Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many corrosive procs does it take to get to the center of a heavy gunner?

(PSN)BY-51

Question

24 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Is it 25% overall or per tick?

each corrosive proc should remove 25% of total armor....more armor they have u need more procs that why corrosive projection is almost important as gear u use to can handle armor....cz after  lvl 150 grineers are very hard...to kill if u dont have cp

5 minutes ago, ashrah said:

each corrosive proc should remove 25% of total armor....more armor they have u need more procs that why corrosive projection is almost important as gear u use to can handle armor....cz after  lvl 150 grineers are very hard...to kill if u dont have cp

Each corossive proc only removes 25% of the unit's current armor. So if, for example, a heavy gunner with 100 armor gets a proc, it would only have 25 armor removed. The second time the heavy gunner gets procced, it's armor will decrease by 25% of it's current 75 armor, which would be reduced by 18.75 armor and  so on. Armor only gets removed once the unit's armor is below 1.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Corrosive_Damage

2 hours ago, ashrah said:

25% per proc 4 shot if all 4 proc

Corrosive Procs only remove 25% of the target's current Armour rating. As a result I'm not sure if you can ever completely negate armour with Corrosive Procs but you can definitely reduce it to levels where the enemy's armour is negligible.

Basically it goes

% Armour Rating   100
Proc 1   75
  2   56.25
  3   42.1875
  4   31.64063
  5   23.73047
  6   17.79785
  7   13.34839
  8   10.01129
  9   7.508469
  10   5.631351
  11   4.223514
  12   3.167635
  13   2.375726
  14   1.781795
  15   1.336346
  16   1.00226

Just stopping there because the cycle keeps going and having reduced something from 100% armour rating to 1% of it is good enough for illustrative purposes.

If you want to quickly, easily strip armour from a target I suggest using the Shaku with Virulent Scourge, Voltaic Strike, Body Count, Weeping Wounds and Shattering Impact equipped. Each hit guarantees the enemy will lose 6 armour and that stacks with Corrosive procs. 

12 minutes ago, ashrah said:

I ´m not sure, but if it works like u said: 25% per proc 4 shot if all proc, it ´s 100% and in this case no matters if enemy is lvl10 or lvl500. 

Isn ´t something like this: Weapon have 10 projectiles with 50% stat chance (chance to proc) which means 5 projectiles will proc ( nobody knows which ones), with 25% armour remove per tick, ticks are, lets say 4, enemy is lvl100, 1st tick removes 25% from 100, u will get 75 but 2nd will not remove 25% from 100 but from 75 armor? In this case u never get armor into absolut zero. Question also is: if next projectile will also proc are the ticks with previous proc stacks or he is continuing  with removing actuall armor his way?

1 hour ago, WrathAscending said:

Corrosive Procs only remove 25% of the target's current Armour rating. As a result I'm not sure if you can ever completely negate armour with Corrosive Procs but you can definitely reduce it to levels where the enemy's armour is negligible.

You absolutely can remove ALL armor.  See my video. Their health bar changes from yellow to red, and their damage vulnerabilities change to health instead of armor.

The reason this happens is rounding. If the enemy would have less than an armor value of 0.5 after being corroded,  the game just sets it to zero instead, making them a non armored enemy.  The number of status procs it takes to do this depends on how much armor the enemy had to start with, so it's a lot more difficult to armor-strip something like a heavy gunner than a light weight like a butcher.

1 minute ago, Momaw said:

You absolutely can remove ALL armor.  See my video. Their health bar changes from yellow to red, and their damage vulnerabilities change to health instead of armor.

The reason this happens is rounding. If the enemy would have less than an armor value of 0.5 after being corroded,  the game just sets it to zero instead, making them a non armored enemy.  The number of status procs it takes to do this depends on how much armor the enemy had to start with, so it's a lot more difficult to armor-strip something like a heavy gunner than a light weight like a butcher.

Yeah, I just didn't know whether armour kept infinitely rounding down to ever smaller fractions of a percentage and could never be completely removed via Corrosive Procs or whether there was a point at which it was rounded down to zero.

Either way, 30 Procs is a lot. More than you're ever likely to see on a single target unless you've taken a low-damage weapon.

2 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

Either way, 30 Procs is a lot. More than you're ever likely to see on a single target unless you've taken a low-damage weapon.

It's really not practical most of the time, no.

If anybody is really in love with corrosion status as a way to deal with high level armor, then I recommend specialized builds for things like Strun Wraith, Torid, or Aksilleto Prime. Most weapons simply can't dish up enough corrosion to be worthwhile.

I don't remember how to do the logarithmic notation, but here's a quick and dirty Lua script that shows how to calculate the answer without using a calculator's log function.

Level = 100

BaseLevel = 8 --See wiki, Heavy Gunner page
BaseArmor = 500 --See above

Armor = BaseArmor * (1 + (((Level - BaseLevel) ^ 1.75) * 0.005))

local i = 0
while Armor > 0 do
    i = i + 1
    Armor = Armor * 0.75
    if Armor < 1 then
        Armor = 0
    end
end

print(i)

Edit: @Momaw, are you sure it's 0.5? I was told it's rounded to 0 once it's less than 1. 0.5 vs 0 armor may not sound like much, but this chart showing multiplier growths for our proverbial heavy gunner show how certain damage types can change dramatically with just 1 point of armor, so knowing if you need 1 extra proc can matter... On paper, at least...

What? Don't look at me like that, I demand perfect accuracy to 200 decimal places!

Edited by DeltaPhantom

So second question: Does status duration have any effect on a corrosive proc?

Third question: can multiple instance be achieved with more than one weapon. 

Forth question: so does a lvl 100 heavy gunner have like 710% armor if it takes that many corrosives?

1 hour ago, (PS4)BY-51 said:

Forth question: so does a lvl 100 heavy gunner have like 710% armor if it takes that many corrosives?

-Only for players. Enemies, nope.

-Uh, yes? The Corrosive proc is applied instantly, and before the damage from your attack. Once it's been applied, that proc is done. Two people proccing Corrosive in rapid succession is the same as one person getting it to proc twice in rapid succession. I think that's what you're asking about, right?

-Yes, but not 710%. They have a base armor of 500. At level 100, they have ~7332 armor. That's more like ~1466%.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

1 hour ago, (PS4)BY-51 said:

No.  Corrosive procs are instantaneous and permanent on PvE enemies - the green corrosive effect is just for show, to let you know you've procced them.  The only time duration matters on corrosive procs is on other players.

You can certainly apply corrosive procs with two different weapons, so long as those two weapons are modded for corrosive damage - corrosive procs are corrosive procs, regardless of the source.

You can't have two instances of corrosive procs occurring simultaneously because, as I said, corrosive procs do not have a duration.  They take effect, permanently reduce the victim's armor, and then are gone.  Don't think of Corrosive procs as a status effect - think of it like dealing damage to the opponent's armor rating, instead of dealing damage to their health or shields.

No, the fact that it takes 30 corrosive procs isn't really affected by the amount of armor an enemy has.  Each proc removes 25% of the enemy's current armor - if they have 100 armor, 25 is removed.  If they have 500, then 125 is removed.  If they have 10,000,000 armor, 2,500,000 armor is gone.  The corrosive proc just removes a quarter of whatever armor they currently have when it lands.

Edited by Arkvold

Keep in mind, the damage reduction provided by their armor goes down with each proc. You don't need to strip armor 100% to see a damage increase. In fact in a lot of cases CAN'T fully strip armor with a proc weapon because you will kill the target before it reaches a low enough number to lose it's armor entirely.

31 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

No, the fact that it takes 30 corrosive procs isn't really affected by the amount of armor an enemy has.

Yes it is. The number of procs required increases with level in a logarithmic manner, and can be expressed as Log0.75(1/Starting Armor).

Edited by DeltaPhantom

5 hours ago, VKhaun said:

Keep in mind, the damage reduction provided by their armor goes down with each proc. You don't need to strip armor 100% to see a damage increase. In fact in a lot of cases CAN'T fully strip armor with a proc weapon because you will kill the target before it reaches a low enough number to lose it's armor entirely.

This ^^^ this is why I love the Mutalist cernos

12 hours ago, VKhaun said:

You also notice the opposite effect when using a not so high damage weapon that strips armor fast like Strun Wraith. You gt rid of armor in like 4-5 shots at any level but... afte the armor is gone the weapon might not be so effective.

7 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

You also notice the opposite effect when using a not so high damage weapon that strips armor fast like Strun Wraith. You gt rid of armor in like 4-5 shots at any level but... afte the armor is gone the weapon might not be so effective.

The Strun Wraith and Boar Prime strip armor crazy fast because at 100% status chance, every pellet procs. You get several corrosive procs per shot.