wasn't it the same situation with Cerberus? I mean, it was advised to not capture all stations to purposely make the round last longer (?)

That's just how farming works, I guess?

4 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

That statement is not quite wrong. But, wasn't it the same situation with Cerberus? I mean, it was advised to not capture all stations to purposely make the round last longer (?)

That's just how farming works, I guess?

Really? I got the same numbers as you in non-farm groups. I just ran around like mad with Exalted Blade or some other kill frame while capping as normal. 

Edited by Biter.

Also only get the oxium if you kill the ospey before it suicides.   And i saw alot that were doing just that, rather then getting killed.    Cause even without trying to farm for things, I tend to come out of Corpus missions with a couple hundred at least of the stuff.  and thats without tring...

Easy solution that keeps everyone unhappy (DE way?), new stuff can keep it's stupidly high cost and it can drop over time, that way the hoarders get smacked for wanting the shiny new thing, some people will still plat it because why wait and newbies know that if they serve alittle time all good things come to those who wait.

Mainly though this actually makes sense as that's pretty much how manufacturing of new tech works, flat screens used to be stupidly high cost as a high percentage were manufactured with faults and thrown straight out. Now with developments learnt through massive waste you can get a 40-50 inch HD  for what a 15inch vga used to cost.

Is Cerberus the interception where people used to farm oxium? Because I always went to baal to farm oxium.

Also how long do the runs for each missions take? You can get basically unlimited oxium out of an endless mission, but it will take a lot longer than a mobile defense. Another factor could be that there just didn't show up as many oxium ospreys in the run they did or that some of them exploded, so they didn't drop anything. I think 120 oxium is pretty low for a baal run.

It wouldn't even be that hard to implement, mastery of each weapon must be tracked, when a new weapon comes out just set the thresholds for that weapon based on current player numbers, when say 30% of that number have it mastered it drops 25% build cost, 60% mastered 50% BC and 90% mastered 75% BC. Only way it fails is if the game is losing players like crazy.

1 hour ago, Biter. said:

Your surplus is not the problem but a symptom of the problem. There needs to be a resource sink for vets but it should not be so heavily tied to equipment since rising costs would impede the progress of newer players. If they're clever enough, they'll think of some resource sink for vets that will tie into something resembling an end-game hopefully. 

If we can give some oxium to our buddies, we might wont have "too-much" resources.

Seriously, I don't think the so-called "surplus" is a symptom of a problem IF we can trade resources with other players.

or just make the stupid ospreys drop the oxy no matter what

if you kill them b4 they suicide? 2x/10x the oxy drop

of they ram you and blow themselves up? just a few oxy

as an addition, ALSO make oxy a rare resource drop on a tileset somewhere

boom

whammo

blammo

problem solved

/mikedrop

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

4 hours ago, DeltaPhantom said:

For those unaware, @[DE]Rebecca went after some Oxium during this evening's Prime Time. According to her, the 'statistical jackpot' (paraphrase of her words) for Oxium was Baal, Europa. However, on doing a run there, she managed to gain only about 120 Oxium. Compare that against old Cerberus, which could give upwards of 700 without loot-centric frames.

Intentional or not, this is a bit of a nerf to Oxium availability. If this is going to stay the way it is, could we perhaps get a review of various blueprints that require Oxium? Vauban would be top of the list for review, but the Grattler and Broken War are also up there...

Wait... they nerfed Cerberus?????? I was unaware of this, if so im extremely disappointed, to put it mildly.

And then DE expect us to pay 1800 oxium for mastery fodder like the Okina...

6 hours ago, Dwolfknight said:

blame the horders who have around 100k of that damm thing

Blame DE for offering 4x ressource weekends, FOUR TIMES.

We're being penalized for farming ressources when given the possibility, when it's DE's fault for making it possible in the first place. Hell, we even bought the damn boosters to get 4x, why are we being punished?

It's pretty funny seeing people being positive about the fact that you have to spend 2 days to get a decent amount of oxium, even trying to justify it! I don't think that there are any justification for the fact that they nerfed the only place where you could farm oxium for vauban chasis. 

What I get from all thes farming from yesteryear threads is that there is a massive problem with interception missions. Fast xp, many loot and wave rewards in a matter of seconds.

Obviously the players see no problem with this, but the developers should.

1 hour ago, bubbabenali said:

What I get from all thes farming from yesteryear threads is that there is a massive problem with interception missions. Fast xp, many loot and wave rewards in a matter of seconds.

Obviously the players see no problem with this, but the developers should.

The main problem I see with interception missions is that they are too damn repetitive to run regularly.

8 hours ago, Void_Soldier said:

I don't get the mentality of complaining about drop rates. Seriously. As for the 'most efficient farming location', again, I just don't get it. I play the game, doing so gets stuff, stuff builds things. Why does it have to be right this second? As for the idea that more than 10 runs of a 5 minute mission is too much, no, sorry. They might as well just give you everything the second time you log in if they make it that easy.

If I choose to focus on attaining something, then attaining that comes with it's own sense of achievement. Make it too easy, there's no sense of achievement there. I know this won't be a popular opinion, I am after all disagreeing with the majority of posters who think it should be easier. I disagree, but I'm not going to get into the motives for wanting it to be easier. Suffice to say if you don't get a lot of time to play per day/week/month, you'll still get there, it just takes a while. If however you want to plat farm, I have no interest in the game being skewed to serve your interests.

Huh?  10 runs of a 5 min mission = 50mins.  That is fine.  Nothing wrong with that.

Mobile defenses usually require 6 mins of just sitting there and defending, add loading times, extracting, and running around and your looking at about 9 mins per run on the low side.

So lets run that math.  59 runs of 9 mins =  531 mins = 8.85 hours.  That is wrong, so very wrong.

Lets run some more math.  For many people the Vauban P chassis was a t4 D round C drop.  I know that has changed but I need to put this in perspective for you.

The chassis had a 5% drop rate which means you were expected to hit the t4d round c drop table 20 times.  Let's assume you were really fast a cleared 1wave/min and went to wave 40 on every key.  That is 400 mins across 10 keys.  But you also needed to farm the keys too.  You have a 1/3 chance of getting a t4d key from an interception round 4.  This means you need to hit round 4 in interception missions 30 times to get the keys you need.  That is 120 rounds at 5 mins per round.  That is 600 mins.

Now for the totals.  531 + 400 + 600 = 1531mins = 25.5 hours to farm and build the vauban prime chassis.

You think people have no right to complain when from start to finish it takes more than a day of strait play time to make a quarter of a single prime warframe?  It is abusive amounts of time required like this that prompted the changes to the prime system to start with.