Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr is the only warframe drop that makes sense

(PSN)bddacres

1 minute ago, (PS4)Squarehead08 said:

And atlas

and inaros  but idk about the tenno lab but im refering to boss drop frames

Just now, (PS4)Squarehead08 said:

Not to mention all the frames in the Tenno lab.

Edited by (PS4)bddacres

well, frost drops from a cold boss with a hammer that can freeze you (he can't....), ember drops from a boss that burns you @$$, trinity drops from 2 bosses working together (support basically), rhino drops from a heavy proxy with strong armor and has a strong punch, the rest (mag, loki, saryn, excalibur, equinox, hydroid, nova) don't make sense 

Just now, Kenshin98 said:

well, frost drops from a cold boss with a hammer that can freeze you (he can't....), ember drops from a boss that burns you @$$, trinity drops from 2 bosses working together (support basically), rhino drops from a heavy proxy with strong armor and has a strong punch, the rest (mag, loki, saryn, excalibur, equinox, hydroid, nova) don't make sense 

Yeah I imagine the tech the boss uses is ripped off from the warframe BPs you collect off them.  A lot of bosses are also in line for a rework.  Don't ask me about Equinox... unless there is more to the boss that drops her than meets the eye... considering he's a clone master scientist it wouldn't surprise me... 

2 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Same reason why most resource drops don't make sense, credit drops from Corpus proxies don't really make sense (unless the Corpus humans are using them as piggy banks), most mod drops don't make sense: it's a video game mechanic.

They do use their proxies for things like that apparently, so who knows? maybe they have a little credit dispenser in that backpack thing of theirs. Hit it just right and they spit out like tickets at a carnival game.

7 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Same reason why most resource drops don't make sense, credit drops from Corpus proxies don't really make sense (unless the Corpus humans are using them as piggy banks), most mod drops don't make sense: it's a video game mechanic.

Boss drops are different from resource drops thoo. you can actually include lore in bosses

#HowToSolve

Add Lotus VO lines relating boss to frame (such as "x boss has an interest in x frame")

example (Sargus ruk has become so obsessed with his fire weaponry he has started to examine and replicate parts from the ember warframe)

5 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

They don't actually drop the parts anymore like they used to though.

(Back when farming frames was true hell)

I see it more as Lotus giving you that frame part as a reward for finishing off a boss.

Ah...I remember getting Trinity from Vay Hek! And the blueprints falling into the chasm next to the platform you were fighting him. Or not dropping blueprint at all -_-

Nostalgia!

Edited by Kialandi

I swear to god the "muh lore" people are getting annoying. Everything doesn't have to be justified in "the lore".

Warframes are bits of technology. You're not getting Valkyr's parts and putting her back together like some Frankenstein. You're getting the blueprints, which can be copied and replicated. This is how you can have Trinity and Trinity Prime. Normal frames are degraded versions of Prime frames, because the knowledge of how to make a prime has been lost and (if I know my lore), infestation is used to supplement the missing part of how to make a warframe work.

Baro will compliment you, Tenno, on wearing a "costume" representing his people. Meaning Inaros.

As such, pretty much any drop of a warframe blueprint can be justified. It's knowledge, instructions on how to make the frame, not actual parts of it. This is most exemplified in quests for getting warframes.

So there it is - justification on any warframe drop which should work in the lore. What is annoying to me is that people aren't even trying to put pieces together and figure something out. How what is already there can make sense and work in the world. If it's not spelled out for them, then it simply doesn't work.

55 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

I assume Equinox parts were found by Tyl Regor while he was excavating all those Orokin ruins/crashed ships at the bottom of the Ocean.

And Valkyr in particular is under a lot of contention about her lore. Some people believe Valkyr Prime can't work in the lore, as she was created by the corpus. There was never a Valkyr Prime. Others are saying it'll work just fine, as her text refers to an "original valkyr", whose degraded version is all we have.