The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's so bad about this war?

so in warframe I've only seen the corpus, grineer, and tenno thats it so who is this fight between the three, really hurting? besides each other of course. Like really I've never seen a civilian/ neutral planet or other intelligent life forms even officially mentioned by name or other means of acknowledgment, you only go to planets that are controlled by one faction or the other, and your only there to mess there world up, you never go to a civilian/ neutral planet to defend it form an attack.

Just now, (XB1)ObjectedPit9506 said:

what i mean is I've seen, no other alien race thats being affected by this war, no netural race thats being atacked ,its just the corpus(a hostile party) vs the grineer( a hostile party)

but besides those two and the tenno I've seen no one really being affected by this war

Well as mentioned, there are others, but we dont see them. The reason? A neutral party is absolutely unimportant. They affect eachother, so they're affecting someone. Just like IRL there are winners and losers. No neutral parties.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)ObjectedPit9506 said:

what i mean is I've seen, no other alien race thats being affected by this war, no netural race thats being atacked ,its just the corpus(a hostile party) vs the grineer( a hostile party)

but besides those two and the tenno I've seen no one really being affected by this war

It has been told: we avoid civilian colonies unless there's no other way. Because the Corpus and Grineer have means to detect void energy. And if we go to a civilian area, they house us, and when we leave, should the Grineer/Corpus find out...

5 minutes ago, (XB1)ObjectedPit9506 said:

i agree that this game is still growing, but it's strange that they can't even give us a name for any other alien race thats being affected, not a single name for neutral races, or

other races that are working with the grineer or the corpus

Because there are no alien races (currently), just the remnants of humans and their colonies, We haven't even left the solar system.

Also mars was home to the "sky worshipers", so there's a neutral party for you.

Edited by rapt0rman

I would actually love there to be some civilian planets, with a couple cites on them you could go and explore. They are staffed by neutral party (New race, or just non-warlike members of each faction) members, and are not to be attacked under any circumstance. There is also a peace treaty in effect while you're there. So any faction, except infestation ofc, can go and roam around. In these cities you would be able to accept quests from civilians, which give credit or resource rewards. There could also be some exclusive shops in the cities where you can buy certain cosmetics, weapons, and landing crafts. 

Idk, I would just love to see that.

Edited by PoisonHD

57 minutes ago, (XB1)ObjectedPit9506 said:

so in warframe I've only seen the corpus, grineer, and tenno thats it so who is this fight between the three, really hurting? besides each other of course. Like really I've never seen a civilian/ neutral planet or other intelligent life forms even officially mentioned by name or other means of acknowledgment, you only go to planets that are controlled by one faction or the other, and your only there to mess there world up, you never go to a civilian/ neutral planet to defend it form an attack.

Actually there are civilians, they just happen to live in colonies far away from the combat zone. There is something called "Ask a Cephalon" in which they do mention this. It's also better that Tenno and Warframes never go to a colony because that colony may be targeted next/ Tenno can only channel their powers, they could lose control and kill everyone on accident (same applies to Warframes as they are only conduits) What we are doing by going to the planets we have and doing what we do we actually are inadvertently keeping those civilians safe

3 minutes ago, (XB1)ObjectedPit9506 said:

lotus is a sentient being

Heavy spoilers

Sentients were advanced machines made by the orokin and sent to the tau system to colonize it for them, so technically not aliens and questionable if they count as a "race"

Edited by rapt0rman

1 minute ago, (XB1)ObjectedPit9506 said:

lotus is a sentient being

Sentients are not aliens. The only thing we can call "ALIEN" in Warframe are Sentinels. Because the Cephalon Fragment about them says they're aliens.

Everyone else comes from the Orokin empire or is a Orokin creation, like the Sentients.

Spoiler

On the border of chartered space, an enclave of small, strange, seemingly intelligent creatures was discovered by Tenno explorers. They are mechanical entities, almost organic in appearance, with a precarious resemblance to the fearsome Sentients that had decimated human civilization. Howevere, these creatures showed no signs of aggression, and they immediately began carrying out helpful tasks in peculiar alliance with the Tenno. -Sentinels Fragment

1 hour ago, Misterff1 said:

Well as mentioned, there are others, but we dont see them. The reason? A neutral party is absolutely unimportant. They affect eachother, so they're affecting someone. Just like IRL there are winners and losers. No neutral parties.

What he asks is why the Tenno are needed? They could just watch the 2 superpowers self-destruct. That is why, the game should place more emphasis on what the Tenno are meant to protect.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)ObjectedPit9506 said:

it's strange that they can't even give us a name for any other alien race thats being affected, not a single name for neutral races, or

other races that are working with the grineer or the corpus

It isn't that they can't -- I mean, it's pretty easy to make up new races and chunk them into a story. It's just that they haven't done this yet. Warframe is primarily about combat, movement and personal customization, and so the vast majority of the game's content goes toward that. Civilians have been mentioned in passing during mission dialogue and in a couple item descriptions in the Codex. Adding more civilians would be purely for lore and universe, which frequently take a back seat to other things. The main reason for this is resource allocation -- we only add so much to the game by putting in civilians. This value can be different depending on the player: some revel in lore, others never bother. Furthermore, Warframe's development is in slow, staggered steps forward in multiple areas with no real order, like a drunk centipede. We didn't learn what a Tenno was until over two years into the game.

Looking at similar assets already in the game, I think it's safe to say DE is putting fleshing out a more macro science fantasy universe on the back burner in favour of fleshing out the micro elements of this, ways that are more personal to each individual player. Civilians would be slotted into the same play aspect as the Relays (introduced for stress testing the servers) and Clan Dojos, areas you can interact with but not conduct a combat mission in. It's plain to see that these areas require extra time and disk space but are rarely ever used by the players. Relays are always ghost towns unless Baro Ki'Teer is there, and Dojos are hardly ever used for anything beyond clan research. I'm not saying adding civilian locales is a bad idea, but it might be something the game isn't ready for just yet. Too much time and effort would be going to an asset that would be incredibly underused.

It would be interesting to see civilians more integrated into the gameplay itself. We recently got more of this in some higher-level Defense missions where the squad must defend a mobile, non-Tenno operative. I would really like to see a mission taking place in a city, vis-a-vis story mode in the Halo games: going to a civilian area that gets attacked by a faction as you're there, and the Tenno must stop the invasion and save as many civilians as possible. The obstacle to this is also time and resources: while this would a fun mission to do, it would be very hard to make and would lack the replay value other mission modes have (how many times have you replayed Halo's story mode?).  Maybe we'll see this kind of thing in a future quest. Or if they could somehow make that kind of mission as a replayable, procedurally-generated mission like the rest of the game, it might work really well.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ObjectedPit9506 said:

so in warframe I've only seen the corpus, grineer, and tenno thats it so who is this fight between the three, really hurting? besides each other of course.

Have you tried listening to your ship's radio?

8 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

I wouldn't mind another tenno-esque "free the people" type of civilian faction. You can see examples in RL that even if the goals are the same for each organization they don't always see eye to eye.

Literally syndicates.

1 minute ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

And what do they do? Stare at us.

Meridian protects neutral colonies and takes in grineer defectors.

Veil leads a partisan war against Grineer and Corpus.

Loka is looking for a way to restore Earth.

Sequence propagates fair trade to bring prosperity to the system.

Suda explores for the sake of it.

Arbiters are the only Tenno-centric syndicate.

All of that is literally written in their descriptions. Do you even lore?