Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a new proper Corpus tileset!

Cyborg-Rox

Scott mentioned in the last Devstream that they have been focusing a lot on general content for the Grineer lately, specially with The War Within, but said that they're going to start shifting over to Corpus soon.

So, with that in mind, it's been years since we've gotten a proper Corpus tileset. In fact, Jupiter is the only proper Corpus-themed tileset in the entire game, excluding the ancient ship and outpost tilesets. Now of course, Europa has a unique Corpus tileset, but I feel like it's not a proper Corpus-themed tileset, because it's 60% ice, 30% ruined and destroyed metal structures, and 10% actual intact Corpus aesthetics.

Now, what makes this such a shame is, there's already a really cool basis for what an epic high-tech detailed Corpus tileset could be. There's signs of it not only in the 10% of Europa, but also in the infested ships on Eris (which I'd say consists of 30% intact structures that looks really cool).

I've been running around these two tilesets and captured some examples of really cool Corpus rooms and structures that I would love so much to have an entire tileset like:

http://i.imgur.com/MHaGwy2.jpg Either click this link, or open the Spoiler and go full size, it's a big image *-*

Spoiler

MHaGwy2.jpg You'll have to click it to zoom in.

Not only that, but we're sitting on 3 Corpus planets that are just crying to get a unique tileset! 

* Neptune, the Corpus' home and main robotic manufacturing location.
* Pluto, an almost entirely un-manned base of operations for not only robotic manufacturing, but also the Outer Terminus.
* Venus, the very first Corpus planet new players visit, and the only Corpus planet with potential for overly-heated environments rather than overly-frozen.

I personally just adore the high-tech style of the Corpus more than any other faction, in general. And I think it's a shame, because there's so much cool potential here, and yet we're stuck with almost nothing but bland 3 year-old tilesets for them.

What do you think, Tenno?

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Very much +1.

I'd personally love to see Neptune. It is not only their home and the main robotic R&D centre, but also home to the Indoctrination Temples: I feel that it would be a blast to see a Corpus environment that isn't the usual cargo ship / manufactory. Something with less crates and more propaganda for capitalism for me to shoot at!

4 minutes ago, Echowing said:

I'd love to see a REAL Venus tilesets, with a mix of hazardous outdoor environments and indoor Corpus bunkers, to shelter from the harsh environment.

Well, the fragments says that the Corpus only built in areas where Orokin tecnology maintain the temperature endurable. Must be that black towers in the horizon and if you look in the sky, you will see that the atmosphere is thinner above the snow area and increase in thickness further away from the towers. But this means that Pluto don't have his own tileset. Because Corpus Outpost is Venus tileset. 

Maybe if DE shift many missions that use the Corpus Ship tileset to inland missions, half in the mountains (Corpus Outpost), half in the heated area of the planet, it could work.

I agree to a new Corpus Tileset, but only on the grounds that it isn't filled with ridiculous amounts of narrow Corridors like the ones on Eris, it's way too easy to get trapped in there, and Bursas are nevermore dangerous than when they catch you in a stairwell. the ones on normal ships are fine, it's the ones that are one-Tenno wide that annoy me.

in terms of where these Tilesets could be, I'd like for us to pay a visit to one of the so-called Indoctrination Temples on Neptune, a place that would fuse Corpus space-tech with strange religious artefacts and symbols, some monuments and statues to the Orokin, the Void and to profit itself. I'd also like us to finally have an encounter with a member of the Board (I think Frohd Bek is a member, could be wrong), but either way, more contact with the REAL Corpus higher ups, rather than Salad V and crazy uncle Nef.

I desperately want to see Corpus HQ on Neptune. The cities/bases on Neptune are described as 'temples' where they preform some sort of process of indoctrination to the Corpus. I've always imagined they would be something akin to the Xel'Naga-like structures in SCII except more electronic and nuanced. Perhaps something like this.

mohamed-baki-pyramid-city-final-med.jpg?

Gonna need some anger management and therapy to get through them focusing on the Corpus.

I cant with them.

But some new tiles are always refreshing, im hoping they turn Pluto into a proper unmanned factory like one of the fragments indicate.