Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Scope really worth it?

xXx_mtv_xXx

4 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

The only weapons it'd be useful on are weapons that are close to red crit but arent( ie Soma P)

Red crit will double the damage of your crits while Bladed rounds will only give you 120% more crit damage. So if you used bladed rounds on a Soma P with Point Strike then youd'd get a 10.2 crit multiplier. If you used Argon Scope it'd become a 13.2 crit multiplier. 

But at the same time the criteria for Argon Scope is a headshot. So lets say you headshot an enemy, you now have that buff. If you use bladed rounds you have to kill them enemy. And for instance if you were against a high armored bombard, and ONLY a bombard then that bladed rounds would NEVER kick in until after killing the bombard making it never even matter.

Also with argon scope you tend to be aiming for the head more resulting in hopefully more headshots resulting in more headshot crit multipliers which would bring an argon scopes multiplier up to I believe 52.8 multiplier while a Bladed rounds headshot would be a mere 40.8 multiplier.

So again it all depends on your preference, playstyle, and situation.

Yeah and that once again brings this back to my original point about CC :D so that pretty much answers my question, thanks. 

Argon scope isn't as useful on the tonkor and the synoid simulor, because you don't get headshots on almost evrey hit.

On the Dex sybaris and the Rakta Cernos, it's really good. On those you can use it with bladed rounds and you don't want heavy caliber.

On weapons like the soma (prime) or the dread it is still a very good mod.
The mod setup would always be serration + split chamber, then 2 elemental mods and then 2 point strike and vital sense for crit.
So you have 2 mods left where you can put in whatever fits your playstyle best. 1 of those could be heavy caliber for the soma and on the dread you probably want speed trigger or something similar. The final mod slot would be filled with either argon scope or bladed rounds.
I usually go with argon scope. While bladed rounds might come out ahead in terms of raw damage, argon scope has some other advantages. Crits get an extra 2x multiplier on headshots and you don't have to kill an enemy to trigger the effect, which can be nice in some situations. Also pushing your crit chance over the 100% chance is nice to make sure you deal more damage consistently. This is most important on weapons like sniper rifles.
When you are killing a lot of weaker enemies, where you don't try as hard to hit the head all the time, bladed rounds is probably better.

Long story short- argon scope should be used, when it pushes your crit chance above 100%. It is probably not worth the price in plat.

1 hour ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I'm sure you all know how much this mod is being sold for. 

I'm not convinced it's actually worth buying or even using on endgame weapons. Let me explain. 

The endgame seems to be mostly about CC frames and CC weapons. Let's take Sortie 3 as an example of the endgame. 

The best CC weapons in this game seem to be Tonkor and Synoid Simulor. I also see some Sancti Tigris and Vaykor Hek, but this topic doesn't apply to them. I rarely see bows like Dread and Paris Prime. I very rarely see assault rifles like Soma Prime. 

So, what's Argon Scope actually good for? Precision rifles and bows. They're not exactly CC weapons.

So, is Argon Scope good for using with the best CC weapons?.. How often do you get headshots with Tonkor and Synoid Simulor? 

So, is Argon Scope really worth it? Or is it simply a ridicuously overrated and overpriced mod? 

if your mindset is price = usefulness against sortie or endgame then you are wrong.
it is all about the playstyle of one individual.All Person A want is shoot out a spam of red crit so he wanted to farm out argon scope but couldn't get it after 50+ run so temptation and the pent-up rage against rng is what can possibly lead to the price.

Saying it is a good mod if you don't have bladed rounds is an answer to your question. However, when you get bladed rounds, argon scope becomes much less useful. The simplest answer can give is

No, argon scope is not worth it. It is way too expensive, bladed rounds is much cheaper and except very few situations (like facing a lone lvl 100 bombard, like does that even happen) it is objectively better than argon scope.

The price is high because of the rarity and the fact people want all the content in the game, so a small group are willing to overpay for every thing. As far as a mod itself, I have it and use it but don't think it is worth it if your buying it. If you are blessed with RNG luck sure any mod that has a increase in damage output is worth using on something.

I use bladed round way more than AS to be honest. Then again I think maiming strike was the best mod out of that whole event but then again I tend to like melee better now a days

Argon scope > all cuz we are in red crit meta now.jk

It is not worth that amount of plat, (but having this mod is like +10 to bad4$$, same like excal prime).

What can I say about argon but not about excal p. I have it. ;(

Love these topics when people don't look at the bigger picture, Damage 3.0, Argon scope will be in high demand, or anything for that matter that can produce crit chance or high damage numbers.  Though by then if its still not out again the price will probably be 1000p, when I see threads like these I keep thinking its people who are either A) Upset cause they don't want to shell out the plat to buy the mod that they had no luck farming themselves, or B) Trying to convince themselves that the mod isn't all that useful so as they don't feel as bad for missing out.

7 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I'm sure you all know how much this mod is being sold for. 

I'm not convinced it's actually worth buying or even using on endgame weapons. Let me explain. 

The endgame seems to be mostly about CC frames and CC weapons. Let's take Sortie 3 as an example of the endgame. 

The best CC weapons in this game seem to be Tonkor and Synoid Simulor. I also see some Sancti Tigris and Vaykor Hek, but this topic doesn't apply to them. I rarely see bows like Dread and Paris Prime. I very rarely see assault rifles like Soma Prime. 

So, what's Argon Scope actually good for? Precision rifles and bows. They're not exactly CC weapons.

So, is Argon Scope good for using with the best CC weapons?.. How often do you get headshots with Tonkor and Synoid Simulor? 

So, is Argon Scope really worth it? Or is it simply a ridicuously overrated and overpriced mod? 

argon scope is good for soma prime. i dont know if you realize how strong having 100% crit rate is, but it's way more valuable than you make it out to be. the occasional red crits are okay but ive never seen an outstanding number from them so,, yeah DPS is the thing that makes argon scope worth it

I've had an Argon Scope before (traded it for vauban chassis back then) and here's where i find it useful.

• Ego Red Crit
  • Tonkor

And here are my reasons why getting rid of it is much more beneficial.

• Sancti Tigris
  • Most of the time you won't really be aiming for headshots to kill and or for those red crits. If you want satisfying red crits go melee modded for bloodrush. Start button mashing.
  • There are only 2 types of weapon in warframe: The one you'll forma for an awful lot of time, and the other is mastery fodder.
  • It sells high for those who have an itch for collection.
  • Point Strike is enough.
  • Unless you're using tonkor most of the time, if your red crit can only kill one enemy at a time, then you're playing the wrong game.
  • The new crit cat is badass.

But I was asking if Argon Scope is even worth using on endgame weapons like Tonkor and Synoid Simulor, because they are clearly more used and more effective for endgame CC, which is what this game is mostly about. 

AoE hits no longer count as headshots so it's not worth it to use it on the Tonkor anymore, imo it was never worth it to use it on the Simulor either, but now it's not good on either.

Here's a part of my post in the other thread that people seem to have ignored

"Weapons with about 15% crit chance would get above the 50% mark with both Point Strike and Argon Scope (nobody would use Argon Scope alone). Which can seriously help with their damage output. An example would be the Latron Prime, despite having a good crit multiplier it's seriously held back by its crit chance, adding bladed rounds would only leave that problem open."

I would say the mod might be great to put in if they remove the damage mods, for now Point Strike alone is good enough for most crit primaries.

The main issue with Argon Scope is that it's not like Blunderbuss vs Laser Sight offering a higher crit chance bonus at the cost of having to meet the conditions constantly. It can only improve the crit chance when used in conjuction with Point Strike, which can be a waste of a mod slot in some or probably most circumstances.

Well considering pairing it with bladed rounds allows my crit-oriented weapons such as the Dex Sybaris to hit 4 or 5 digit red crits on most enemies in the game I say yeah. The only thing that can out-dps is me is possibly a properly modded Tonkor. 

Edited by Tymerc

6 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

argon scope is good for soma prime. i dont know if you realize how strong having 100% crit rate is, but it's way more valuable than you make it out to be. the occasional red crits are okay but ive never seen an outstanding number from them so,, yeah DPS is the thing that makes argon scope worth it

DPS wise Bladed Rounds might be better with the Soma (Prime) depending on the conditions (faction, levels).

75% is enough for me. Even if some bullets don't crit, the majority always will.

Well then why would they pay hundreds of plat for a mod which they won't even use in endgame? You can buy some amazing VAULTED frames and weapons for that much lol. 

Collection, aside from overhype, is one of the driver factors for sellers to rake so much plat to feed their pockets.

To the original question: 

Nope, not worth the price at all since is a slight sidegrade for some but nice buff to others that lack fire-rate (snipers). In short, is just for those desire min/max stats.

As few already mentioned, it also helps when reaching to the point can't effectively kill enemies to proc the crit buff.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

Don't Buy, Farm! It's not worth selling your Orbiter and your clothes to get but it is damn useful. I heard that you guys got Shadow Dept back so slaughter the Acolytes until you get it!

If I only got to this thread sooner I wouldn't be stationed outside of Darvo's place begging people for plat.

Jk. I got lucky and got enough of them from the first time the event came out. Though this time I wan't so lucky. Maybe I'll get more from Misery.

I only have 1 Argon Scope now. I sold the rest for 100 - 150p each after the event was over. 

While it's certainly not worth like 650 plat I see in trade, it is indeed worth for a damage boost. If you are heading for late game then bladed rounds falls off pretty hard. When you can't kill in one shot, you will want the activated red crits from a headshot to more consistently gain a damage boost.