Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds, etc.

Carnage2K4

Sorry, I know this has been said in the past, but as newer player (3-4 months) I'm only just getting into the theory crafting side of the game, and one thing that has been really annoying me lately are the unavailable mods.

Now the wiki says they are from the acolytes (most notably Misery), the only mention of where this acolyte is, is from 'Operation: Shadow Dept', an event from January 26th to February 3rd. As far as I can tell, you cannot get these mods anywhere.

Other threads from February talked about these mods maybe coming back... But I guess they have not, meanwhile they are on the market for up to 400+ plat, which is some serious bullS#&$, You can buy an entire Rhino Prime Set for that amount.

This feels seriously limiting to players who started after February, I just want to play like everyone else, I don't mind grinding for these mods, and I don't mind spending $$$ on the game (I've bought a few of the high cost platinum packs) for cosmetics and prime stuff, but having to buy a relatively common mod in many builds for some serious plat that most ppl have acquired for free in the past is really just a kick in the nuts to new players.

These mods need to be back in circulation, boss, lasting event, the occasional alert, IDC, just seriously, they need to be back in.

Perhaps your new but sadly we've seen MUCH longer waits for Event rewards to return, so appears in Orokin Spy Vaults so it's a start but with there being so many it could be a while before we see all of them back and even then it could be time limited again like say via Baro.

I remember them explicitly stating that they would return after the event ended. Tbh I'm not sure why they aren't all available already. They certainly should be. Sometimes I feel like they keep things exclusive just so people can make money on them...

It's more or less the same as primed chamber. It's not a great mod to begin with (very niche), the price only comes from rarity.

Even on the most critty weapons like Soma/Prime, an argon scope won't be in an optimal build, unless it was replacing a RoF mod for ammo efficiency.

31 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

I remember them explicitly stating that they would return after the event ended. Tbh I'm not sure why they aren't all available already. They certainly should be. Sometimes I feel like they keep things exclusive just so people can make money on them...

Well they returned some of them to the drop tables (moon spy), but conveniently left out some the best and rarest ones...

Edited by CrudShuzKong

18 minutes ago, widenose said:

It's more or less the same as primed chamber. It's not a great mod to begin with (very niche), the price only comes from rarity.

Even on the most critty weapons like Soma/Prime, an argon scope won't be in an optimal build, unless it was replacing a RoF mod for ammo efficiency.

Uh, sorry, but argon scope is very strong on the soma prime, because it gets it into red crit range. The damage increase without avenger or adarza is higher than bladed rounds, and works fine vs corrupted (whereas primed bane mods do not). Argon scope is also good on the rakta cernos and the dex sybaris, to name a few. 

17 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Uh, sorry, but argon scope is very strong on the soma prime, because it gets it into red crit range. The damage increase without avenger or adarza is higher than bladed rounds, and works fine vs corrupted (whereas primed bane mods do not). Argon scope is also good on the rakta cernos and the dex sybaris, to name a few. 

1. Go on wfbuilder

2. Make a build with argon scope

3. Post it here and I'll show you how to improve it by replacing argon scope with something else.

In fact, just look at the highest DPS build on the site for the somaP. Spoiler: no argon scope.

3 minutes ago, widenose said:

1. Go on wfbuilder

3. Post it here and I'll show you how to improve it by replacing argon scope with something else.

In fact, just look at the highest DPS build on the site for the somaP. Spoiler: no argon scope.

It uses Heavy Caliber if i remember right, good job making your Soma useless after 10m range

4 minutes ago, widenose said:

1. Go on wfbuilder

Well, if you can't aim the enemies heads argon scope isn't the mod for you.

8 minutes ago, widenose said:

1. Go on wfbuilder

Found your problem. It's right here ^.

Maybe you should consider learning how to make your own builds and test them yourself? WF builder has led so many people astray it's becoming a running joke...

19 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

Well, if you can't aim the enemies heads argon scope isn't the mod for you.

That's the DPS after headshotting while aiming. It factors that into its calculations.

19 hours ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Found your problem. It's right here ^.

Maybe you should consider learning how to make your own builds and test them yourself? WF builder has led so many people astray it's becoming a running joke...

The whole point of argon scope in the first place is DPS, so it stands to reason that if it doesn't even deliver as much DPS as other builds, then it's pointless.

If you were comparing raw DPS versus a more status oriented build, or you wanted to consider how punch-through is also a DPS increase despite not being factored into a raw DPS calculation, then that would actually be a valid argument. But since argon scope does absolutely nothing but DPS, it's at a disadvantage there anyway.

19 hours ago, Praxxor said:

It uses Heavy Caliber if i remember right, good job making your Soma useless after 10m range

You only need an R7 heavy cal to beat argon scope, which is far from "useless after 10m".

In fact, using another 90% elemental instead of argon scope is only 8% less DPS, with no real downsides.

It also requires you to ignore the fact that if all you really care about is DPS, that secondaries are better anyway. If you care about things other than DPS, then in realistic situations once you get niceties like punch-through or status, you have no room for argon scope.

But to circle back to the original argument, which is that argon scope is too difficult to attain, we have a term for things that are ridiculously expensive for only marginal benefit: luxury goods. I'm not sure what the purpose of the OP actually is, since it basically seems to be "some items are more expensive than others".

1 hour ago, widenose said:

You only need an R7 heavy cal to beat argon scope, which is far from "useless after 10m".

Actually, my standard soma prime build for use vs corrupted is Serration, split chamber, heavy caliber (rank 8), point strike, argon scope, vital sense, and two elemental. For medium level I use two +90% elementals,  and for high level corrupted I'll switch out one of the elementals with a dual stat for extra corrosive procs. Switching argon scope out for an elemental is a loss in dps. 

Wait, why the hek are we arguing about this? Why are we talking about soma prime builds? This thread is about a large number of mods that DE said would be released in the game but haven't been. Stop trying to derail the thread WF builder epeen comparisons. 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:24 AM, Carnage2K4 said:

Sorry, I know this has been said in the past, but as newer player (3-4 months) I'm only just getting into the theory crafting side of the game, and one thing that has been really annoying me lately are the unavailable mods.

Now the wiki says they are from the acolytes (most notably Misery), the only mention of where this acolyte is, is from 'Operation: Shadow Dept', an event from January 26th to February 3rd. As far as I can tell, you cannot get these mods anywhere.

Other threads from February talked about these mods maybe coming back... But I guess they have not, meanwhile they are on the market for up to 400+ plat, which is some serious bullS#&$, You can buy an entire Rhino Prime Set for that amount.

This feels seriously limiting to players who started after February, I just want to play like everyone else, I don't mind grinding for these mods, and I don't mind spending $$$ on the game (I've bought a few of the high cost platinum packs) for cosmetics and prime stuff, but having to buy a relatively common mod in many builds for some serious plat that most ppl have acquired for free in the past is really just a kick in the nuts to new players.

These mods need to be back in circulation, boss, lasting event, the occasional alert, IDC, just seriously, they need to be back in.

I worked my butt off between jan 26th and feb 3rd to earn the rare event mods. Im sorry but youll have to wait a year or more before they come back.

It was the same thing with the 120% damage mods before they came back with the trader and tactical alerts.

Theres some prestige to have been there when the event dropped and owning those mods are part of the prestige.

1 hour ago, (XB1)NecroEric420 said:

I worked my butt off between jan 26th and feb 3rd to earn the rare event mods. Im sorry but youll have to wait a year or more before they come back.

It was the same thing with the 120% damage mods before they came back with the trader and tactical alerts.

Theres some prestige to have been there when the event dropped and owning those mods are part of the prestige.

There is enough Prime stuff around for the "prestige", thats why it's called 'prime', anyone in the last 6 months has not even been given the chance be able to work their but off for the stuff, they are "Rare" mods, gold mods, not prime versions of things, they are less then prime, but currently they are more rarer than prime, because logic...... it makes no sense and stinks of P2W, even if it is a PvE game.

On 7/25/2016 at 3:57 PM, widenose said:

Spoiler: no argon scope.

Spoiler, Argon Scope.

While it isn't a panacea for all weapons, it's one of the best mods for the likes of Soma, not because of red-crits, but because of consistent normal crits. "Highest DPS builds" tend to miss one very important thing - the extra x2 damage multiplier headshot crits get. And while on body shots Argon Scope can be indeed outperformed by a range of other mods, the situation is completely different when it comes to weapons that can score headshots most of the time. Like Soma.

Edited by Epsik-kun

This game has been unfriendly for newbs for a long time now, because of lack of tutorial/direction in the game and locking away content aswell that only old players will have and then if the new players want that content they have to pay for it...

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 3:00 AM, Praxxor said:

Not really true. The gun has more dispersion, but the accuracy is still good enough to make headshots at most combat ranges. You might use somewhat more ammo, but autrotrigger guns inherently have ammo use issues no matter what you do. You'll always be firing in bursts.

The real cost to the Soma/SomaP when using HC and the acolyte mods is the tradeoff with raw dps and punchthrough. Shred is the mod that is on the chopping block when using AS and BR. So you're trading the ability to kill very tough targets more quickly against that of force multiplication of killing multiple lighter enemies with the same bullet.

On 25/07/2016 at 7:54 AM, Lord_Azrael said:

Well i believe i got one of these "Acolyte" mods from lua spy mission, it wasnt argon scope but hydraulic crosshair, which is from same event, or maybe i am mistaken. Anyway you can alway buy plat and buy those mods from players, i am wishing i havent sold my 5 argon scopes at such "low" prices. Also something that baro can bring. 

Edited by Hopeisdead

22 hours ago, Hopeisdead said:

Well i believe i got one of these "Acolyte" mods from lua spy mission, it wasnt argon scope but hydraulic crosshair, which is from same event, or maybe i am mistaken. Anyway you can alway buy plat and buy those mods from players, i am wishing i havent sold my 5 argon scopes at such "low" prices. Also something that baro can bring. 

Acording to the wiki, Hydraulic Crosshairs does come from spy misisons and acolytes, however there are a multitude of mods that are only avalible from the finished event(s).

As I said, IF these mods were avalible, I don't mind trying to get them the normal way, I'm really just not up for spending 400p every time I have a theoretical loadout I want to test that needs one of these unobtainable mods, I'd much rather be buying cosmetics or other market stuff. 

Well, we have a new mission section, with 2 of the acolytes to hunt...

Not the ones I am personally after, but I hope we see more of this.

I'm going to assume my thread was just good timing, as opposed to being heard and acted upon by the powers that be.

:D

On July 25, 2016 at 1:54 AM, Lord_Azrael said:

wait no it cant be. PRIMED CHAMBER. They said that would be re released. it's been 3 years. ahhhhh the business of exclusive content

6 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Well, we have a new mission section, with 2 of the acolytes to hunt...

Not the ones I am personally after, but I hope we see more of this.

I'm going to assume my thread was just good timing, as opposed to being heard and acted upon by the powers that be.

:D

Which ones are they?