Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think about the changes in SOTR?

Cool3303

Call me a filthy casual, but sometimes I see that people lose their minds over things and I don't understand.

• Yes, now we have to farm for Void Traces, annoying, but it's not like I am forced to only play to get prime parts, I can do other things.
  • I can agree on the ducats thing, but DE is lowering the ducat prices so it could be worse, it could be better though.
  • I don't really care about the explosion damage, I still kill entire rooms with my Simulor.
  • The credit reward and reputation missions nerf, I fully agree with you there, what was the point of doing that anyway?

I am not defending DE saying that there is nothing wrong with the update, because there are a lot of bad things, but I see that people get all dramatic claming that "THE GAME IS RUINED" and I just don't get it. I still play and have fun, and isn't that the whole point of playing a videogame?

So far I am liking the new systems. I think the main issue is that of seeing it through a new player's eyes and a veteran's eyes. This update really is mainly for newer players to help guide them easily into the game and it's mechanics. I haven't had a credit problem so far when it comes to ranking up my mods and the relic system is good for those who want a specific item have a better chance of getting it.

1 minute ago, DesoPL said:

Controversial? Son are you drunk?

Relics is far better than mindless grinding for hours surv T3 void or something.

"Mindless hours" of t3 could net you over a hundred rewards for a small handful of keys if you pushed em hard enough.

Relics have at most arguably better rng (there are screenshots of four forma print rolls), get consumed multiple times as fast, and depending on what mission the rifts open up in end up being either a minigame or the reason you don't push further because you can only bring one relic to a mission that can go on for hours.

I personally love SOTR, and while it made endless survivals much less valuable in terms of rewards, I loved the new starchart, as it gives a more guided path to newer players, as well as feeling more accurate. The new fissure system still feels a bit fiddly but i much prefer it to the key systems where I'd run the mission over and over and over again until I felt brain dead. Draco was removed, and this didn't affect me as for I wasn't someone who went there to speed level my gear and boost my MR and ego (seriously, I've never felt the need to use draco to level my gear, maybe I don't see the purpose of adding 8 forma to my MK1 Paris, but some of you draco scrubs had it coming). Overall I much enjoyed SOTR and I personally can't see the argument that this update destroyed endgame. Eh maybe someone will quote me and care to explain. :)P

Edited by Hail_Cobras

7 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

You forgot the removal of Draco to encourage more sales of affinity boosters.

I think the biggest problem there is right now for Veteran /Hardcore players is the utter lack of anything to do between updates now.

Before you could do endless void missions or go 6 forma a weapon/frame in Draco but both of these have been removed.

Overall I think your going to see these types of players game time go down to almost nothing between content patches.

Not to take the thread off tangent but I'm wondering if second dream was a misstep? Not that it wasn't brilliantly done and received but it seems the next cinematic quest has caused a massive delay to this update, leaving a very big gap with little or nothing to do inbetween for the older players?

57 minutes ago, Cool3303 said:

Thanks for ignoring everything I wrote in that section ;)

I think the explosive nerf was just the typical DE thing: "oh it's benefits the player is inconsistent"

afterall they could have nerfed the stats directly at any time...

The change to explosives was actually a bugfix, it just took them over a year to get around to fixing it for some reason. >.>

You can still get your headshots and headshot crits, and it's easily doable with the Pentas: just airburst your grenades like we used to do. There's even a loading screen tip that recommends doing that, and it did so during all the time it was broken.

I was one of the guys who reported it, by the way.

What actually were selling points of this whole update?

starchart 3.0 was supposed to:
-upgrade new player's experience. Yet I fail to see how the hell new player is supposed to reach stage where eximuses spawn on earth without any help. Or even know what eximuses are. And he won't progress without it. But at least he knows now how to get to planet x without resorting to wiki.
-Decrease amount of empty nodes. Yea, newsflash: if it isn't alert/invasion/fissure nodes are as dead as they were before. At least there is less of them now, and background us more flashy so it doesn't look so depressing anymore.
-I remember some talks about easing resource grind by allowing people to adjust difficulty of missions (so, you know, you don't have to fall asleep blending those lv12 corpus when you need neural sensors.).
No?
Ok, that was long ago. From more recent things we are getting record breaking resource costs with almost every single tenno reinforcements... Heliocor isn't example of that trend, but came in with nerf to simmaris rep gain nerf.

Void rework was supposed to "lessen void fatigue" or something like that. Well I suppose this was achieved to a degree... Still, you can't prepare yourself for upcoming PA by gathering keys beforehand. Farming relics after nekrosP arrives won't be fun. But hey, you at least can farm traces beforehand to improve dropchances, right?
 And "improved" dropchances? 2% on basic quality relic is just insulting. Going through the hassle of farming traces and upgrading that chance to 10%? Yea... Instead solving keysharing people are pushed into it harder than ever before, because at how it is now you are getting that part in less than previous 8h of t3s only if you have infinite supply of relics.
But I would be fine with this. Really. Since junk from void droptables was removed, and they aren't so "cluttered" anymore vault isn't needed anymore... Nope, it's still in place. No plans for it's removal were presented either.
So, in aftermath, what was purpouse of this whole pompous change? To take us for a trip to visit other tilesets? That's nice I guess.

I can't really say what I think about credit nerf, but I'm as poor as I was before. Still, if it's true that would mean that THE most important resource of all was nerfed because of 1% of population which does raids dialy... Yea, that convinced me. Totally legit and necesary change. It will make our lives much better.
Same would go for ducats... You get less junk and it's prices were "adjusted" so you can't make some easy ducats anymore. 
But they may be reduced after said 1% spend their stockpiled ducats... On WHAT? on 400 ducats scimitar skin which isn't even that pretty, and you can't even more than one? That won't hit their reserves. Not in the slightest. Smoke and mirrors, this statement was a damage control and will be forgotten by DE way sooner than by players.
It's just tightening a screw on the head of middle or small player. So he has to...
I don't even know.
Buy junk of trading or slave himself to game for 4h a day every day?
Most people I know were struggling to farm up ducats for baro even at previous formula.

All this won't end pretty.

Edited by 5HV3N

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

The change to explosives was actually a bugfix, it just took them over a year to get around to fixing it for some reason. >.>

You can still get your headshots and headshot crits, and it's easily doable with the Pentas: just airburst your grenades like we used to do. There's even a loading screen tip that recommends doing that, and it did so during all the time it was broken.

I was one of the guys who reported it, by the way.

Well I am just kinda salty because most if not all of those weapons really need to be revisited and given a stat upgrade/self damage fix...

Also it kinda was established as mechanic since they specifically fixed explosives counting towards headshot challenges a year back...Why do that if they aren't supposed to headshot?

The display for credits is definitely not broken, the boosters are broken, I ALWAYS get the base amount of credits in a raid even when I have a booster, I also always check my credit count before and after raids ever since SoTR started, it has never worked, not even once.

I am still in a mixed bag for the relics change. I do like the idea of being able to influence the drop change and ~35% with a full squad of radiant is nice, but putting that squad together is still a pain and the mission itself is a lot of the times boring. Still the new system is better than the original fissure closure we had immediately after the upgrade. 

Credit nerf is my main problem at the moment I just don't have enough credits. I am doing sorties daily and getting plently of fusion cores but I can't upgrade my mods for lack of credits. And it I want to buy primed mods well I must save credits for a week at least 

1 minute ago, Cool3303 said:

Well I am just kinda salty because most if not all of those weapons really need to be revisited and given a stat upgrade/self damage fix...

Also it kinda was established as mechanic since they specifically fixed explosives counting towards headshot challenges a year back...Why do that if they aren't supposed to headshot?

I'm not sure when exactly it happened (the always getting headshots thing). But that fix didn't actually fix anything, it just removed explosives headshots from the mission end screen counter. This only made things more confusing.

A few months after that was when I actually noticed the Penta dealing headshots all the time, which I then reported (no idea, but others have probably done that before). But "all the time" isn't true either. It didn't work against MOAs for example (humanoids only), and it was inconsistent against Corpus with their helmets on.

Getting headshots from Penta (explosives) airbursts was a thing longer than not, actually. But I agree with one thing: It shouldn't have taken them over a year to fix this. People get invested into these things. Because of that, my personal suggestion was to fix it and tweak the numbers. However, the bug definitely needed to go, especially after introducing even more critical mods.

2 hours ago, Cool3303 said:

Stealth Nerf

Can this term be changed? It seems too close to "a nerf on stealth mechanics" rather than "a nerf people were not made aware of".

How about Quiet Nerf or Silent Nerf? Or maybe even Stealthy Nerf.

1 hour ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

As a console Tenno looking on with interest, the thing I'm most concerned about is how the new PA relics will be implemented, ie their drop rate and locations. I know the devs said they will make relics easier to acquire but all or some? Worried that the actual PA relics will have ridiculous drop chances before you even start to shine them up and rely on even more rng.

Yeah, we are receiving a hotfix 13 at max and I doubt very much that ps4 will have relics dropping from eximus units, better locations etc with Nekros PA around the corner. Update 1 and 2 for PC fixed a lot of bugs on relics too, so, be prepared for a lot of frustration.

Inb4: Nekros PA will be 10x worse to farm on Ps4 than on PC.

4 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

They would probably lose too much money.

But yeah, I would like that too.

that is way how to atract more players....than they can consider adding skins...if they keep like this problems will be even more complex and they will reach point  like in world of tanks where players lose patience.. and stop invaste in game... and DEVS now doing everything to change stuff.. cz they are lose half player base mostlly veterans what is core of any game

18 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Stealth Nerf

Can this term be changed? It seems too close to "a nerf on stealth mechanics" rather than "a nerf people were not made aware of".

How about Quiet Nerf or Silent Nerf? Or maybe even Stealthy Nerf.

Eh the term has established itself and since stealth is really unplayable (without invisibility) why bother with semantics.

I guess the "poilitically correct" version would be "undocumented change"

4 minutes ago, ashrah said:

that is way how to atract more players....than they can consider adding skins...if they keep like this problems will be even more complex and they will reach point  like in world of tanks where players lose patience.. and stop invaste in game... and DEVS now doing everything to change stuff.. cz they are lose half player base mostlly veterans what is core of any game

Actually they already are loosing players if you look at steamcharts.

http://steamcharts.com/app/230410#1m

But since war within isn't out yet (and the inlfux of new players with update advertisement on steam) there is no way to tell if this trend will continue...

2 hours ago, cghawk said:

they didn't remove it though, you can still play endless void missions if you so desire, you just don't get prime parts anymore.

Which was the whole reason for playing endless void missions.

Just now, KJRenz said:

Can we please stop using the steamcharts as a valid source for the playerbase of Warframe on PC? PLEASE?

why? sure you can play the game without steam but the majority of players no doubt found the game through steam.

Just now, cghawk said:

why? sure you can play the game without steam but the majority of players no doubt found the game through steam.

"Majority"

Can you prove that? If not, my point is still valid.

Can you actually show me the playerbase that doesn't have steam?

3 hours ago, ShadowFox14 said:

SotR was the worst update I have ever experienced. In ANY game.
All my friends are quitting the game, we don't have a purpose to play. 2-3 missions a day and then just close it because it's not fun, boring, more repetitive than ever and not rewarding in any ways.

I love Warframe. But this game is not Warframe anymore.

i couldn't have agreed with you, we started playing this game as close friends, no one is playing as much as they used to.

still, DE has little care for non-steam players (just look at how much effort is put to put tennogen cash-grabs in game), so why should we?(for the record, I'm standalone client player. Untill tennogen happened I didn't even know that WF is on steam) 

And it's not like we as players have any other way of evaluating population changes.
Unless loading screen is actually webpage which traffic can be measured.

And still, some conclusion can be taken from those charts:
lunaro got completely ignored by general population and as such failed to draw many players to game
SoTR generated peak of activity on weekend after it was released, then activity went back to normal.
Even though it is summer and kids have break from school and we're in middle of "biggest update in history of warframe", and day of SotR release scored all time peak in steam's history overall activity seems to be lower than march this year (It may be result of general population consisting of adults who don't get to have summer break. It may be also connected to general population dropping, but this fact being consealed by t(w)eens playing everyday due to school break. It can be something entierly different. Analysys is inconclusive here.)

However you look at it, latest changes don't contribute to game's popularity. They also didn't cause en-masse exodus.
Yet. 
Currently, as I think, people are waiting for TWW update (you remember that TWW is part of the same update as lunaro, which landed over 40 days ago right?). 
we'll see how many people gave up on game after that.

Edited by 5HV3N

47 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

"Majority"

Can you prove that? If not, my point is still valid.

Can you actually show me the playerbase that doesn't have steam?

because it seems only logical, games very rarely succeed or even get popular without steam,I don't know of any people who randomly go to google and search for games, they use steam to search for new games, I also know allot of people who won't even buy or play games unless they're on steam.